Horror Movies Thread | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Mummy 1932 and the Bride of Frankenstein are being re screened tomorrow, Halloween 1978 will be showing in Regal Cinemas for a while… any other classic or otherwise old horror movies being rescreened this year that I should know of?

Reactions: belloq87
The Mummy 1932 and the Bride of Frankenstein are being re screened tomorrow, Halloween 1978 will be showing in Regal Cinemas for a while… any other classic or otherwise old horror movies being rescreened this year that I should know of?

The only other older horror movie I'm aware of getting some screenings is SCREAM 2 on October 9th and 10th.

Just saw the screenings of the Mummy and Bride of Frankenstein. Bride was fun as always but the unnecessary addition of music to the Mummy (which is supposed to be sort-of a silent film at times) annoyed me.

Reactions: belloq87
Other than the first one, what other films from SAW are worth watching? Minus Saw iii, cause that apparently has a really stupid hero.

The new HELLRAISER on Hulu is the best in the franchise since the first film. Not a taste everyone will enjoy, but I would definitely recommend it if you appreciate that original movie. Excellent makeup effects throughout.

Other than the first one, what other films from SAW are worth watching? Minus Saw iii, cause that apparently has a really stupid hero.

The first SAW is the only one I can defend. I think the rest of the series gets way too lost trying to top itself that it becomes laughably ridiculous.

Hellraiser 2022, is technically "good" but i expected a little more. It's 2 hours but 40 minutes could be easily cut and at the same time it had very little gore or cool horror scenes.
Yes the new cenobites are pretty interesting but basically wasted
Only the ending is good. Movie too long, a lot of time wasted on drama. They keep cutting away from cenobites. Cutting away too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: imagin78
Hellraiser 2022, is technically "good" but i expected a little more. It's 2 hours but 40 minutes could be easily cut and at the same time it had very little gore or cool horror scenes.
Yes the new cenobites are pretty interesting but basically wasted
Only the ending is good. Movie too long, a lot of time wasted on drama. They keep cutting away from cenobites. Cutting away too much.

Sounds kind of like the first Hellraiser.

Reactions: Rideguy70

Saw (and my favorite guilty pleasure: the Resident Evil movies) is the movie equivalent of Pringles. Once you pop, you can't stop. The whole series is such a convulated mess that keeps copounding and compounding on itself that it just gets nuttier and nuttier and you can't look away.

My thoughts on Hellraiser 2022

The screenplay sampled here isn't the strongest, but the overall story, development for our leads, and the interactions between characters are all superb. Odessa A'zion's Riley makes for the perfect heroine for a Hellraiser film (You also gotta love her style throughout). A'zion has a strong screen presence and absolutely glows whenever she is featured. Brandon Flynn is very likable as Matt (Riley's brother), though he doesn't get a whole lot of screen time. His vested interest in the well-being of his sister makes him relatable, and someone who you want to see saved. Adam Faison manages to make an impression as Colin (Matt's boyfriend), a nerdy dude with some medical knowledge who assists Riley in her investigation. Faison makes Colin a very likable character who is easy to root for.

Jamie Clayton plays our new Pinhead/The Priest, and is very memorable. She nails her role with ease. The Cenobites here are more evil than in previous installments (not counting Hellraiser 3, where they want to rule the world). They are relentless and scary. These versions have no qualms with targeting those who weren't toying with the puzzle box, something that doesn't feel quite right given what we know about these characters from the previous installments. That said, they are still very memorable in their design, dialogue and acting.

Eli Born (Super Dark Times) is in charge of cinematography, and with David Bruckner (who directs) guiding him, this reboot is always dark, grey, and gorgeous. The production design by Kathrin Eder wows as well. The mansion that serves as the setting for the third act is a fantastic and impressively designed set piece. The Puzzle Box has also been given a gorgeous, sleek, and deadly redesign that is incredibly memorable and cool (this time, it wants blood). The style on display in Hellraiser in 2022 definitely leaves a mark and is one of the defining aspects of this reboot. While Hellraiser is a Hulu exclusive, it looks good enough for the big screen.

With Hellraiser 2022, David Bruckner re-imagines and reinvigorates the Hellraiser franchise. His take is dark, mean, and stylish as hell. It's very respectful to what came before and is true to the themes and tone of the original short story, while still managing to craft a wholly original, creative, and freaky tale. It took thirty-five years, but we finally have a great Hellraiser film. This might be the best of the bunch. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new classic.

4 STARS