Horror Movies Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You stayed after the credits
for the teaser trailer
right?

I had to explain to my wife that it was real, and not just a goof. This other couple that was still there was looking at me like I was crazy.

I was lucky to be tipped-off that there was something at the end worth sticking around for, because otherwise I wouldn't have.

It should be fun to see West riffing on a different era of filmmaking (he claims it's "Classic Hollywood" inspired).

Reactions: DannyPowers
It should be fun to see West riffing on a different era of filmmaking (he claims it's "Classic Hollywood" inspired).

It definitely looks that way. I caught some technicolor dance sequences, but I also caught some pretty good horror moments among all the quick cuts.

Reactions: belloq87
Glad to hear X was fun. I definitely plan on seeing it.

Random but did anyone see Fresh on Hulu? I saw it and I thought it was a great 2-hander of a movie. Both leads were entertaining, but no one seems to have talked about it.

Reactions: DannyPowers

Random but did anyone see Fresh on Hulu? I saw it and I thought it was a great 2-hander of a movie. Both leads were entertaining, but no one seems to have talked about it.

I saw it. I thought it was pretty decent. Shot well, pretty good gore effects, great performances, story was ok.

I saw it as well and also enjoyed it.

If there is a Halloween Ends thread, feel free to move this there.

Jason Blum has been VERY active on Twitter for the past 45 minutes or so. His tweets seem to suggest a trailer drop is imminent...as in sometime today, possibly within the next hour.

I finally watched The Black Phone (streaming on Peacock now) and I actually really liked it. I’m definitely very curious about how the house will be set up now.

Same, caught it last night and I really enjoyed as well. I appreciated it was less on jump scares, more on rolling with a creepy little tale. Ethen Hawke was also delightfully freaky, he made the most of whenever he was on screen.

As for how it'll be in the house, I'm intrigued as well. Though I recall there was a tweet way back which mentioned they'll be taking creative liberties with this and Freaky, which is probably for the better.

Echoing Allison and Tobias here, loved that it felt more like a slow burn with no real sense of a jumpscare (outside of one scene). It wants you to play the game that is being played between Phinn and The Grabber, and actively tries to reward you with discoveries that some people may not catch. Genuinely fascinated to see how it's adapted for HHN, especially given the material present.

Reactions: Allison
Caught a found footage/mockumentary-style horror movie on Tubi tonight called HORROR IN THE HIGH DESERT, and it's very solid for what it is. It concerns a missing hiker/explorer/vlogger, and the attempts to discover what happened to him. Good production value (beautiful -- and eerie -- scenery), solid character work (the missing hiker is extremely likable), and a legitimately scary final 20 minutes (which is the sort of stuff that found footage fans have seen before, but it's executed really well).

If found footage-type horror is your thing, I recommend it.

Count me as somebody who also really enjoyed THE BLACK PHONE.

My Top 5 of the year so far in terms of horror:
- X
- CRIMES OF THE FUTURE (horror-adjacent)
- NOPE
- THE BLACK PHONE
- PREY (horror-adjacent)
Did you see X is getting a Prequel coming out next month

Count me as somebody who also really enjoyed THE BLACK PHONE.

My Top 5 of the year so far in terms of horror:
- X
- CRIMES OF THE FUTURE (horror-adjacent)
- NOPE
- THE BLACK PHONE
- PREY (horror-adjacent)
Just saw The Black Phone the other day was amazing. Started watching Prey butt still have to finish it, loving it so far. Crimes of the Future I want to see too, after all these years David Cronenberg does a body horror flick again, yes! By the way, ever seen any of his son's films?

I've seen POSSESSOR and ANTIVIRAL. I can't claim to have loved either of them! But there's promising stuff in there.

Dad Cronenberg is still the master, and CRIMES OF THE FUTURE is a complete return to form.
I think what Brandon lacks is the self-certainty his dad has. I liked both Antiviral and Possessor (especially the former), my only complaint is the production values seemed slightly off. I think back in the days with films like Videodrome, Scanners, The Brood, Shivers etc., the idea was like yes, let's do our own thing; but I feel like nowadays production values are often like "let's do this thing", so it all becomes a tad more forced, akin to a jumping along the bandwagon.