Horror Movies Thread | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well if it was up to me and I was in this situation that was dealt at the beginning of the movie, there is no movie lol. So yeah, bad decisions, but most horror movies make you buy in in order for you to enjoy them. Horror is the one genre where you can make almost every mistake in the book when writing a screenplay and no one will care as long as the movie is a good time.
Oh, for sure. It just felt like the writer(s) wanted credit for teasing that extra bit of cleverness but since they didn’t end up fully committing to it what was the point? Like I said though, really entertaining movie and if they make sequels I’ll be there for em.

Oh, for sure. It just felt like the writer(s) wanted credit for teasing that extra bit of cleverness but since they didn’t end up fully committing to it what was the point? Like I said though, really entertaining movie and if they make sequels I’ll be there for em.
I wouldn't count on a sequel. Didn't seem like there was much room for one imo, but also, Disney hasn't even announced a sequel to Prey which is something i'd think would be automatic given the response and how it left off. 20th Century makes so many Horror movies as well that I don't know that they are too concerned with announcing a sequel to this movie.

It only made $40M (although probably on a low budget), and why make a sequel when you can just do a completely new Horror movie? Tbh, if there's a recent Disney/Fox horror IP that I think should get a sequel/prequel that probably won't, it's Ready or Not. I feel like you could do an entire prequel trilogy based on some of the backstory that we heard about.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Trick r Treat will be screening for tomorrow only. Dawn of the Dead too but that’s in 3-D and I don’t care for zombie movies so I’m not going to even bother.

Reactions: belloq87
Mine is that hot takes are contrarian dribble and maybe society would be in a better place right now if twitter did not fill people's needs to be constantly vindicated. But I do love me some twitter though.

Caught up on Terrifier and Terrifier 2 in the past week-ish. Put off catching up on them for so long because no one ever really said anything about them that made me actually want to watch them. Brutal, sadistic gore just for the sake of it doesn't sound like a fun time so I went in with mild expectations at best.

I best surmise these films as listening to a comedian tell the same joke over and over and over again. I will always appreciate hand crafted special effects but when that's all your movie can push as a selling point and they're not even top of the shelf quality... it's a miss for me. For as brutal and gory as these films are hailed, it's actually to their own detriment that we focus on these effects in well lit, long takes. Most of them become cheesy and cartoonish after being on the screen for so long. The ones that hit quick and fast usually hold up well but outside of those more restrained instances, yikes.

The first film has zero plot outside of a very generic stalk and slash while the second film has too much plot, is overstuffed with the lightest of light fluff filling and neither film features good acting. The music in the first is super forced, jarring, generic metal esque while the second's score sounds like someone who just discovered synth music much of the run time. Better but still not good. I've seen compliments laden toward the actor behind Art in that he's so creepy, chilling and gets to act more emotionally as a slasher villain. He's fine? He's forced to fill up way too much of the run time in both movies with seeming improv and you're just numb to however scary he can be by the time the credits roll.

I'm glad the franchise is an Indie hit and leads to more projects outside the mainstream. Glad people enjoy them because there's always more horror to discover. I just personally don't resonate with the appeal. I look at something like Hatchet that pushed the gore envelope while also having a much more enjoyable villain, a more fun cast and much, much better effects.

I attempted to watch Terrifier 2 but I lost interest halfway through & can’t tell you much of anything past that halfway point. I tried to be open minded to the sequel, since people seem to love it, but, it’s just…not for me.

I’ve watched quite a few new (to me) movies over the past couple weeks and the one’s that stood out were…

Black Friday - a holiday themed monster movie, such a fun one

A Nasty Piece of Work (apparently this is a TV episode?? Though it’s listed on its own in the Hulu horror section??) - go in with no knowledge whatsoever & it’s great

Smile - really creepy, I liked it a lot more than I thought it would, very jump scare reliant though

Nope - Jordan Peele never misses

Caught up on Terrifier and Terrifier 2 in the past week-ish. Put off catching up on them for so long because no one ever really said anything about them that made me actually want to watch them. Brutal, sadistic gore just for the sake of it doesn't sound like a fun time so I went in with mild expectations at best.

I best surmise these films as listening to a comedian tell the same joke over and over and over again. I will always appreciate hand crafted special effects but when that's all your movie can push as a selling point and they're not even top of the shelf quality... it's a miss for me. For as brutal and gory as these films are hailed, it's actually to their own detriment that we focus on these effects in well lit, long takes. Most of them become cheesy and cartoonish after being on the screen for so long. The ones that hit quick and fast usually hold up well but outside of those more restrained instances, yikes.

The first film has zero plot outside of a very generic stalk and slash while the second film has too much plot, is overstuffed with the lightest of light fluff filling and neither film features good acting. The music in the first is super forced, jarring, generic metal esque while the second's score sounds like someone who just discovered synth music much of the run time. Better but still not good. I've seen compliments laden toward the actor behind Art in that he's so creepy, chilling and gets to act more emotionally as a slasher villain. He's fine? He's forced to fill up way too much of the run time in both movies with seeming improv and you're just numb to however scary he can be by the time the credits roll.

I'm glad the franchise is an Indie hit and leads to more projects outside the mainstream. Glad people enjoy them because there's always more horror to discover. I just personally don't resonate with the appeal. I look at something like Hatchet that pushed the gore envelope while also having a much more enjoyable villain, a more fun cast and much, much better effects.

i pray to the heavens that terrifier never comes to hhn, ( i know is not very likely) but i dread about the idea of terrifier ever being anywhere near hhn. some people are wishing for it and the creator of terrifier even tweeted about wanting it to be at the event. but personally, these are the worst movies ive ever seen

Finally watched Halloween Ends. This movie is bad and Universal/Blumhouse should feel bad for making it.

some of the
corey
kills were really cool.
i would have fully accepted a full movie with just only him , they ruined their own movie by not knowing what they wanted.

the story is incoherent, they literally contradict themselves. a lot of character betrayal from the other 2 movies. very badly written, awful continuity.
i literally cannot understand how they wrote it so badly. laurie made no sense, Allyson made no sense. was michael paranormal now? why?

he gets strength and power from killing, why? the director literally said on interviews that hes not paranormal now? but he transfers his evil by eyesight?
so he really was paranormal? magical?

but personally, these are the worst movies ive ever seen

Even as little enjoyment as I got out of both Terrifer films, they're far from the worst movies ever made so feel lucky if they're the worst you've ever seen. There's a lot of bad, bad, bad genre films out there getting made regularly.

Coming out and living my truth: Halloween Ends is awesome. The closest any sequel has come to Michael feeling like a genuinely looming, supernatural force while maintaining plausible deniability about his mortality - a "shape" rather than a man. Y'all will turn around in a few years once you forget the marketing.

...The closest any sequel has come to Michael feeling like a genuinely looming, supernatural force while maintaining plausible deniability about his mortality - a "shape" rather than a man...

I kinda liked when Michael Myers was a non-supernatural, deranged kid who butchered his sister one Halloween, and the most amazing thing about him was that he learned to drive a car somehow while he was institutionalized. :shrug:

Last edited:
Even as little enjoyment as I got out of both Terrifer films, they're far from the worst movies ever made so feel lucky if they're the worst you've ever seen. There's a lot of bad, bad, bad genre films out there getting made regularly.
honestly i dont remember the last time people were throwing up in theaters or fainting, (cloverfield but that was from shaky cam) terrifier 2 was
pretty dull and boring outside the ridiculous gore
Coming out and living my truth: Halloween Ends is awesome. The closest any sequel has come to Michael feeling like a genuinely looming, supernatural force while maintaining plausible deniability about his mortality - a "shape" rather than a man. Y'all will turn around in a few years once you forget the marketing.

the 8 minutes that michael had were incoherent but fun, his "batman and robin " scene with youknow who while ridiculous was pretty fun to watch
but everything else was so annoying. the bullies were unrealistic and ridiculous, or contradicts the last 2 movies.
you either get annoyed at laurie and the other humans or you scratch your head or cringe at the contradictions to its own lore

why does michael get an apprentice? why does michael spare corey and team up with him?
why can michael read his soul with his eyes? did michael infect corey? how could corey defeat and overpower michael?
how did michael survive in the sewer if he was injured? why did laurie defeat him so easily? SPOILER]