Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - Reviews, Photos, & Media

has anyone ridding at night? Just wondering, Owen mentions something about the headrest having something or other to keep you safe, I am just wondering if it does something in reaction to the raptors, I was thinking night for maybe it shines a light or something but it seems odd to me that they mention some feature in the car to protect you (If I recall correctly) as I assume they would have some effect to let you know the creatures are close.

A comfortable Skyrush would be superb. Sounds like we have a winner!

I really think it would be worthwhile for Hershey/Intamin to invest resources into developing all-new trains for Skyrush that are based around what works so well with these. Veloci constantly throws you out of your seat but it’s never uncomfortable for some reason. Skyrush would go from controversial to a consensus top 5 hyper for everyone if they did it.

It has to do with where the restraint sits on your body. It’s the reason that most enthusiasts prefer the Intamin t bar over the u bar. One rests in your thigh while the other rests closer to your waistline.

This is by far the most intense coaster in Florida, and I absolutely loved it. There's no time to catch your breath, and the coaster's multitude of elements made me forget the layout while I was riding. The final inversion/Mosasaurus Roll might be my favorite moment in the ride; it feels like you're going to crash into the lagoon! Every inversion stands out compared to other Florida coasters. I rode in the 8th row fwiw.

VelociCoaster is around Mako and Montu for my favorite coaster in Florida, but I need to ride it more to determine where it lands.

I just noticed the coaster car on the raptor statue

Looks single rail

VELOCICOASTER WAS AN RMC TREX ORIGINALLY you heard it here first

That's a joke
I know you're joking, but way back when the original thread for JP Expansion started back in like 2013 or something, the rumor was it was going to be a wooden mine train type of coaster. I have to think RMC would've probably been their go to for that had those plans not fallen through.

Remember when a bunch of coaster snobs tried to convince everyone that this has pacing issues based off the early testing videos?

It shows that you can’t judge rides before you actually experience them. Not a single negative reaction from anyone that’s been on so far.
I realize I'm a themed-entertainment guy and not a coaster guy, but credit-counting coaster nerds make me almost ashamed of my hobby.

as long as i don't have to endure listening to your credits while I'm in line, we're all good.

Well, I don't want to think how cringey you must find me, because I'm both. :dance:

As long as you don't count those coasters like "Kiddie Roller Coaster" at Fun Spot USA in your credit listing (thinking of TPR credit counters)...

Alright, y'all.