King Kong Speculation Thread | Page 198 | Inside Universal Forums

King Kong Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely remember a Peter Jackson Kong poster at US a week or two ago and a second item that I can't remember what and where at the moment. I'll be there Saturday to check it out.

A question for some of you more frequent park goers. Are they currently selling Kong merchandise in one or more store in either IOA or US? If so, what?

They sell Kong plushes and shirts at the movie vault store across from Transformers. Not a lot though.

As a reminder only take photos from normal viewing angles from guest areas. No over the wall shots per BriMan, plus UOR does ban people for it.

*photos removed*

no over the wall photos per forum guidelines guys -tt321

Wait, so it is ok to shoot over the wall from Camp Jurassic or the flyers, but not over the wall on the ground. Isn't that a conflicting precedent?

Ok, that second picture (which has since been removed) really perplexes me. That is a really deep and very large hole that they are digging causing me to wonder if parts of the queue are going underground beneath the ride path? I would love that! Let's start that rumor shall we?!

Wait, so it is ok to shoot over the wall from Camp Jurassic or the flyers, but not over the wall on the ground. Isn't that a conflicting precedent?

Extending your body to reach over the wall is the big "No-no". However, there are certain areas (Such as Camp Jurassic) that doesn't require you to extend your body. It's just right placement and viewpoint. Sort of a loophole.

Extending your body to reach over the wall is the big "No-no". However, there are certain areas (Such as Camp Jurassic) that doesn't require you to extend your body. It's just right placement and viewpoint. Sort of a loophole.

Yeah, I know. I was more so making fun of Universal. That said, and speaking of loopholes, would someone please get some CJ pics of the hole that they are digging... wide full shots would be appreciated, especially including the right most side of the foreground construction!

Is sitting on someones sholders a crime (and taking pictures)?
If so a lot of parent going to get kicked out of the parks if they put their kid on their sholders as soon as a show/parade/firework starts.

So can anyone get a drone and fly into that freaking hole?

Ok, a small 'sense of things' description of the Kong queue. From what I "heard" from a pan handler on Tremont St in Boston today, the queue for Kong is going to be a cross between the old Triceratops Encounter queue and the Mummy queue. Unlike the TE queue, it will be more dense with stuff but like Mummy, it will have a kind of 1920's 1930's feel and perhaps a few surprise scares. (if you have a bad heart, I wouldn't recommend the queue let alone the ride) HA!

For those of you unlucky enough to have never walked the TE trails:

Did the beggar say if the queue would be indoors, outdoors, or a combination of both?

Why yes he did as a matter of fact! The earlier long parts of the queue will be outside yet covered to some extent. The closer one gets to the prize will be completely indoors, beneath the current right-most steel structure.

I must say that I am somewhat dazzled by how much they are spending on this project. It is as if they looked back at Diagon and thought... we can do this to a similar standard!

Why yes he did as a matter of fact! The earlier long parts of the queue will be outside yet covered to some extent. The closer one gets to the prize will be completely indoors, beneath the current right-most steel structure.

I must say that I am somewhat dazzled by how much they are spending on this project. It is as if they looked back at Diagon and thought... we can do this to a similar standard!

I've already said it a couple of times, but since I have a tendency to be redundant, I'll say it again. I was as excited, if not more, for this attraction even before Diagon opened (After Diagon it must really behoove UC to ever equal or surpass that great accomplishment). At first I was hoping it would be along the quality & immersion of Indiana Jones at Disneyland. Now I'm convinced that it will be several steps above that great attraction. I've already decided I will do 4 weeks at Universal in 2016, two in the spring & 2 in the fall. I'm just debating when to go in the spring so I can hit it's soft opening....Can't wait.

That queue sounds like it could end up being one of my favourite environments in the whole Resort. That vintage '30s tropical explorer vibe is so cool.

Ugghh I promised myself I wouldn't get too overhyped but that is my favorite type of theming period. Sounds like a haunted Indiana jones adventure queue and my god what a combo. The mummy is already in my top 3 favorite queues of the resort so anything that relates to it is automatically awesome. Can't wait to see the interactive elements too, this will pretty much be my favorite queue in the entire resort, if the ride kills it then it'll be my favorite ride in the entire resort. It's impossible to not overhype myself at this point, it's just automatically happening. Universal announce it PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.