NBA City Closed | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't have the Hershey name, but I've been told it will look something like this, but "steampunk":
chocolate-world.jpg

I see this thread is a little slow... i haven't followed up on it in a long time i'm excited for the chocolate idea and even more so that it is likely to be a Universal concept rather than a franchise type location. For those who don't like chocolate.. i am pretty sure they will cater to you in more ways than one. I certainly welcome this concept over NBA any day.. i truly disliked the NBA restaurant except for the arcade.

Many many many of the small hand dipped chocolate shops in the USA use HERSHEY chocolate. They don't advertise it, but they do use it. And I was told years ago that it is quite a fine product compared with all the chocolate manufacturers of the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal does the same. Not sure if that San Fran company could support them with base product.

Many many many of the small hand dipped chocolate shops in the USA use HERSHEY chocolate. They don't advertise it, but they do use it. And I was told years ago that it is quite a fine product compared with all the chocolate manufacturers of the world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Universal does the same. Not sure if that San Fran company could support them with base product.
How about Dove chocolate? It's a competitor to Hershey and i guess the main quesiton is... is Hershey viewed as a competitor to Universal in anyway being that they own and operate a theme park(s)?

i would honestly take either or don't really care it is an AWESOME idea

I would mostly love if they had some type of take out window or walk up window. Perhaps providing some quick to go dessert.

It will either be Hershey or Ghirardelli unless Universal wants to go all in and start roasting cocoa beans in house (take that NBCSports Grill Brew).

Disney did a similar thing with a coffee shop in DCA, where they roasted their own coffee beans. See, Disney knows people love the smell of coffee so they thought what better way to fill DCA's entrance corridor with the smell of coffee than roasting some beans? Well, the smell of coffee that people's mouths water over is the smell of "BREWED" coffee. Not the smell of roasting coffee beans. Which is pretty awful. Sort of a burnt popcorn smell.

Disney did a similar thing with a coffee shop in DCA, where they roasted their own coffee beans. See, Disney knows people love the smell of coffee so they thought what better way to fill DCA's entrance corridor with the smell of coffee than roasting some beans? Well, the smell of coffee that people's mouths water over is the smell of "BREWED" coffee. Not the smell of roasting coffee beans. Which is pretty awful. Sort of a burnt popcorn smell.

Can confirm. There is a big name coffee plant where I work downtown. Smells like burnt toast every time I go outside. I bet @hatetofly knows what I'm talking about.

It will either be Hershey or Ghirardelli unless Universal wants to go all in and start roasting cocoa beans in house (take that NBCSports Grill Brew).

They could always pipe in the "brewed" smell and no one would no the difference.

Lol, very true the smell of roasting coffee beans is quite different than what one would expect.

you make a great point i can definitely see Ghirardelli

Isn't Ghiradelli prominently featured in Uni Studios San Fran area?

Any how i am truly going to miss the small but fun arcade in NBA city.. im excited i hope this is affordable.

Isn't Ghiradelli prominently featured in Uni Studios San Fran area?

Any how i am truly going to miss the small but fun arcade in NBA city.. im excited i hope this is affordable.
There is a prominent sign, yes, but it isn't actually sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.