NBA City Closed | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

NBA City Closed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they're going to open it this summer in the Kong/Hulk/Sapphire Falls media blitz, which means they'd announce it soon, or they'll announce it during that event for a fall opening.

Just fantasising, but I would freaking love a Nintendo World-esque shop in this location, or even a Nintendo restaurant/arcade combo. It would be the perfect introduction to their presence in the parks over the coming years and a huge coup for the free-to-access Citywalk against Disney Springs.

Just fantasising, but I would freaking love a Nintendo World-esque shop in this location, or even a Nintendo restaurant/arcade combo. It would be the perfect introduction to their presence in the parks over the coming years and a huge coup for the free-to-access Citywalk against Disney Springs.

I think one of the biggest issues with the Disney Springs vs. City walk is Disney Springs is free to everyone where City Walk you have to pay for parking and some of the night clubs and places have an entry fee. So some think you have to pay in general for it. But the parking is a killer for locals or off site guests who don't have an AP or have a seasonal pass.

I don't really compare the two much. They're kind of different animals. Downtown Disney/Disney Springs reminds me of an Outlet Mall. Mostly shopping and some restaurants, very little entertainment. Citi Walk seems primarily an entertainment area and more night time oriented, comprised of lots of entertainment and restaurants and a very small amount of retail/shopping.

Reactions: IzzyB
I don't really compare the two much. They're kind of different animals. Downtown Disney/Disney Springs reminds me of an Outlet Mall. Mostly shopping and some restaurants, very little entertainment. Citi Walk seems primarily an entertainment area and more night time oriented, comprised of lots of entertainment and restaurants and a very small amount of retail/shopping.
There's actually a ton of entertainment throughout Disney Springs.

You can't walk far without bumping into somebody either singing, rapping (the same guys that do the food truck show at USF), playing an instrument, Dancing, etc. And many restaurants have entertainment as well.

I think one of the biggest issues with the Disney Springs vs. City walk is Disney Springs is free to everyone where City Walk you have to pay for parking and some of the night clubs and places have an entry fee. So some think you have to pay in general for it. But the parking is a killer for locals or off site guests who don't have an AP or have a seasonal pass.
Parking will be waved at almost all CityWalk restaurants and Restaurants at resort hotels and when you visit the cinema. It's always packed at CityWalk.

Reactions: JoeCamel
There's actually a ton of entertainment throughout Disney Springs.

You can't walk far without bumping into somebody either singing, rapping (the same guys that do the food truck show at USF), playing an instrument, Dancing, etc. And many restaurants have entertainment as well.

I think he meant there are more entertainment venues at CityWalk (clubs, Rising Star, Hard Rock, BMG, etc) than Disney Springs (Cirque, HoB) but I do agree there is more overall street entertainment at the Springz.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Nick
I think he meant there are more entertainment venues at CityWalk (clubs, Rising Star, Hard Rock, BMG, etc) than Disney Springs (Cirque, HoB) but I do agree there is more overall street entertainment at the Springz.
I could easily counter Hard Rock and BMG with HOB and Cirque. Edison may be able to compete as an entertainment option as well when it opens. Not to mention DS has a bowling alley and (even with its impending closure and outdated games) Disney Quest.

I think it's all about how you define entertainment.

If one is willing to splurge enough, you could throw the amphicars in as well. Oh, and the damn balloon thing.

Yeah, exactly. I probably should have communicated entertainment better, since it was clubs/bars I was referring to, not strolling type entertainment. I look at CitiWalk as more of a nightclub/restaurant area. Disney Springs is really huge and only has a few clubs with shopping vastly dominating. . CitiWalk is compact & primarily a restaurant/bar/nightclub scene. Really two different beasts. No one would remotely think of CitiWalk as an outdoor shopping mall.

So you can get your money back from parking at a restaurant? I never knew that. Or did I read that wrong.
Thats how I read it, but I never knew that if it is the case.

On our first ever visit over there, we assumed you needed your Universal Ticket to get into City Walk as we were not told otherwise haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.