Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Theater at Magic Kingdom

Using that prime real estate in Adventureland would likely prevent the land from ever getting a major new ride.

Considering it's been 45 years since Adventureland got a legitimate new ride, I wasn't holding my breath.

Wow. If this is true this is stupid as heck.
Magic Kingdom needs MORE capacity. They decide to build a lower capacity coaster for the 50th...the park needed a big capacity attraction like this.

WDW making dumb moves yet again...

Wow. If this is true this is stupid as heck.
Magic Kingdom needs MORE capacity. They decide to build a lower capacity coaster for the 50th...the park needed a big capacity attraction like this.

WDW making dumb moves yet again...
This wasn't really a big capacity attraction, just decent capacity per show. There's a difference between per show and per hour.

We were only looking at this feeding about 14,000 per day or so max if it did 7 showings (i'm being very generous in saying Disney would do 7 shows per day, too)

Low capacity is Disney's new game.
Can't get in there, buy a dinner package, buy an extra fastpass, buy an after hour ticket and have a guaranteed seat unlike the rest who "only" paid a regular park entrance fee.
They are doing it on purpose. Create demand and shortages and have extra income with no effort whatsoever.

Low capacity is Disney's new game.
Can't get in there, buy a dinner package, buy an extra fastpass, buy an after hour ticket and have a guaranteed seat unlike the rest who "only" paid a regular park entrance fee.
They are doing it on purpose. Create demand and shortages and have extra income with no effort whatsoever.

You also have the option of staying at a hotel to get that FP+ 60 days out.

You also have the option of staying at a hotel to get that FP+ 60 days out.
Even with the 60 day window, it's tough to get a fastpass for the newer rides, which most just happen to be low capacity. Not like Disney doesn't know how to build high capacity rides. Most of their older, highly loved attractions, are high capacity. I think Tielo is on to something with his theory.

Even with the 60 day window, it's tough to get a fastpass for the newer rides, which most just happen to be low capacity. Not like Disney doesn't know how to build high capacity rides. Most of their older, highly loved attractions, are high capacity. I think Tielo is on to something with his theory.

Which then pushes guests to pay $50 for 90 day FP window ... which around time SWL opens will no doubt be widened to other certain onsite guests (premium hotels or SW hotel?) ... imagine the $ if X% of guests paid to get onto each SWL ride

MK doesn't need more rides and expansions.
There are 3 other parks that need to be as desirable for the guests as MK is so the load is better divided over 4 parks.
They are finally, slowly expanding and replacing old crap but a kiddy coaster and spinners at the Studios, a GotG coaster won't do that. As Pandora it needs a bigger throughput and no Z ticket mini rides like the boat ride. Neglecting all these park for to long, not changing at lease all the shows that run for more than 15 years and have many rides frequently broken due to that lag of maintenance creates a crap experience. I'm still amazed people still spend their hard earned cash at WDW.

MK doesn't need more rides and expansions.
There are 3 other parks that need to be as desirable for the guests as MK is so the load is better divided over 4 parks.
That mindset isn't exactly true. MK will always be #1, no question. There's never going to be a time where guests go to WDW but skip out on MK. If anything, expansions to the other parks cause even higher crowds at MK. When WDW gets a huge attendance boost from Galaxy's Edge, not only is that millions of more people visiting DHS, that's millions of more people visiting MK on the side. And MK needs expansions to properly deal with that and adjust crowd flow.

The ideal is getting major new high-capacity e-tickets in both Tomorrowland and Adventureland, distributing crowds on two ends of the park that are in need of expansion and not in Fantasyland.

2 different people have told me that my info is wrong and it's not a Moana show but a variety type show with multiple IPs including Moana. And that the facility is "temporary".
LikableOptimisticBallpython-max-1mb.gif

The first person to tell me about it compared it directly to The Fantasyland Theater and the shows it presents.

More like Fantasyland Theater, less like Hyperion Theater.
Both have comparable capacity and you can easily put a very good show on in a theater like the Fantasyland Theater. It all comes down to what they do. It could be an updated clone of Magical Map (since you mentioned clone). With the humidity of Orlando, the parks really do need enclosed theater venues, but the addition of any theater-specific venue is also a win as long as it's of quality.

This guy literally just scours message boards and puts up videos on YouTube. He knows nothing more than this thread will tell you.