Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Second lead story on Pittsburgh KDKA TV news at 5:30. I'm watching the story now. This story is everywhere. They did the story on site at Carnegie Mellon University, which is a leader in innovations like this.

Reactions: Mike S
wait if that is the case, then the pokemon company is allowing products to be sold in citywalk which could keyword here is could suggest that Universal has been granted permission at least for licensed pokemon items which could lead to theme park rights.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah, I've heard so many news stories over the past two days about Pokemon GO.

The craziest stated that the APP is bringing in $1.6 Bilion a day. I have no idea how they came up with that as I feel it would have to be more than in APP purchases, but I have no idea.

I use a Windows phone, so I haven't even tried to look for this, but my wife was playing the other day. We have a fountain in the middle of a lake in our neighborhood and my wife was ticked that she can't get close enough to said fountain to catch the thing.

But hey, much like the 1st Wii, something has come out that gets people exercising, so I imagine it is a good thing!

Reactions: Macfr3ak
They are out...as in you can actually purchase as of today. Most places are sold out and being sold on ebay for a pretty penny. Sold out in pre-sale i should say.

It actually hasn't released just yet. Pokemon.com and GameStop.com say late July. People on ebay are selling their pre-orders.

Yeah, I've heard so many news stories over the past two days about Pokemon GO.

The craziest stated that the APP is bringing in $1.6 Bilion a day. I have no idea how they came up with that as I feel it would have to be more than in APP purchases, but I have no idea.

I use a Windows phone, so I haven't even tried to look for this, but my wife was playing the other day. We have a fountain in the middle of a lake in our neighborhood and my wife was ticked that she can't get close enough to said fountain to catch the thing.

But hey, much like the 1st Wii, something has come out that gets people exercising, so I imagine it is a good thing!
Bull. The most I've seen is that it has brought in $14 million since release.

Some news on Nintendo Land for Japan, but I assume applies to the States as well
Instead of linking each tweet I'll just give the twitter handle to the person I'm getting this from: https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan
Keep in mind, I believe this guy is translating from a different source, so always possible for some errors.

Tweet 1: According to Mainichi Shinbun, the head of Universal Studios Japan says the Mario area will "exceed" Harry Potter.
Tweet 2: The head of Universal Studios Japan also says that not just Mario, but "many" of Nintendo's IPs are under consideration for the theme park.
Tweet 3: Reaffirms the previous statement that the Nintendo area of Universal Studios Japan will be open by the 2020 Olympics.
Tweet 4: While it took $400 million to build the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios Japan, Nintendo Land may cost "beyond $500 million".
Tweet 5: MULTIPLE attractions/restaurants/stores are being jointly developed between Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan.
Tweet 6: Looking like there is a possibility that Nintendo Land will be "officially announced" (unveiled?) to the public sometime before year's end. (I think this tweet is more speculation as opposed to his translations)

Tweet 6: Looking like there is a possibility that Nintendo Land will be "officially announced" (unveiled?) to the public sometime before year's end. (I think this tweet is more speculation as opposed to his translations)
Haven't insiders hinted at this too?

Theory time: Whenever Nintendo has their big press conference to reveal the NX, they're also going to reveal some major branching out stuff, like film projects, and Nintendo Land will be one of the things mentioned/detailed.

Haven't insiders hinted at this too?

Theory time: Whenever Nintendo has their big press conference to reveal the NX, they're also going to reveal some major branching out stuff, like film projects, and Nintendo Land will be one of the things mentioned/detailed.

For whatever reason; I think we will be hearing a lot about the future of the company around the time of the Tokyo Game Show.

I think for the parks; this includes details primarily on USJ and how they will incorporate Nintendo as they launch the upcoming land..

Also, great details on USJ's rendition have come out..

USJ " Mario " is more than Harry Potter ! ! To 50 billion yen more than the investment scale of ... aim open to children " summer vacation free " Tokyo Olympics of Kansai

Management company 11 days of Osaka City theme park " Universal Studios Japan " (USJ), the new area you are planning to build in partnership with Nintendo , much greater than the area of the popular movie " Harry Potter " investment It revealed becomes thing . Scheduled to Nintendo's popular characters , such as " Mario " the advent of a large number , investment is also likely to exceed 500 billion yen . Aims to open up to 2020 years by the Tokyo Olympic Games will be held.

Tsuyoshi Morioka executive officer of the management company in charge of the investment strategy of USJ is revealed told , such as the Sankei Shimbun . 26 years to open the Harry of Potter area investment of 400 billion yen . Morioka Mr. For Nintendo area was declared as " become more than that ."

Management company 11 days of the " Universal Studios Japan " (USJ), as a memorial project of opening the 15th anniversary , from July 16 days of the summer vacation period until September 4 , to target the Kansai prefectures residents , It announced that a campaign to free one of the admission children per one adult . Adult (12 years of age or older , usually ¥ 7400 ) 1 person , children ( 4 to 11 years of age , the same 4980 yen ), which accompanied a total of 2 servings tickets for the launch in the yen 7400 . In USJ point of contact , you must show a certificate that can verify your address such as a driver's license.

Management company has said, " in the sense of giving back to the Kansai region , I want to experience the USJ of opening 15 anniversary to a lot of people ." Similarly children free planning is that it has been also carried out in 2011 and 25 years

It may result in nearly/more than 500 million dollar expansion for USJ.

Last edited:
What confuses me, is that Japan is getting two major-ish attractions that appear to have similar content. The only difference is that one seems to be a children's version with child like characters. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Bull. The most I've seen is that it has brought in $14 million since release.

That sounds more reasonable. I am certain the news caster got something wrong and I imagine the number he mentioned was related to users and not revenue.

Yeah I don't know how that's possible unless accessories are "external batteries" and cell phone cases :p

I did see another story that mentioned that it cost $10 for a lurer for the day...what I am wondering though is if businesses pay anything to have Pokemon to invade their establishments.

Not really a big deal to me. I am just impressed on how this got so big so fast!

Some news on Nintendo Land for Japan, but I assume applies to the States as well
Instead of linking each tweet I'll just give the twitter handle to the person I'm getting this from: https://twitter.com/FarmboyinJapan
Keep in mind, I believe this guy is translating from a different source, so always possible for some errors.

Tweet 1: According to Mainichi Shinbun, the head of Universal Studios Japan says the Mario area will "exceed" Harry Potter.
Tweet 2: The head of Universal Studios Japan also says that not just Mario, but "many" of Nintendo's IPs are under consideration for the theme park.
Tweet 3: Reaffirms the previous statement that the Nintendo area of Universal Studios Japan will be open by the 2020 Olympics.
Tweet 4: While it took $400 million to build the Harry Potter area at Universal Studios Japan, Nintendo Land may cost "beyond $500 million".
Tweet 5: MULTIPLE attractions/restaurants/stores are being jointly developed between Nintendo and Universal Studios Japan.
:D:clap::whoo::thumbsup::cheers: