Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also nothing is stating all the attractions are ground level and not built on top of each other....if I remember people stating earlier plans were to build up rather than out

Reactions: Mike S
Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer

Just watched a youtube video of the game play. Oooooh! Aaaaaaa! I didn't have a clue what I had seen months ago. Of course, this wasn't originally slated for Orlando but then there were musings and an eye on the ET building. It would be a great attraction for USO. It's big like Small World yet not as grossly long, and charming like CITH.

If that's the case... I'm guessing Mario Kart trackless dark ride, Donkey Kong Country Mine Train, and a Super Mario Bros classic dark ride.
My dream Nintendo area featuring mostly the Mario universe would be Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Mine Carts, and Luigi's Mansion for the big rides and then I guess a Yoshi themed carousel and a teacup egg ride for the smaller attractions.
Oooh, I misspoke. There are two or three of these things in the second Japan ride... but they aren't a big deal compared to other robotic characters. That must be the reason I forgot all about them. There certainly aren't crowds like the picture above. Sorry for the oversight! :)
Perfect. They really shouldn't be a big deal.
Just watched a youtube video of the game play. Oooooh! Aaaaaaa! I didn't have a clue what I had seen months ago. Of course, this wasn't originally slated for Orlando but then there were musings and an eye on the ET building. It would be a great attraction for USO. It's big like Small World yet not as grossly long, and charming like CITH.
Wait a minute, are we getting a Yoshi's Island dark ride?!?! :clap:

I want this so bad if that's the case...

I have not heard anything about what was decided. It still might be only Japan that gets it for all I know. As far as dark, I recall it being very bright and colorful and happy.

Has there been any word about Secret Life of Pets coming to Japan? If not, I could see them getting an exclusive colorful/happy ride since Pets will already fill that niche in the U.S. parks.

That sounds really good! Here is to hoping it makes it over to Orlando. I know there are some here that are very fond of E.T., but if it were up to me I'd volunteer myself to take down E.T. for free if it meant we would get a new ride like that, just hand me a chainsaw! :saw::D

...if this is indeed a thing; why the hell is it giving me flashbacks to this?

Geeez that thing is so long, children will have grown out their clothes by the time you get to the end. The first 4 minutes were impressive, and then I began to think, "Oh c'mon!!!". What horrid unnecessary overkill and like Small World, the same song over and over and over. I had never seen a video of it before and I certainly won't be seeing it again. ;)

And no, the attraction in question doesn't bear any resemblance to any of Sinbad storybook.

:jaw:
While I would rather have a Luigi's Mansion dark ride, the fact that we might be getting a second dark ride at all is super exciting.

So we have Mario Kart, and possibly Yoshi. And there are toads present in the second Mario ride. Is Yoshi the 2nd Mario ride? Or is Yoshi considered the 3rd smaller ride? Things are getting clustered.

So, all of those little dragon/dino creatures in the game are Yoshis? Or is only one named Yoshi?

In the games, Yoshi isn't just a single one off character, there is a population of them. Not perfectly sure how they are referred to in the plural form, weather it's Yoshis or just Yoshi, like plural of Deer is still deer. Oh well, important thing to know is that yes, those dino things are all of the same species, which are named Yoshi :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Teebin