Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 138 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You know precisely where they are building in Japan? How do you know that???

Ever since the GameXplain rumor from earlier in the year; The rumors have been pointing heavily to a cluster of buildings near the parks entrance; where they have been holding the Universal Cool events.

Its about 5.8 acres from what I can gather, and that is pending on if Space Fantasy is going to be included in the area for acreage.

Ever since the GameXplain rumor from earlier in the year; The rumors have been pointing heavily to a cluster of buildings near the parks entrance; where they have been holding the Universal Cool events.

Its about 5.8 acres from what I can gather, and that is pending on if Space Fantasy is going to be included in the area for acreage.

I heard they were getting rid of Jaws instead due to Universal Cool/Jump area is way too valuable.

As I said yesterday, Orlando very well may not be getting Yoshi at all. It was only planned for Japan.
Hmmm... maybe Donkey Kong is planned for US and Yoshi for Japan? I'm pretty sure Donkey Kong is slightly more popular in America than he is in Japan, and they could be saving both as expansion plans for the other. (Yoshi in Orlando for a Mario expansion, and vice versa)

You know precisely where they are building in Japan? How do you know that???
Nintendo-Area-at-Universal-Studios.jpg

Isn't this official?

Interesting..then, may I ask if this is including Amity; will this also include the Waterworld area/show?

Amity....water world is staying, they utilize for things other than water world and its satisfaction ratings doesn't suggest they get rid of it. The Sankei article was correct at one time but it seems like things changed recently.

and also when the nintendo stuff leaked this statement was released:

Japan's Sankei newspaper carried an article on Saturday claiming that a new Nintendo attraction, already announced by the two companies, would open at USJ in 2020 and detailing the location and cost: $350 million (¥40 billion).

USJ's Takahashi said that while plans for the attraction were moving forward, the details in the article were incorrect.
Universal Studios Japan Sets New Attendance Record, on Course for 14M Visitors - Hollywood Reporter

Reactions: Mike S
Amity....water world is staying, they utilize for things other than water world and its satisfaction ratings doesn't suggest they get rid of it. The Sankei article was correct at one time but it seems like things changed recently.

Hmm, then I'm intrigued.

So in essence, would the size of the plot be this..?

NoOIi6X.jpg

It would be close to 10 acres, but I am surprised that they would have it at Amity.

Hmm, then I'm intrigued.

So in essence, would the size of the plot be this..?

NoOIi6X.jpg

It would be close to 10 acres, but I am surprised that they would have it at Amity.

This most likely is the major part of the reasoning in addition to space.

USJ in its announcement on April 1 attributed its attendance record in part to an attraction themed on the Harry Potter film series that opened in 2014 and remained popular thanks to improvements to the facility.

Limited anime-themed events also contributed to attracting visitors, with an increase in arriving and departing flights operated by low-cost carriers at Kansai International Airport also serving as a tail wind for the rise in attendance, the company said.
Universal Studios Japan sets attendance record in 2015:The Asahi Shimbun

Those temporary overlays make USJ a LOT of money. Especially One Piece.

This most likely is the major part of the reasoning in addition to space.

Those temporary overlays make USJ a LOT of money. Especially One Piece.

With nine acres, they could follow a very similar route much like what UOR may have. What questions me is USH, as they are extremely limited on space as is (since they are rumored to have it too).