Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 135 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What confuses me, is that Japan is getting two major-ish attractions that appear to have similar content. The only difference is that one seems to be a children's version with child like characters. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I understand there are two Mario universe rides.

Imagine a $1 Billion dollar Nintendoland. I mean we got Diagon Alley for $256 million.

Diagon cost $400 mill. Nintendo doesn't need to cost a billion.

Mario/Baby Mario?

I was thinking possibly that, but Nintendo's baby characters, which I'm not a fan of - despite the fact that Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer, all look distinctly like babies. The only characters I can think of that would appear child like is Toad:
ef2f5c80-762a-11e4-895f-219b8d30d8e2_Toad_Group.jpg

Can't think of any other characters at the moment that would fit that description

Reactions: anihilnation
Is it still Mario Kart dark ride and Donkey Kong coaster?
As for the third, would this be a major ride, or just something minor, since I think in the past it was said two bigger rides and 1-2 smaller rides.

Will be interesting to see if Orlando and Japan open both in 2020.

Not to go too far into speculation but your post gives me an idea which I think would make sense with what Teebin is saying. Maybe a mine cart coaster themed to Donkey Kong, and another Mine cart one themed to Toad. The game that was recently released, Captain Toad treasure tracker, featured mine carts I believe. So maybe a DK coaster that is more thrilling, and one themed to toad and treasure finding that is more tame?

I think Skip has said in the past that we may be seeing a DK coaster, though things could obviously change. So I could see DK Coaster being something akin to BTMRR, and a toad mine cart ride being similar to 7 dwarves. Insiders can let me know if I'm hot or cold :p

Reactions: anihilnation
Not to go too far into speculation but your post gives me an idea which I think would make sense with what Teebin is saying. Maybe a mine cart coaster themed to Donkey Kong, and another Mine cart one themed to Toad. The game that was recently released, Captain Toad treasure tracker, featured mine carts I believe. So maybe a DK coaster that is more thrilling, and one themed to toad and treasure finding that is more tame?

I think Skip has said in the past that we may be seeing a DK coaster, though things could obviously change. So I could see DK Coaster being something akin to BTMRR, and a toad mine cart ride being similar to 7 dwarves. Insiders can let me know if I'm hot or cold :p
I have mentioned Captain Toad in the past as well, so I would love to see that. And yes, that game had a few mine cart levels that were really great :)

Reactions: chocotaco
Hmm... how about...
Mario Kart E-Ticket where anyone over 10 can drive a kart.
Baby Mario Kart C-Ticket where anyone under 10 can drive a much smaller kart through a very small obstacle course.

2 Mario universe rides for USJ, and possibly a third ride for UOR.
Three rides? Sounds good to me :D

Does this mean anything for E.T.?
Is it still Mario Kart dark ride and Donkey Kong coaster?
As for the third, would this be a major ride, or just something minor, since I think in the past it was said two bigger rides and 1-2 smaller rides.

Will be interesting to see if Orlando and Japan open both in 2020.
As far as Nintendo is concerned DK does exist in the Mario universe even though he has his own games so I'm wondering if they're still including it or not. I think it would be a mistake not to.

Just my opinion, but I don't want a ride based on the Toads. Seems like a waste to me.

The third ride I've heard about would be bigger, but not an E-ticket.

Plan has always included a few flat rides too AFAIK, but I don't count them in the overall ride count.

Hmm... how about...
Mario Kart E-Ticket where anyone over 10 can drive a kart.
Baby Mario Kart C-Ticket where anyone under 10 can drive a much smaller kart through a very small obstacle course.

I think y'all are taking "similar experience" a bit too literally. It'll be similar in that they'll be indoor dark rides, not the same exact kind of ride.

Three rides? Sounds good to me :D

Maybe. Two seems definite. I know they have pre-viz for a 3rd.

I was thinking possibly that, but Nintendo's baby characters, which I'm not a fan of - despite the fact that Yoshi's Island is my favorite platformer, all look distinctly like babies. The only characters I can think of that would appear child like is Toad:

Can't think of any other characters at the moment that would fit that description

Yeah, nothing that looked like these baby characters...

How big is the KidZone plot? It seems like we've jumped from 2 rides to potentially 5 (of all different sizes). Throw in restaurants, shops, and room for crowds (plus interactive things, Meet + Greets and the like), and you would need a ton of room

How big is the KidZone plot? It seems like we've jumped from 2 rides to potentially 5 (of all different sizes). Throw in restaurants, shops, and room for crowds (plus interactive things, Meet + Greets and the like), and you would need a ton of room

When you don't count ET but count everything else in the land (including Animal Actors..); it gives you about about 7.8 acres in a sense..count ET; and you get 10.2 Acres.

Thanks! 10.2 acres seems reasonable. It sounds like Hogsmeade is roughly 8.5 acres (13, but 1/3 of that is Dragon Challenge). With 10 acres and less shopping, I could maybe see 5 rides

Previous Insider reports were that they were building high vertical, thus utilizing the space better.

Oooh, I misspoke. There are two or three of these things in the second Japan ride... but they aren't a big deal compared to other robotic characters. That must be the reason I forgot all about them. There certainly aren't crowds like the picture above. Sorry for the oversight! :)