Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reactions: IzzyB
I really just see this as a flash in the pan. Everyone is doing it NOW, it will have played itself out in a few months. Just like every other phone based game, it will come and go.
Go itself may be a flash in the pan, but it proves that Pokemon is still a strong IP two decades later. It's been going strong and it's only going to get more popular in the future with a movie being made...

Go itself may be a flash in the pan, but it proves that Pokemon is still a strong IP two decades later. It's been going strong and it's only going to get more popular in the future with a movie being made...
My point is that fast tracking Pokemon BECAUSE of Go would be short sighted. It would have been like green lighting a Farmville Land or Candy Crush Land. I get that Pokemon has a broader appeal among people who grew up with Pokemon, just like Nintendo Land will have an appeal to those who grew up with it. As a person who is not a gamer or ever played Pokemon I could give a rat's rear about them. I can appreciate they could make good attractions, but my feeling towards them is about the same as my feeling about Avatar Land. I'm sure I'll enjoy them, but they're just not something I'll be excited about.

Okay but I think the idea here is this popularity is different than most apps. People didn't get Pokemon Go because it was just a fad (yes I know a decent portion did). The game was majorly anticipated amongst fans long before it came out because the brand has a fanbase. Candy Crush and Farmville were popular as something to do when you were bored, and became known through their popularity as boredom apps. Pokemon Go had a long established, very large pre existing fanbase. Like Potter, it could be something incredible. Avatar isn't in that league in my opinion. Like any IP, there are plenty of non fans. Hell I know lots of people who don't like Harry Potter much but the land appeals to fans and non fans alike because of it's execution as a fantasy world.

Pokemon had a successful TV show, couple movies, toys, card game, and of course the games. It's a little different than green-lighting Farmville. Even before GO became "THE THING"; there was already hope and talk that there should be an inclusion of Pokemon. Pikachu isn't called "Japanese Mickey" for nothing. :lol:

Pikachu isn't called "Japanese Mickey" for nothing. :lol:
That must be something new. I've always heard Astro Boy referred to as the Japanese Mickey Mouse and his creator Osamu Tezuka as their Walt Disney.
astroboy21.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
Pokemon is all over the US. Walk in a Toys R Us and they have a whole aisle of Pokemon items. Build a bear had a Pikachu just recently also.

I've been selling Pokemon t shirts all week, it's been a welcome boost for what is generally considered a slow week in Scotland.

Glasgow Fair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I gotta agree that an indoor, Kilimanjaro Safari-style attraction with some interactive/shoot 'em up dark ride elements and lavish sets/AAs would be the best way to build a Pokemon E-ticket.

The question is whether Pokemon would go into the MIB/Springfield plot, serve as a Toon Lagoon replacement or be incorporated into the 3rd gate. There's no real concrete option, but the success of Pokemon Go has to have Comcast execs contemplating where Pokemon could fit into Universal Orlando

I don't really want another a screenz type attraction but something like TSM where you fire pokeballs at the screen would be a huge hit.