Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
latest

Reactions: Mike S
Regarding the Nintendo partnership, when is the attraction supposed to be released to the GP? Hopefully before Fall of 2020, as I'm leaving Florida then! My last trip to ORL is 2020 summer, and I want to be there!

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Regarding the Nintendo partnership, when is the attraction supposed to be released to the GP? Hopefully before Fall of 2020, as I'm leaving Florida then! My last trip to ORL is 2020 summer, and I want to be there!

As of right now, Japan seems to be possibly for the 2020 season; although nothing has been said on Orlando & Hollywood's rumored Nintendo expansion.

If you are looking for news on the project, look at Japan possibly later in the year. That will give you at least a preconceived perception for what to expect on State-Side in a sense.

If they start it next year and if they can get it done in three years then you might make it. Trouble is all the ifs.

If they start it next year and if they can get it done in three years then you might make it. Trouble is all the ifs.

Dare I need to remind that they got Diagon done in two years in-terms of construction.

I have a feeling if they really need it, KZ could last one more year and then close for 2018; or if they we're smart; close half of Kidzone next labor day and then close the other half shortly after Christmas of 2017. That way, it gives them the ability to start demolition while keeping attractions like ET and/or Animal Actors for a bit more time (and that's saying IF ET is closing for Nintendo).

I think the thing to know, is that Nintendo warned people that it's not gaining that much profit for them as is (as they have to share with Niantic, The Pokémon Company, and Game Freak). What makes me the most curious is with the new rumors of the NX, and that it could possibly lead to involvement with the parks in a sense when you think about what's being rumored.

What that is, there is a great article on Eurogamer talking of what the NX could possibly be (and unlike the past, this one has albeit a bit more substance).

Nintendo NX is a portable console with detachable controllers • Eurogamer.net

Last edited:
Dare I need to remind that they got Diagon done in two years in-terms of construction.

I have a feeling if they really need it, KZ could last one more year and then close for 2018; or if they we're smart; close half of Kidzone next labor day and then close the other half shortly after Christmas of 2017. That way, it gives them the ability to start demolition while keeping attractions like ET and/or Animal Actors for a bit more time (and that's saying IF ET is closing for Nintendo).
Absolutely. This all boils down to motivation. If Universal wants Nintendo open in 2020 it will open in 2020.

It makes perfect sense. Universal needs a Wow land to compete against Star Wars land. The two opening at the same time, or within a year of each other, will attract throngs of tourists to Orlando, and both Disney & Universal will feed off of those extra numbers. This could be one of those situations where competition is good for all parties involved.

Reactions: JPRA513 and Mike S
It makes perfect sense. Universal needs a Wow land to compete against Star Wars land. The two opening at the same time, or within a year of each other, will attract throngs of tourists to Orlando, and both Disney & Universal will feed off of those extra numbers. This could be one of those situations where competition is good for all parties involved.
latest

Here comes the big fight! The mask vs the mustache! They better make extra popcorn. :popcorn:

Seriously, this is the motivation Universal needs to get it done sooner rather than later. Unless Disney takes a few extra years to build it. We might have Nintendo Land 2.0 by then.

I think we've gotten most of what we need.

Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Mine Train, Yoshi's Island, and some flat rides.

Are Flat Rides really necessary for this? If the capacity for the land is really good, with MarioKart and Yoshi's Island being FJ Capacity levels; I don't think we need Flat Rides to round it out.