Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Keep in mind that I do not know this IP well at all... but I will tell you that at least two of your thoughts are true and happening!

tumblr_nglx2gxfDs1u1rr59o1_400.gif

I also expect Nintendoland will have integration for the handheld console, kind of the way way Potter has the wands. Something with amibos would be cool as well.

I expect Amibo's to take a big part in the land in a sense. It would make sense, synergizing with a very profitable element of Nintendo right now. And using that for the parks; would make sense in allowing new way's of element's in the land to come alive.

Perhap's that is just me; but it makes sense.

tumblr_nglx2gxfDs1u1rr59o1_400.gif

I expect Amibo's to take a big part in the land in a sense. It would make sense, synergizing with a very profitable element of Nintendo right now. And using that for the parks; would make sense in allowing new way's of element's in the land to come alive.

Perhap's that is just me; but it makes sense.
I thought they said Amiibo has been down in their last quarterly review?

I thought they said Amiibo has been down in their last quarterly review?
Heard that too. Big reason though, I think, is because they are still limited in use, though I heard there was an amiibo game in the making, but I have no idea if this is still happening. People are probably waiting to see if the NX will use them.

Not meaning to side-track this thread or be rude, but if GotG in Epcot does actually happen, you will have so much crow to eat lol. It's just you have completely gone out of your way to make sure everyone knows that you think it's BS.

Yes I will. I've heard from two people I trust implicitly tell me this isn't happen, so I'm standing by what I've heard.

Reactions: Macfr3ak and Nick
And while I get that, with F&F, Fallon, (Possibly for if it's Greenlit before Nintendo) SLoP, Kong and Volcano Bay should give the resort atleast a good amount of Capacity. I would assume that would be enough to justify the need to not really have a flat ride in Nintendo, but that is just me.
The problem lies in that Universal Orlando already has a lot of D-ticket/E-ticket attractions and very few low-key attractions to experience.

By 2018, Universal Studios Florida will have 11 D/E attractions and Islands of Adventure will have 10 D/E attractions.

And that's before Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, SLOP and whatever else they've got planned.

I just think both parks could use some small-scale attractions to draw in crowds during peak times/days. I'm not a huge fan of flat rides, but I recognize their appeal and it gives smaller franchises like WarioWare or Luigi's Mansion a chance at getting an addition.
Yes I will. I've heard from two people I trust implicitly tell me this isn't happen, so I'm standing by what I've heard.
I hope it doesn't. There's just no real reason to put GotG into Epcot :lol: I'd rather see it replace Stitch's Great Escape if it has to replace anything.

Reactions: tankart150
Not trying to start another screen debate...but just asking.....how are they going to have Mario Kart ride through multiple locations without using screens? Just curious to see how they would do it and also wondering how fast it will go? Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)

Reactions: tankart150
Not trying to start another screen debate...but just asking.....how are they going to have Mario Kart ride through multiple locations without using screens? Just curious to see how they would do it and also wondering how fast it will go? Can't wait to see how it turns out. :)
Giant showbuilding with different scenes/sections that are themed to multiple locations, I would assume.

Reactions: martymcflyy85

In a strange way, I actually wouldn't complain if the transitions of scene to scene was screens..IF.

And I mean IF, they do it by the only manner that I would tolerate.

warp-pipe-gif.gif

...Yep. The. God. Damn. Warp pipe.

There are no screens on these projects at all. At least, no screens like Spidy or Kong or Gringotts or FJ. Just a ton of robotic characters in fanciful brightly lit scenes. If both attractions come to town then they will make Small World look like a haunted house.

Are you referring to all the three projects that we know so-far (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island); or just two of those attractions?

I cannot speak for the coaster attraction as it was late in coming to me.

Understandable, but nethertheless; it's fascinating to hear Mario Kart and Yoshi's Island being attractions in that Small World comment; which fascinates me and scare me in a strange way.

I do wonder about Yoshi's Island, on what ride system they may use for that..

I cannot speak for the coaster attraction as it was late in coming to me.
which one's a coaster?
also how would be the difference between mario kart/fast and furious? there both very similar, and not sure what mario krt would be like. Just hope it's an interactive racing thing where you can use items/powerups! :)

There are no screens on these projects at all. At least, no screens like Spidy or Kong or Gringotts or FJ. Just a ton of robotic characters in fanciful brightly lit scenes. If both attractions come to town then they will make Small World look like a haunted house.
If I had to guess I would say that this could be a request from Nintendo. This land will be nothing short of amazing for a park like USF.

Reactions: Mad Dog