Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd support Yoshi's Island replacing E.T. if T2 or Shrek 4D are replaced with the oft-mentioned Great Universal Movie Ride idea. Give E.T., BTTF and Jaws an elaborate show scene each (sorta like GMR meets Studio Tour in USH) and that should satisfy most fans while giving Mario/DK/Yoshi the space they need.

Plus, it would be a great chance to finally have multiple dark rides without height requirements (Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island since I don't think it would use E.T's ride system, Great Universal Movie Ride).
Maybe they could leave ET open to keep up capacity for a bit and then close it and have Yoshi Island open as a phase 2 of the project?

Once again, we are talking about the company that took two years in construction for a themed land with an E-Ticket and a D-Ticket.

If I was in their shoes; Kidzone could start demolition by the time that Fallon closes but keeping ET (if it stays) and Animal Actors till Labor Day of 2017. That way, gives them time to start demolition on Nintendo without removing two attractions that do get the attention.

I would keep Animal Actors and ET (assuming it is going) open until F&F opens. Fallon is not enough capacity for 2 rides, 2 shows, and 2 play areas to be taken down.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would keep Animal Actors and ET (assuming it is going) open until F&F opens. Fallon is not enough capacity for 2 rides, 2 shows, and 2 play areas to be taken down.
We don't know the decision on ET yet. But, yes, it would be wise to keep it open as you suggest, if they change course & add Yoshi to the expansion.

Reactions: Mike S
We don't know the decision on ET yet.

Agreed, which is why I said assuming it is going. If it isn't then obviously it would stay open. I still say they need Animal Actors too until F&F open. That area closing causes so many issues, especially with the under 40" crowd.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Agreed, which is why I said assuming it is going. If it isn't then obviously it would stay open. I still say they need Animal Actors too until F&F open. That area closing causes so many issues, especially with the under 40" crowd.

Could they move AA to the FF stadium? I have never seen that show so not sure what it would entail.

Animal Actor is a pretty decent show. I don't think it would work in FF stadium because it really needs a smaller venue. animals are small and all. But people do go. I went the first time with my daughter and she loved it, I thought it was decent, and it drew a pretty good crowd.

wanted to add I went off season where rides like gringotts was practically a walk on.

Reactions: Teebin
Thanks Izzy, that is what I was looking for. I never knew it was such a small audience in there.

BTW, FF continues to this day??? I never saw that either as the IP made me want to puke.

The problem with moving to FF would be they would completely have to move the animals and create a new set of kennels, etched. Everything necessary for the animals to live lol

What does "pre-vis" mean?

Pre-Visualisation. Before most (if not all these days) rides get built they are entirely mapped out and modelled in 3D in a computer to give many different points of view. Basically a computer mock of the ride so you could see from a riders POV what it will be like.. I remember when the mummy's pre-vis leaked online! Doubtful that would happen again in this day and age!

Now let me toss you all a curve ball... in one pre-vis, you could see Hogwarts in the distance.

That considered, you really have to think about that one! ;)

Can only assume some use of Augmented Reality is in use? No "Screens" but a headset? Or some kind of elevated out door ride segment..

Other than that i'm out of ideas :)