Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once again, we are talking about the company that took two years in construction for a themed land with an E-Ticket and a D-Ticket.

If I was in their shoes; Kidzone could start demolition by the time that Fallon closes but keeping ET (if it stays) and Animal Actors till Labor Day of 2017. That way, gives them time to start demolition on Nintendo without removing two attractions that do get the attention.

I would keep Animal Actors and ET (assuming it is going) open until F&F opens. Fallon is not enough capacity for 2 rides, 2 shows, and 2 play areas to be taken down.

We don't know the decision on ET yet. But, yes, it would be wise to keep it open as you suggest, if they change course & add Yoshi to the expansion.

Agreed, which is why I said assuming it is going. If it isn't then obviously it would stay open. I still say they need Animal Actors too until F&F open. That area closing causes so many issues, especially with the under 40" crowd.

I haven't seen Volcano Bay thrown into the mix as a potential crowd eater. I have a feeling that once the water park is on-site and considered the third "theme park", a decent portion of the crowds will be there during the day so by June 1st, there will be tons of people heading over there.

I haven't seen Volcano Bay thrown into the mix as a potential crowd eater. I have a feeling that once the water park is on-site and considered the third "theme park", a decent portion of the crowds will be there during the day so by June 1st, there will be tons of people heading over there.
It will be interesting to see how Volcano Bay affects guest patterns.

It will be interesting to see how Volcano Bay affects guest patterns.
Yes. Perhap's some will forgo early day & afternoon in the parks & go to VB instead. And perhaps those people will spend more evening time in the parks. Now, that would be a good thing, because that could force Universal to keep IOA open later...Pure speculation on my part, though.....One thing for sure is it will probably get many tourists to increase their vacation stay at Universal.

Yes. Perhap's some will forgo early day & afternoon in the parks & go to VB instead. And perhaps those people will spend more evening time in the parks. Now, that would be a good thing, because that could force Universal to keep IOA open later...Pure speculation on my part, though.....One thing for sure is it will probably get many tourists to increase their vacation stay at Universal.
Both Kong and Hulk were designed with evenings in mind. I think Universal is working towards keeping IOA open later.

I can't say for sure. It's been a while since I went over the rumored concept with my friends. I only recall one scene with a significant AA presence. I think it'll be much more of a coaster than a dark ride.

I am fine with a coaster as long as the height restriction is 40" or below that. Anything higher than 40 will disappoint me. They need a good family coaster like big thunder mountain. I have felt it is a huge missing piece at Uni parks. The have kiddie coasters and big boy steel, but nothing in between. Nothing that excites that 4, 5, 6, or even 7 year old.

I am fine with a coaster as long as the height restriction is 40" or below that. Anything higher than 40 will disappoint me. They need a good family coaster like big thunder mountain. I have felt it is a huge missing piece at Uni parks. The have kiddie coasters and big boy steel, but nothing in between. Nothing that excites that 4, 5, 6, or even 7 year old.
I don't think you have to worry about a DK Mine coaster being much higher than SDMT. Mine Train is 38" and SM and BTM are both 40".

I'd expect 40" from DK.

I don't think you have to worry about a DK Mine coaster being much higher than SDMT. Mine Train is 38" and SM and BTM are both 40".

I'd expect 40" from DK.

SM? Do you mean Space mountain? Because that and Everest are 44". Only BTM is 40" and Mine Train is 38" as you stated. I would be fine with 40". I just want something that everyone will enjoy like BTM is enjoyed by such a large age range.

SM? Do you mean Space mountain? Because that and Everest are 44". Only BTM is 40" and Mine Train is 38" as you stated. I would be fine with 40". I just want something that everyone will enjoy like BTM is enjoyed by such a large age range.
Space is 44"? That's pretty surprising given I actually think BTM is the more thrilling coaster. Of course the thrill factor isn't the main factor in determining height restrictions. Safety could come into play I guess, but I don't really see how with Space.

I'd expect 40" from DK.

Height restrictions are based on restraints not intensity. If they have a restraint that can keep those 38" secure then it will be used but SDMT restraints are the worst and so uncomfortable.

Reactions: anihilnation
Space is 44"? That's pretty surprising given I actually think BTM is the more thrilling coaster. Of course the thrill factor isn't the main factor in determining height restrictions. Safety could come into play I guess, but I don't really see how with Space.

Yep, trust me I know height restrictions. it is a big deal when my daughter reaches certain height milestones.

Reactions: anihilnation
Universal needs a drop track attraction! I don't think the drop track could happen quicky though, especially with Universal's strict safety measures in place (no complaining)...I could see something more in line with Cobra's Curse's lift hill...just multiple ones...This could be a very fun D-Ticket coaster with animatronics and such

Universal needs a drop track attraction! I don't think the drop track could happen quicky though, especially with Universal's strict safety measures in place (no complaining)...I could see something more in line with Cobra's Curse's lift hill...just multiple ones...This could be a very fun D-Ticket coaster with animatronics and such

If Busch Garden can, Universal can.