Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But Yoshi's Island is still iffy for Orlando. It wasn't in the initial Orlando plans. That's the Japan park E ticket attraction that UC was pushing for, but hadn't been approved for Orlando by Universal/Comcast. That would require ET to leave since that's where it would go. Correct me if I'm wrong, Teebin.

This is correct, and please keep pounding it home whenever it is brought up. I don't expect to be updated on this prospect. So we must sit on our hands.

This is correct, and please keep pounding it home whenever it is brought up. I don't expect to be updated on this prospect. So we must sit on our hands.
Thank you......So, bottom line. We do not know if UC was able to convince the powers to be to bring a second E ticket attraction to the Orlando Nintendo land, replacing KidZone, (Japan is getting two E tickets, Mario & Yoshi) in addition to the D ticket attraction (probably Donkey Kong). So, if Yoshi gets approved, ET likely goes. If Yoshi doesn't get approved, ET probably stays. At this point in time, Orlando is getting 1 E ticket, 1 D ticket, and perhaps 1 or 2 small rides. (The status of Yoshi, the possible second E ticket, is unknown)......Note: (Teebin first discovered this Yoshi info back in the spring, and that's why we had the big ET debate and discussion at that time, but he was being more cryptic about it at that time)

Last edited:
Does Spielberg have any say or input when attractions based on his films are being considered for the chopping block? Does he care about the parks anymore or is he just collecting a paycheck?

Reactions: tankart150
Thank you......So, bottom line. We do not know if UC was able to convince the powers to be to bring a second E ticket attraction to the Orlando Nintendo land, replacing KidZone, (Japan is getting two E tickets, Mario & Yoshi) in addition to the D ticket attraction (probably Donkey Kong). So, if Yoshi gets approved, ET likely goes. If Yoshi doesn't get approved, ET probably stays. At this point in time, Orlando is getting 1 E ticket, 1 D ticket, and perhaps 1 or 2 small rides. (The status of Yoshi, the possible second E ticket, is unknown)
How would a Donkey Kong Mine Cart roller coaster not be an E? I hope it's not like SDMT...

Reactions: martymcflyy85
How would a Donkey Kong Mine Cart roller coaster not be an E? I hope it's not like SDMT...

SDMT would be awesome if they had done it how it was originally planned. longer and more indoor scenes. I imagine DK would not get budget cuts like SDMT. I very much expect a good family coaster which Uni badly needs as they don't have any right now.

Both SWL rides are E's. One is just better than the other one.
Generally, I've seen them referred to as a D ticket and an E ticket. I guess we're reading some different sources. ....D & E is kind of subjective anyway. Maybe the best way to say it is the way you just did, "One is just better than the other one" :)The actual difference is probably budgetary. And, as we know, Universal builds more economically than Disney.

D- Ticket E Ticket doesn't matter we are getting two rides with few screens

kQz22-.gif

If I had to guess I would say that this could be a request from Nintendo. This land will be nothing short of amazing for a park like USF.
Honestly it just makes sense. Anyone with a Nintendo Console can turn it on and see Mario, Donkey Kong or Yoshi on a screen. Experiencing these characters in physical form will be unique to Uni P&R

Is there any word on when the project will start? I am assuming it will begin right after Fallon opens. I can even see UC rushing Fallon a bit to give themselves a little more construction time to hit hit the 2020 mark.

Once again, we are talking about the company that took two years in construction for a themed land with an E-Ticket and a D-Ticket.

If I was in their shoes; Kidzone could start demolition by the time that Fallon closes but keeping ET (if it stays) and Animal Actors till Labor Day of 2017. That way, gives them time to start demolition on Nintendo without removing two attractions that do get the attention.

But Yoshi's Island is still iffy for Orlando. It wasn't in the initial Orlando plans. That's the Japan park E ticket attraction that UC was pushing for, but hadn't been approved for Orlando by Universal/Comcast. That would require ET to leave since that's where it would go. Correct me if I'm wrong, Teebin.
I'd support Yoshi's Island replacing E.T. if T2 or Shrek 4D are replaced with the oft-mentioned Great Universal Movie Ride idea. Give E.T., BTTF and Jaws an elaborate show scene each (sorta like GMR meets Studio Tour in USH) and that should satisfy most fans while giving Mario/DK/Yoshi the space they need.

Plus, it would be a great chance to finally have multiple dark rides without height requirements (Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island since I don't think it would use E.T's ride system, Great Universal Movie Ride).

Once again, we are talking about the company that took two years in construction for a themed land with an E-Ticket and a D-Ticket.

If I was in their shoes; Kidzone could start demolition by the time that Fallon closes but keeping ET (if it stays) and Animal Actors till Labor Day of 2017. That way, gives them time to start demolition on Nintendo without removing two attractions that do get the attention.
Yeah, there would be some serious capacity issues in Universal Studio's if they closed all of Kidzone, including ET, at once. Actually, even adding Fallon is not enough to pick up the slack. The delay on F&F has really complicated the capacity issue. The need for ET's capacity may be a major reason why upper management wasn't initially convinced by UC to add Yoshi. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender

Two and a half years. I've done the math before.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender