Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 153 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not. It is actually half+ of Kong time.
Holy crap. You know that much about this land? Jealous

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
No screenZZZ but what about mapping ? :whistle:

Teebin if I recalled, mentioned for Mariokart that they are going to possibly include screens onto the ground..perhap's something like this onto it should be how it will be implemented.

Although a question about something to @Teebin; you mentioned that it will be a busbar for Mario Kart, yes? If that's the case, could we expect something similar in its use of motions, much like Indiana Jones from Disneyland, or am I wrong about that?

Holy crap. You know that much about this land? Jealous

Fortunately and unfortunately, yes.

Although a question about something to @Teebin; you mentioned that it will be a busbar for Mario Kart, yes?

Yes

If that's the case, could we expect something similar in its use of motions, much like Indiana Jones from Disneyland, or am I wrong about that?

Not that I can tell... both are small capacity per vehicle.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not. It is actually half+ of Kong time.
I love hearing all this. Walking into this land will be like a dream come true. If I hear the opening title theme of Super Mario World (my first video game) playing in the background as well, I might actually cry :love:

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not and the many many different scenes. It is actually half+ of Kong time.
Btw, which ride are you mostly describing here?

One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not and the many many different scenes. It is actually half+ of Kong time.

So Universal's version of its a small world with Nintendo characters....that actually sounds epic

Reactions: Mike S
So Universal's version of its a small world with Nintendo characters....that actually sounds epic

I mentioned a few pages back of Sinbad from TDS.. If it has a flowing narrative, then that I think is best to compare (but that's just me).

Nethertheless, if that one particular attraction is a boat ride..it could actually pose solving ANOTHER issue that UOR has had.

Reactions: Mike S
I mentioned a few pages back of Sinbad from TDS.. If it has a flowing narrative, then that I think is best to compare (but that's just me).

Nethertheless, if that one particular attraction is a boat ride..it could actually pose solving ANOTHER issue that UOR has had.
Boat ride? All we've heard is coaster, bussbar dark ride, and Omnimover.

Boat ride? All we've heard is coaster, bussbar dark ride, and Omnimover.

I would imagine that it's not impossible that they could do a Boat ride, if they redo the entire ET Building from the inside and out.

Espescially considering Madagascar from USS, it's not impossible.

AKA, Madasgcar from USS was 1.24 acres; compared to ET's 1.33 Acres.

No boat rides that I know of...

Well, it was a assumption on my part; as it would of made some sense with that "Small World" comment.

Although that does make me wonder, if YI does come and takes over ET; would they remove the building altogether, or find a way to repurpose it for Yoshi? That; could be an interesting question.

Teebin said it was shorter than Kong and boat rides tend to be at least 8 minutes minimum