Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I also edited my statement to include that it seems long because there are soooooo many scenes. Almost maze like with "potentially" amazing effects. Will it work? No idea, but it looks really good. And I don't know or love the IP. But I do know what is good for a growing theme park. ;)

I'm curious, would you compare it to any other attraction that isn't just Universal?

Does USJ's version have more land to work with? I guess it depends on whether ET stays or goes right?

Originally the rumors pointed to a cluster of soundstages nearby the parks entrance..but thanks to @quinnmac000, it seems that it may finally take their Amity.

And keeping in mind, it doesn't replace their Waterworld and budding up to it, it gives them about nine acres.

Reactions: Mike S
At this point, I'm most curious to see if they are going to incorporate an actual competitive racing aspect to the Mario Kart ride, or if it will be a more traditionally passive dark ride?

I'd imagine that trackless vehicles would allow for a lot of interactivity, such as cars spinning 'out of control' when they run over a banana or get hit by a turtle shell.

:saw:

How Nintendo went from Yoshi's Island to Yoshi's Story I'll never know...

But to contribute something, I wonder how sets and AAs based on the original Yoshi's Island art style would look.
gfs_47172_2_50.jpg

At least for gaming, the aesthetic holds up very well with its unique crayon-influenced design. It's not very threatening, which could work pretty well for a low intensity all-ages attraction.

But to contribute something, I wonder how sets and AAs based on the original Yoshi's Island art style would look.
gfs_47172_2_50.jpg

At least for gaming, the aesthetic holds up very well with its unique crayon-influenced design. It's not very threatening, which could work pretty well for a low intensity all-ages attraction.
Yoshi's Island would be an excellent choice for a slow-moving boat ride like It's a Small World (bright colors and kid-friendly characters would make it a huge hit with young children).

It gives USF something it needs and differentiates itself from Mario Kart (trackless dark ride) and Donkey Kong (family coaster). I wouldn't want Yoshi to take E.T.'s spot only to use a similar ride system as Mario Kart and/or Pets.

Both are going to be spectacular and amazing, but I'm more excited for Nintendo (which is saying something as Star Wars is very close at second tied with Volcano Bay).

I wish I had the capability of getting excited for anything at Disney anymore. I think at this point I'm more excited for Miss Fortune Falls than I am for Star Wars Land, with how much of a fustercluck this DHS revamp is turning out to be.

gfs_47172_2_50.jpg

I hope if nothing else, the Yoshi ride gives us the opportunity to Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy.

Reactions: Mike S
I wish I had the capability of getting excited for anything at Disney anymore. I think at this point I'm more excited for Miss Fortune Falls than I am for Star Wars Land, with how much of a fustercluck this DHS revamp is turning out to be.
The DHS re-do may be a lot less than originally hoped for, but still doesn't mean SWL won't be great. 2 E-tickets and a immersive land isn't too shabby.

A few thoughts:

1. I can't for the life of me figure out which color would be the prominent one. My mind immediately went to green, but that's a secondary color. Red?

2. All of this insider info is amazing, but it makes me curious as to why now? Is a formal announcement forthcoming? Maybe at this stage so many people have seen artwork that the sources identies have been diluted?

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Yoshi's Island would be an excellent choice for a slow-moving boat ride like It's a Small World (bright colors and kid-friendly characters would make it a huge hit with young children).

It gives USF something it needs and differentiates itself from Mario Kart (trackless dark ride) and Donkey Kong (family coaster). I wouldn't want Yoshi to take E.T.'s spot only to use a similar ride system as Mario Kart and/or Pets.
Keep in mind that Yoshi may not end up coming to Universal Studios Orlando Nintendo expansion in Kidzone. It's still in the iffy stage. ....At this point in time it's a Universal Japan attraction.

2. All of this insider info is amazing, but it makes me curious as to why now? Is a formal announcement forthcoming? Maybe at this stage so many people have seen artwork that the sources identies have been diluted?

It's the same reason there were so many leaks with Potter. When you bring in an outside company, you increase the people that are in the know, therefor increasing the potential for leaks.

With that being said, I do think we will have an announcement for Japan, at the least, by the end of the year.

Keep in mind that Yoshi may not end up coming to Universal Studios Orlando Nintendo expansion in Kidzone. It's still in the iffy stage. ....At this point in time it's a Universal Japan attraction.

I don't think it's very iffy at all, personally. I'll be very surprised if it does not show up.

It's the same reason there were so many leaks with Potter. When you bring in an outside company, you increase the people that are in the know, therefor increasing the potential for leaks.

With that being said, I do think we will have an announcement for Japan, at the least, by the end of the year.

I don't think it's very iffy at all, personally. I'll be very surprised if it does not show up.
Nintendo isn't known to have things leak that much though.

When it comes to the announcement we are very close to that point where Spirit said Universal would announce things resort wide this year, that point being after Hulk reopens.

I really hope Yoshi does come. I also hope that with the rumors of Disney getting rid of GMR once that contract with TCM is up Uni sees their chance to make their own and better so they can have a permanent home for IP like the Classic Monsters, Jaws, E.T., BTTF, etc. in USF. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone by bringing up this idea a lot. I just really want it to happen.

I mean, we've known what the NX was, more or less, for a year+ now. And last week's leak was on the money. Point is, the more people that know, the more potential there are for leaks.

I really hope Yoshi does come.

Universal isn't in the business of not cloning rides. ET is old, and most likely is expensive for upkeep considering it's the last of its kind. Plus Yoshi will take more butts out of the streets and put them in seats than ET ever will. I don't see how it doesn't come.

When it comes to the announcement we are very close to that point where Spirit said Universal would announce things resort wide this year, that point being after Hulk reopens.

I really hope Yoshi does come. I also hope that with the rumors of Disney getting rid of GMR once that contract with TCM is up Uni sees their chance to make their own and better so they can have a permanent home for IP like the Classic Monsters, Jaws, E.T., BTTF, etc. in USF. Sorry if I'm annoying anyone by bringing up this idea a lot. I just really want it to happen.
Oh yeah. Love the idea of a Universal GMR, especially if GMR closes. Slow moving, relaxing, air conditioned indoor, entertaining, family oriented, nostalgic attraction.