Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 155 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love how most of the projects probably coming after F&F/Fallon seem to not be screen-based at all. Even if those two rides are definately going to tip off the balance even with multiple set rides coming, we have Nintendo, Pets... I'm hoping if we get anything at MSHI or replacing DC that they're set-based as well.

Reactions: Mike S
Universal isn't in the business of not cloning rides. ET is old, and most likely is expensive for upkeep considering it's the last of its kind. Plus Yoshi will take more butts out of the streets and put them in seats than ET ever will. I don't see how it doesn't come.

But Spielberg won't allow them to remove ET!!.. :tongue:

But Spielberg won't allow them to remove ET!!.. :tongue:

As I get the post is..sarcastic, i'll say something.

I have to imagine when the contract was renewed for Him and Universal's Parks and Resorts altogether, they showed him what they had in mind for ET; and convinced him that Nintendo would bring much more people to a park that he did help design.

I also would think, that they would bring him personally on-board for the Third Park; much like what happened with the Universal Backlot restoration a few years back. But, that's just me guessing; as for right now..I guess we'll see.

I mean, we've known what the NX was, more or less, for a year+ now. And last week's leak was on the money. Point is, the more people that know, the more potential there are for leaks.
I'm guessing the NX leaks, and really all console leaks, come from third parties. Like you said, the more people who know. When it comes to their own games though it's very rare that something comes out. If ever.
Universal isn't in the business of not cloning rides. ET is old, and most likely is expensive for upkeep considering it's the last of its kind. Plus Yoshi will take more butts out of the streets and put them in seats than ET ever will. I don't see how it doesn't come.
I sure hope you're right :)

But hasn't it been said that DK might not go to Japan?

Why now? I have been sitting on this info for nearly a year, some less, but we had Kong & Hulk to deal with. Now that these have resolved I have hopped back in on Nintendo to keep the conversation going and helping people to wonder down the right track.

and we can't thank you enough! :hail:

I'm guessing the NX leaks, and really all console leaks, come from third parties. Like you said, the more people who know. When it comes to their own games though it's very rare that something comes out. If ever.

Hard to say how much there is to NX rumors, though they do make sense in a way, so I could see them being true. If its, I just hope it will be the new X2 Tegra.
As for leaks, I think that is the reason why Nintendo has been slow in giving out dev kits except for to major studios, the more third parties involved, the more chance for rumors.

Trying to understand all the new info. What we should definitely get is Mario Kart and Donkey Kong, and perhaps Yoshi to replace ET? Mario Kart was originally rumored to trackless, but will instead be busbar. If this is correct, why is this? Is it just because they don't want problem with the ride a la Kong? Or was the trackless rumor incorrect? Also what type of ride is Mario Kart, a dark ride with semi thrilling effects that can be enjoyed by the whole family? Whereas Yoshi would be more of a traditional slow dark ride?

Is Nintendo more protective of their IP's than JK of Harry Potter?? Open question here as I do not know but I feel like Nintendo probably is.
Heard they are, especially because they tried to be open in the past with licensing their IP out, and it failed, so from what I heard ever since that failed Mario movie, they have become very protective. As of late though, they seem to be more open minded, but probably with the caveat that they want a lot of control.

Heard they are, especially because they tried to be open in the past with licensing their IP out, and it failed, so from what I heard ever since that failed Mario movie, they have become very protective. As of late though, they seem to be more open minded, but probably with the caveat that they want a lot of control.

Take for instance, Nintendo wanting to return to make Motion Pictures..but the caveat, they may be making those Movies themselves so they control all aspects of the quality.

But hasn't it been said that DK might not go to Japan?

I don't know, but the scale and scope of DK and Yoshi are not on the same level. Yoshi is an E-Ticket, I'd call DK a D.

Is Nintendo more protective of their IP's than JK of Harry Potter?? Open question here as I do not know but I feel like Nintendo probably is.
They're at the very least on equal footing.

They should just do what everyone else is finally realising is best and let the Nintendo characters join the Marvel Movie Universe :lol:

Reactions: anihilnation