Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 157 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo made an appearance at the closing ceremony of the Olympics tonight.

jlephm0drim3otdfrf6l.gif

Talk about a way to introduce your next country to be featured at the next Olympics as the official Country..

..nethertheless, now it is time for Japan to march forward to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic, and better yet; the new theme park additions coming along the way for TDS and USJ for 2020!!

Now March on Japan, go forward and make it as weird as ever!!

Reactions: Mike S
Another attraction... it was long term so they had to design around the parade building. I believe it may be something not on anyone's scope. But in this case, I do not have a clue what it might be.

Interesting that the MIB expansion plot is possibly being for play of something else. Would it be for another Nintendo IP or a brand new IP, not currently seen in the parks?

Nevertheless, I would wonder if they could have an entrance to Nintendo next to whatever takes a portion of the plot, as it would make sense (Maybe resurrect the World Expo theme with some form of Space Fantasy attraction)?

Start looking for clues. :) This could be really interesting.

Nah, this info has been known to me for two years so I doubt I will know anything further.

But it just hit me tonight that additional info I learned at the time may have resulted in ET. I knew two years ago that a VP or producer (titles???:saywhat:) wanted more land for Nintendo... I had no idea what for, but perhaps it was this Yoshi gig that I learned about within the past year.

Nah, this info has been known to me for two years so I doubt I will know anything further.

But it just hit me tonight that additional info I learned at the time may have resulted in ET. I knew two years ago that a VP or producer (titles???:saywhat:) wanted more land for Nintendo... I had no idea what for, but perhaps it was this Yoshi gig that I learned about within the past year.
Wait, so E.T. could stay with Yoshi going partially on that empty plot?

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.
yes. Yes it is! Specially in 2k16 for some odd reason.. but i love it!

Is Nintendo more protective of their IP's than JK of Harry Potter?? Open question here as I do not know but I feel like Nintendo probably is.
The simple answer.. yes. They rather sacrifice their company (go bankrupt) than to expand their horizons........... until now that is

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

When you're the very top head honcho Insider for Universal, there's no such word as "doubt". Get those snoop dogs out there working. :lol:.....This makes so much sense for Nintendo. I've said quite a few times that they should use that space to add size to Nintendo. It's too valuable to just use for a 6 week HHN tent every year.Plenty of other spaces to move a house to. ........Super Mario is getting a lot of play with the post Olympic mentions on TV today. It's a stroke of marketing genius. By the time the 2020 Olympics and the Nintendo Land openings in Japan & USA, Nintendo Land just may be closer to being on par with Star Wars Land on a marketing basis.

When you're the very top head honcho Insider for Universal, there's no such word as "doubt". Get those snoop dogs out there working. :lol:.....This makes so much sense for Nintendo. I've said quite a few times that they should use that space to add size to Nintendo. It's too valuable to just use for a 6 week HHN tent every year.Plenty of other spaces to move a house to. ........Super Mario is getting a lot of play with the post Olympic mentions on TV today. It's a stroke of marketing genius. By the time the 2020 Olympics and the Nintendo Land openings in Japan & USA, Nintendo Land just may be closer to being on par with Star Wars Land on a marketing basis.
Is it any coincidence that NBC was the one broadcasting the Olympics this year? ;)

Not to sound sinister but it may have something to do with what felt like an excessive amount of celebrity deaths this year?
Could be.. or just time i mean we've had so many product resurrections and nods and recreations of the late 80's and early 90's that it is mesmerizing to see... i personally love it

Reactions: Joel
So, if Yoshi is taking the ET plot, what could possibly be going next to MIB?

My gut tells me it's a new IP. My hope is that it's a new Simpsons Ride. Simpsons deserves so much better than a simulator. You could build a great family dark ride (with a edge, of course).