Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
yes. Yes it is! Specially in 2k16 for some odd reason.. but i love it!

The simple answer.. yes. They rather sacrifice their company (go bankrupt) than to expand their horizons........... until now that is
Nintendo is very smart, and indeed they are willing to make sacrifices, but they always find a way, they have huge cash reserves too I heard, that must help as well lol.

Nintendo Co Ltd, 7974:TYO financials - FT.com

Nintendo does have about $9B USD in cash. And, if I'm reading this right, they've lost $234M USD so far in 2016. That's a ton of money they can burn through. Ultimately, I'd be more worried about investors panicking / trying something rash than the company going out of business.

Right now, I think they're trying to avoid becoming Sega. Hardware has small upside / a lot of downside (if your stuff doesn't sell). Sega learned this the hard way and was forced out of the hardware business. Without hardware, they didn't have a consistent buffer and they started to live / die on every big game launch. A couple misfires later, and now Sega is not doing too well, and making some poor licensing decisions to make quick cash. Sonic is an incredibly iconic character and hasn't been licensed out well at all.

Nintendo does have about $9B USD in cash. And, if I'm reading this right, they've lost $234M USD so far in 2016. That's a ton of money they can burn through. Ultimately, I'd be more worried about investors panicking / trying something rash than the company going out of business.

Right now, I think they're trying to avoid becoming Sega. Hardware has small upside / a lot of downside (if your stuff doesn't sell). Sega learned this the hard way and was forced out of the hardware business. Without hardware, they didn't have a consistent buffer and they started to live / die on every big game launch. A couple misfires later, and now Sega is not doing too well, and making some poor licensing decisions to make quick cash. Sonic is an incredibly iconic character and hasn't been licensed out well at all.

The difference between Sega and Nintendo is simple: SEGA never made good games. Sonic has never had more than an okay game to his name, and he's about the only character from SEGA anyone cares about. Nintendo constantly pumps out quality games, games that would sell millions more on any console Nintendo put them on.

I hope it happens. It'd be so worth it.

So I'm trying to understand, what makes the Yoshi ride so great? From what I'm reading from the insiders it seems like a colorful dark ride, right? But so is Cat in the Hat, and its not that great in my opinion. So I guess I"m looking for that "more" thing that the insiders know that has them so excited?

Reactions: belloq87 and Mike S
The difference between Sega and Nintendo is simple: SEGA never made good games. Sonic has never had more than an okay game to his name, and he's about the only character from SEGA anyone cares about. Nintendo constantly pumps out quality games, games that would sell millions more on any console Nintendo put them on.

Sega also, agreeably, had only one successful system. That's a huge difference too.

Sega also, agreeably, had only one successful system. That's a huge difference too.
For Nintendo the Wii U was actually their first "failed" system. Everything else, even the GameCube, turned a profit. I think I saw a crazy statistic one time that with the GBA and GC Nintendo was actually more profitable than Sony was with the PS2 even though it sold more than both of the combined due to the fact that it was sold at a loss with the sale of games along with each system being relied on for profit.

Tokyo is the best place in years for the Olympics. I fully expect it to be one of the greatest games ever. I am most definitely going to go. I think Nintendo is transitioning from being mostly a video game maker to a multi faceted brand.

Reactions: Mike S
Nintendo is very smart, and indeed they are willing to make sacrifices, but they always find a way, they have huge cash reserves too I heard, that must help as well lol.
Smart.. yes .. VERY my opinion is thats a bit too much but hey they are a long running company so smart they definitely are

Investor panic is their biggest issue.. investors want "Fresh" and "New" Nintendo has failed time and time again to provide that. While yes they may have a nice cushion in cash reserves i don't believe that was the story around 2014.. even now they continue to post pretty significant losses. However, I'll stop being negative Nancy and will say that i think those days are past them and from here they will go up.. The new Nintendo system has a legit chance to be greatness this deal with universal will only help them TONS their stores get nothing but positive rave they want a movie (rumor?) the announced the Olympics using Mario.. and like you guys said they've only failed at one system and very few games. However, competition is stiff. Mobile gaming is HUGE and has taken time away from your everyday living room console experience they remain set on not bringing properties to mobile gaming (now that is changing).. lets see these are going to be great times for Nintendo.. as i said yesterday (perhaps in another thread) nostalgia has been on the rise in 2016 and Nintendo has been smart enough to know this and they are striking and striking big on that opportunity.

So I'm trying to understand, what makes the Yoshi ride so great?

Anything that ET does well, Yoshi does better.

investors want "Fresh" and "New" Nintendo has failed time and time again to provide that.

Oof, this is just patently false. The Wii U was a disaster and the 3DS garnered only middling results for a Nintendo handheld, but the Wii and the DS were smash hit phenoms and both offered fresh and new takes on gaming.

For Nintendo the Wii U was actually their first "failed" system. Everything else, even the GameCube, turned a profit. I think I saw a crazy statistic one time that with the GBA and GC Nintendo was actually more profitable than Sony was with the PS2 even though it sold more than both of the combined due to the fact that it was sold at a loss with the sale of games along with each system being relied on for profit.
WiiU is really a great system, sad how it failed really, though from about everything I read the reason is twofold, a very bad marketing campaign and a system that was incredibly hard to program for. People often talk about its lower specs, this is also true, though the WiiU is quite capable of great stuff, just seems like it is a programming nightmare. Gamepad was a cool idea, I liked it but not always practical because you cannot concentrate on two things, was handy for switching weapons though in Splinter Cell.

Eh. I think it was a really bad system that Nintendo made some really great games for.
It defintely seems Nintendo were the only ones who could make great games for it, with the exception of Bayonetta, and perhaps Xenoblade, but I have not played that one. I was looking forward to Devil's Third, glad I never got it, because heard it was awful. ZombiU was nice, but could have been so much more. I think they also did bad in having almost no apps besides netflix, hulu and amazon. PS and XB are much smarter here, I hope with NX they will change this, personally I don't really need it, because I have an HTPC, but most people don't, so I guess most people want a console that is "smart connected".

I think if they had named it the "super wii" it would have sold better. The name itself confused a lot of casual fans and grandmas who buy systems for their kids. And yes, I think the wii-u has some of the greatest games ever made by Nintendo on it, but nobody seems to know it because nobody bought the system.

I think if they had named it the "super wii" it would have sold better. The name itself confused a lot of casual fans and grandmas who buy systems for their kids. And yes, I think the wii-u has some of the greatest games ever made by Nintendo on it, but nobody seems to know it because nobody bought the system.
I bought it day 1. Looking back now that was a mistake.

Not sure where to mention this, but Inside the Magic are running an article about an interesting permit filed for interactivity on rides whereby decisions made by the rider through pointing an object can change the outcome of the ride. They suggest it's for Potter...perhaps Nintendo?

Not sure where to mention this, but Inside the Magic are running an article about an interesting permit filed for interactivity on rides whereby decisions made by the rider through pointing an object can change the outcome of the ride. They suggest it's for Potter...perhaps Nintendo?

@Teebin has already mentioned this permit isn't related to anything he's heard about Nintendo. For now, it looks like it could be one of those patents they just sit on and don't use