Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Errrr... That article got a LOT wrong. The "Lord of the Rings" theme park to open in Spain is going to be exactly that... A "themed" park. Themed to the Shire... With no rides. It also has no ties to the movies and has no involvement in the part by Peter Jackson... As a mater of fact, the last article I can find before dated before that one said that the park may be hit with legal action by Warner Brothers over trademark issues... So yeah.

As far as actual LOTR theme park news goes, the actual theme park rights are still caught up in the legal dispute between The Tolkien Estate and Middle Earth Enterprises/Warner Brothers.

Anyways, back to Nintendo LOL
I did mention it was a small park. It did get the rights from the estate. The legal dispute is about money. Every side has signed off on projects over time. Enough money and negotiating could make it work. Nuff said.

Reactions: Mike S
I did mention it was a small park. It did get the rights from the estate. The legal dispute is about money. Every side has signed off on projects over time. Enough money and negotiating could make it work. Nuff said.

That's the thing though... Those rights are caught up in a law suit and not the estates to give at the moment. Hense Warner Brothers looking at legal options. That article explicitly states Peter Jacksons involvement, which also is anything but true.

Reactions: Mike S
Something I just thought. Maybe @Teebin knows since it's his area of passion. How do we think plant life will be handled in this area? If it's completely immersive, will it be fake/real, will there be none like Diagon?

There are real trees in Springfield right?

Outdoors I would expect live plants. Indoors, you will see a plant from the Mario series.

Outdoors I would expect live plants. Indoors, you will see a plant from the Mario series.
Road hazards I'm guessing? ;)
200px-MarioCircuit-PiranhaPlant-MKDD.png

The article is very positive about the working relationship Nintendo has with Universal. It specifically mentions that people carry smartphones and they want it integrated in the Universal Nintendo area. Nothing specific about smartphone use in the area though.

The article has a link to the initial interview. It talks about all aspects of Nintendo if you're interested.

I just realized that the original source of the tweet did not show up. This was originally retweeted by Orlando United.

Last edited:

The article is very positive about the working relationship Nintendo has with Universal. It specifically mentions that people carry smartphones and they want it integrated in the Universal Nintendo area. Nothing specific about smartphone use in the area though.

The article has a link to the initial interview. It talks about all aspects of Nintendo if you're interested.

Lol, Reggie said "magical" :lol:

Other than that, HYPE!!!:peace:

I think with Comcast getting into Esports we will not only have a huge nintendo store coming up but additionally with Nintendo also getting into Esports a lot more conventions in the area which will boost Universal. Add in Nintendo land which I'm really glad they are having a great time working together, I think this may become even better than anything we have ever seen.

I think with Comcast getting into Esports we will not only have a huge nintendo store coming up but additionally with Nintendo also getting into Esports a lot more conventions in the area which will boost Universal. Add in Nintendo land which I'm really glad they are having a great time working together, I think this may become even better than anything we have ever seen.
I would love if E3-esque conventions were hosted at UOR to go with Nintendo Land. Something similar to the Harry Potter Celebration but with Nintendo would be great.

I agree about this, mainly due to that the E-Sport's industry is a moneymaking machine. Universal would be VERY smart to cash into ESports and having it be with Nintendo as your focal point of it (as I can easily see Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Speedrunning and more as tournament possibilities).

As for Nintendo having a store, it would be a dumb move to not use Nintendo for a major store on Both Coasts.

With the NX and Nintendoland for Universal, there is definitely a lot of suspense.

...Thinking about it, with the rumors that have floated around of USJ getting Nintendoland revealed and with NX revealing possibly in September; they could market it as a Nintendo Direct that goes to how the future of the company can work, with giving incite to it's NX offerings, Theme Park offerings, and the really unknown film offerings that they may be planning. It gives everyone what Nintendo has going forward and packs a big punch, especially if it's days before Tokyo Game Show; allowing them to be giving a much bigger punch in the future of the company than people could expect.

I'm expecting just NX, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get the Theme parks mentioned within the next few months or close to after the NX reveal itself to keep that Nintendo hype train going.

I would love if E3-esque conventions were hosted at UOR to go with Nintendo Land. Something similar to the Harry Potter Celebration but with Nintendo would be great.
I agree about this, mainly due to that the E-Sport's industry is a moneymaking machine. Universal would be VERY smart to cash into ESports and having it be with Nintendo as your focal point of it (as I can easily see Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Speedrunning and more as tournament possibilities).

As for Nintendo having a store, it would be a dumb move to not use Nintendo for a major store on Both Coasts.
Nintendo-World-Championships-2015.jpg

Fun fact: the finals for the first one in 1990 were held at USH ;)

The more I think about it the more I think this partenership was a match made in heaven.
...Thinking about it, with the rumors that have floated around of USJ getting Nintendoland revealed and with NX revealing possibly in September; they could market it as a Nintendo Direct that goes to how the future of the company can work, with giving incite to it's NX offerings, Theme Park offerings, and the really unknown film offerings that they may be planning. It gives everyone what Nintendo has going forward and packs a big punch, especially if it's days before Tokyo Game Show; allowing them to be giving a much bigger punch in the future of the company than people could expect.

I'm expecting just NX, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get the Theme parks mentioned within the next few months or close to after the NX reveal itself to keep that Nintendo hype train going.
I'm hoping for something similar as well.

Last edited:
I expect that towards the end of the NX conference, they'll have some sort of off-hand statement along the lines of "Nintendo is growing in the future; we have films, TV shows, and theme parks coming soon, so stay tuned!" If we're lucky, maybe they'll casually show some concept art as they say this.

I expect the biggest punch will be the interactive aspects of these attractions.