Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 161 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What is universal city studios?
Universal Orlando was originally going to be called Universal City Florida, echoing Universal City in Hollywood, until Seagram's (the previous owner while Universal was being expanded) somehow landed on Universal Studios Escape. You'll still see a lot of reference to Universal City operationally, like there are various business segments of the company called things like Universal City Travel Partners.

Universal Orlando was originally going to be called Universal City Florida, echoing Universal City in Hollywood, until Seagram's (the previous owner while Universal was being expanded) somehow landed on Universal Studios Escape. You'll still see a lot of reference to Universal City operationally, like there are various business segments of the company called things like Universal City Travel Partners.
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Scott W.
So based strictly on the ride ideas, this land is 100% solely Mario bros characters and nothing else.

So I would guess characters in the attractions and for the flat ride would be:
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Baby Luma
Birdo
Donkey Kong
Pauline
Princess Daisy
Professor E Gadd
Rosalina
Toadette
Toadsworth
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Boom Boom
Fawful
Kamek
Kammy Koopa
King Boo
Koopa Kid
Koopalings
Petey Piranha
Pom Pom
Tatanga
Waluigi
Wario
Wart
Goomba
Lakitu
Diddy Kong* (not in any main Mario game but only DK character present in most Mario spin-offs outside DK)

Reactions: Mike S
So based strictly on the ride ideas, this land is 100% solely Mario bros characters and nothing else.

So I would guess characters in the attractions and for the flat ride would be:
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toad
Baby Luma
Birdo
Donkey Kong
Pauline
Princess Daisy
Professor E Gadd
Rosalina
Toadette
Toadsworth
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Boom Boom
Fawful
Kamek
Kammy Koopa
King Boo
Koopa Kid
Koopalings
Petey Piranha
Pom Pom
Tatanga
Waluigi
Wario
Wart
Goomba
Lakitu
Diddy Kong* (not in any main Mario game but only DK character present in most Mario spin-offs outside DK)
I'd take a guess at some DK villains as well for the coaster. The Kremlings and King K. Rool would be the most iconic.

im guessing if it is Mario theme you prob wont see birdo in the area BC of birdos past.Although it would be interesting to see how people react to this character in the park.

Interesting...

Super Mario Adventures will be released for first time in 20 years as collected-edition | Polygon
By Julia Alexander on Aug 16, 2016

Super Mario Adventures, the graphic novel series that originally ran in Nintendo Power magazine, will be re-released for the first time in more than 20 years.
The comic has been out-of-print for more than two decades and while Viz Media didn't specify why it was interested in bringing it back, it's not the only video game-inspired graphic novel that the publisher will carry.
Viz Media also announced today that the next installment in its Legend of Zelda manga series, Twilight Princess, will debut in 2017.
The series will take place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Universal Orlando Resort – Islands of Adventure | Universal Orlando Florida
Islands of Adventure opened next door to Universal Studios Florida in 1999, giving guests the chance to explore their way through popular literature as opposed to the movies and television shows at Universal Studios.

I know Nintendo has a share of the Pokemon Company but this gets me more so excited for the advertisement for what they have planned with Nintendoland as i doubt they would let Universal go simple. I also doubt Universal will go simple especially with it going up against SWL.

I know Nintendo has a share of the Pokemon Company but this gets me more so excited for the advertisement for what they have planned with Nintendoland as i doubt they would let Universal go simple. I also doubt Universal will go simple especially with it going up against SWL.

Would it be wise to possibly start seeing that advertisement campaign begin for when they announce the Osaka offerings possibly later this year, or should we be expecting that more closer to Osaka/Orlando/Hollywood's potential opening for the Nintendoland?

Either way, I think when Nintendo gets announced for the parks in a big way, it will get media coverage..

Would it be wise to possibly start seeing that advertisement campaign begin for when they announce the Osaka offerings possibly later this year, or should we be expecting that more closer to Osaka/Orlando/Hollywood's potential opening for the Nintendoland?

Either way, I think when Nintendo gets announced for the parks in a big way, it will get media coverage..

You advertise too early people will hold off their trips unless you boost on about Volcano Bay and all the other new things but they will be hyped about Nintendo and be mad Nintendoverse isn't open when they are there. You hype too late, you don't have enough time to give people to plan trips out and you end up with a Diagon Alley situation where they held the dates off for awhile and didn't get Potter One like crowds opening day but very substantial amount.