Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I heard the DK coaster will have that track change effect like the video game. When you go and the track is missing and you drop on to another track. If you guys get what I'm saying.

Maybe something along the lines like this.

Funny enough, I actually guessed about them possibly doing something Vertical Related..makes me hopefully happy if DK is happening.

Has Disney ever had anyone get off the HM ride in the middle of the attraction?
Wait, what? In what fashion? I've been on something at a mall in Israel where they had you get off to play games and then get back on. Are you implying something like that?

All the time...

They have intrusion mats all around to sense if someone steps out. Same thing at People Mover.

Thanks!

Wait, what? In what fashion? I've been on something at a mall in Israel where they had you get off to play games and then get back on. Are you implying something like that?

I wasn't implying anything at all. It was just a concern that crossed my mind, I promise. :)

Reactions: Mike S
So do you guys think Star Wars or Nintendo will be the better land? I think they should be opening around the same time if I'm not mistaken?

So do you guys think Star Wars or Nintendo will be the better land? I think they should be opening around the same time if I'm not mistaken?
Tough call. The main "Battle Attraction" for Star Wars sounds like it'll be just as amazing as Shanghai's Pirates and the Millenium Falcon sounds like it could be great too. If only that Bantha PeopleMover wasn't cut...

I'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: snayberry and Joel
My personal opinion....I'm really looking forward to Star Wars Land. I think Nintendo will be good, but it doesn't interest me much....I don't know if it's possible for Universal to one up Diagon Alley/Gringotts, London, Hogwart's Express & Stations Expansion.

Reactions: snayberry

I think personally, it all depends on what they offer in-terms of unique attractions and/or the Environments that these areas accompany.

If SWL does enough to diffrentrate from the ride system that is reported to be possibly at DAK (And from Shanghai); and that the Falcon provides something much more immersive than Soarin 2.0 in DAK and Soarin itself; then I think that Disney has them on the ropes in a sense.

But we're also talking about Nintendo, which sounds like it may have 2-3 major attractions at launch, one using the Busbar, another possibly being a family coaster with the Vertical Drop Track, and the Third seeming like something that hasn't been done for Universal.

I think it's a "Wait" situation, but it could turn interesting.

As for if it'll open around the same time..

dear god, I hope SWL doesn't take till 2020 for Orlando. I have a bad feeling that it will, but I'm hoping and waiting (even though some of the more trust worthy individuals have said of it being around that time).

Reactions: Mike S
I think personally, it all depends on what they offer in-terms of unique attractions and/or the Environments that these areas accompany.

If SWL does enough to diffrentrate from the ride system that is reported to be possibly at DAK (And from Shanghai); and that the Falcon provides something much more immersive than Soarin 2.0 in DAK and Soarin itself; then I think that Disney has them on the ropes in a sense.

But we're also talking about Nintendo, which sounds like it may have 2-3 major attractions at launch, one using the Busbar, another possibly being a family coaster with the Vertical Drop Track, and the Third seeming like something that hasn't been done for Universal.

I think it's a "Wait" situation, but it could turn interesting.

As for if it'll open around the same time..

dear god, I hope SWL doesn't take till 2020 for Orlando. I have a bad feeling that it will, but I'm hoping and waiting (even though some of the more trust worthy individuals have said of it being around that time).
It'll only be like Shanghai's Pirates in the fact of the sets and screen use AFAIK. It's definitely not a boat ride. It's trackless. The Falcon has been explained by @Marni1971 over on Magic but it's a little hard to articulate myself. It's pretty confusing. It's definitely not Soarin' though.

Reactions: snayberry
One cannot compare Nintendo to anything else out there visually. I cannot think of an attraction in Orlando as bright and colorful as what Uni has come up with. LOTS of primary colors; one more than the other. Too, compared to the short feeling of Kong one of these Nintendo attractions seems far longer than Kong due to the dazzling visuals both tangible and not and the many many different scenes. It is actually half+ of Kong time.

Last edited: