Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 249 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
or more so an awesome ride with all these characters in AA format. A ride with every super mario character

images

Wasn't it once reported that the Ursula AA from Mermaid was their most complex animatronic for WDI?

I think if that's the case, Bowser has to be something to behold. While I am fascinated to see how Yoshi and DK are handled (for either MK, DK, or potentially Yoshi); it's Bowser for Mariokart that I am more curious to see for this attraction. I think there is a lot that you can do, and it may be something to behold once it is finished.

If I'm not mistaken, someone mentioned that it would be using multiple tracks.
When I think of a great Bowser AA I think of Bowser's animations in Super Mario Galaxy. That's the goal to shoot for. Including his mane.
I'm so bummed they couldn't work Luigi's Mansion into this area. Would make an amazing expansion though, if there were any room that is.
Maybe they saved it for HHN.

When fantasizing about the possible Nintendo attractions I can't help but think of Mystic Manor. So many moving parts to this ride. But the level of animation is perfect for something Nintendo themed. I'm really hoping we're leaning towards this kind of attraction. Its the best blend of sets, animatronics, projections and screens. Plus I believe the rumor is a trackless ride system. And with how Nintendo protects their properties I really feel like we can expect something like this.

Reactions: belloq87 and Mike S
When fantasizing about the possible Nintendo attractions I can't help but think of Mystic Manor. So many moving parts to this ride. But the level of animation is perfect for something Nintendo themed. I'm really hoping we're leaning towards this kind of attraction. Its the best blend of sets, animatronics, projections and screens. Plus I believe the rumor is a trackless ride system. And with how Nintendo protects their properties I really feel like we can expect something like this.

I'd LOVE to see what Universal's version of a Mystic Manor-type ride would look like (and, heck, I'd love to see Walt Disney World's version, too). Having only seen ride videos, I think it's a real contender for being a Top 3 ride on the planet, and it brilliantly uses many techniques while still, basically, being a classic dark ride.

Thank god.

That's the one thing even Nintendo couldn't cheer me up with replacing.

Losing the last remaining opening day ride would put a really bad taste in my mouth, and Yoshi would pretty much have to become the best ride at the resort for me to get over it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'd LOVE to see what Universal's version of a Mystic Manor-type ride would look like (and, heck, I'd love to see Walt Disney World's version, too). Having only seen ride videos, I think it's a real contender for being a Top 3 ride on the planet, and it brilliantly uses many techniques while still, basically, being a classic dark ride.

Losing the last remaining opening day ride would put a really bad taste in my mouth, and Yoshi would pretty much have to become the best ride at the resort for me to get over it.
It's a shame such a well accepted attraction (Mystic Manor) is usually a walk on in a park that only gets decent attendance during holidays. I'm not much for judging a ride by a POV, but it looks like it would be pretty good, and it does get excellent reviews from the few people posting that said they rode it. .....And, ET Forever.

Reactions: belloq87
It's a shame such a well accepted attraction (Mystic Manor) is usually a walk on in a park that only gets decent attendance during holidays. I'm not much for judging a ride by a POV, but it looks like it would be pretty good, and it does get excellent reviews from the few people posting that said they rode it. .....And, ET Forever.

It's a shame about Hong Kong as a whole. For a smaller park, I think it's got a pretty solid attraction lineup, and it's poised to get even stronger. I'll sooner visit that park than Shanghai, certainly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog and Quint
It's a shame about Hong Kong as a whole. For a smaller park, I think it's got a pretty solid attraction lineup, and it's poised to get even stronger. I'll sooner visit that park than Shanghai, certainly.
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree.. Though it was entirely too small to start, they have added some new attractions since then that appear to be really good (except Toy Story junk). The park is in an absolutely beautiful setting, the best of any Disney park. But, unfortunately, there are fundamental problems associated with the economics & culture of Hong Kong, mainland China politics, Shanghai, huge drop in HK tourism (probably permanent). My guess is the park will continue to falter, even if they follow up with more expansions, that now appear to be in jeopardy. With an ownership ratio similar to Paris when it first opened, this will be a continual drain on Disney finances. Looks like Paris the Sequel, only with an even smaller attendance.

Any chance of Nintendo being used at HHN?
As for Yoshi, if ET stays and they still want the Yoshi ride, could they use some of the space behind MIB for it?

Any chance of Nintendo being used at HHN?
As for Yoshi, if ET stays and they still want the Yoshi ride, could they use some of the space behind MIB for it?
There is one possibility if they didn't want to use their kid friendly characters in a HHN house...
Eternal-Darkness_Cube_US_ESRB.jpg

They could also reach out to other developers for video game houses for things like Resident Evil, Five Nights at Freddy's, etc.

Let the hate role in, but I'm all for replacing ET with a brand new ride as that building can house something much better than ET like a roller coaster. Sorry but I'm not that much of a nostalgia freak. I would most love to see more new innovative rides than old and dated ones. Unless it's a good roller coaster. Cause then it's on

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Let the hate role in, but I'm all for replacing ET with a brand new ride as that building can house something much better than ET like a roller coaster. Sorry but I'm not that much of a nostalgia freak. I would most love to see more new innovative rides than old and dated ones. Unless it's a good roller coaster. Cause then it's on

Eh, the E.T. building over at USH made way for Revenge of the Mummy. And that's known for being the shortest, most lackluster version of it.

Reactions: Mike S