Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 250 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Let the hate role in, but I'm all for replacing ET with a brand new ride as that building can house something much better than ET like a roller coaster. Sorry but I'm not that much of a nostalgia freak. I would most love to see more new innovative rides than old and dated ones. Unless it's a good roller coaster. Cause then it's on

giphy.gif

Getting the Yoshi ride AND keeping ET? Sounds like a homerun to me. ET was a surprise for my girlfriend and I on our trip in October. A little campy, but fun. I loved the whole feel of it, and it made me wish I had been able to experience Universal Orlando so much earlier. And obviously, the Studios park can use all the non-screen based attractions you can throw at it. So keeping ET and adding more practical effect rides is a win-win in my book.

But also, if it's staying, please give ET a proper refurb.

Is this just conjecture regarding Yoshi/ET? I have no idea if any of this has been decided.
Testtrack231 posted a tidbit saying ET was staying and upon people believing that meant Yoshi was no more, he went on to clarify that he never said that.
So the information seems to be pointing toward ET staying AND Yoshi coming... Pretty interesting if true.

Reactions: Nico and Joel
Testtrack231 posted a tidbit saying ET was staying and upon people believing that meant Yoshi was no more, he went on to clarify that he never said that.
So the information seems to be pointing toward ET staying AND Yoshi coming... Pretty interesting if true.

What I mean is ET is getting more love from UOR. I didn't want to say more but it's possible ET is going still. This all ties into UOR guest satisfaction surveys, screenz, and foreign tourists apparently loving the ride.

I believe Yoshi is coming but I don't know what's going on with ET.

I have to apologize for the misquote Joe - you actually only said ET seemed to be getting more love, so thank you for further clarifying.
Any way you slice it, the developments are really good glimpses into UOR's direction toward the future.

Depends on how they decide to do demolition. They can wall off everything else first, demo, buy some time til F&F. Then still demo ET. I have a feeling we won't have an idea til a few months after HHN.
That would make the most sense, to preserve some capacity, if they decide to take ET out....Still hoping they keep ET, add Yoshii, and just take some of the land back by the parade building for expansion,which is just wasted space except during HHN.

Reactions: belloq87
Let the hate role in, but I'm all for replacing ET with a brand new ride as that building can house something much better than ET like a roller coaster. Sorry but I'm not that much of a nostalgia freak. I would most love to see more new innovative rides than old and dated ones. Unless it's a good roller coaster. Cause then it's on
I don't even like it due to nostalgia, it's just my favorite ride in general. Maybe it doesn't have the most high quality tech, but it's really well put together for what it lacks in that department in others.

I don't even like it due to nostalgia, it's just my favorite ride in general. Maybe it doesn't have the most high quality tech, but it's really well put together for what it lacks in that department in others.
:thumbsup: It always puts a big smile on my face when I ride it. That's one of my keys to rating an attraction. Theme Parks are about having fun. I try to leave the cerebral part out of it (ie: intricate plot lines, tech of the ride, systems type, etc.) . I couldn't care less about that stuff. :)