Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't know where this is coming from, but I can tell you that Kong's reaction was anything but tepid from the GP, and as shocking as it sounds Fallon is getting hilariously high guest satisfaction reactions so far.
Thought I read here Kongs guest satisfaction scores were low. Sorry about that. I enjoyed it the time I rode it.

I don't think an announcement isn't in stores for a very long time...
Right now there focused on Fallon attention and then the Bay. Probs in August/September, or they just announce kidzones closure with no details.

I don't think an announcement isn't in stores for a very long time...
Right now there focused on Fallon attention and then the Bay. Probs in August/September, or they just announce kidzones closure with no details.

I can see them announcing it on Fallon when he's in town. Same for a VB preview like they did with Olivanders or Kevin Heart on RRR.

Reactions: Mike S
Seriously, I understand the need for FF during these next few years, but no one really cares. Especially after Fallon and Kong with the tepid results and screens debate with the GP. They should announce that it's coming and it will have 0 screens as reported to get people happy again.
There's only two responses FF will get.

1. People will eat it up like crazy. F&F is insanely popular. The 7th movie made over a billion dollars. Harry Potter, Star Wars, James Bond are the only IPs I can think of where any movie past the sixth made that kind of money. (I'm ignoring Marvel because that's a collection of IPs).

2. It'll crash and burn. People will want to be psyched for the ride and just end up massively disappointed.

Frozen set the precedent for F&F (killer IP with a crappy ride), so I'm thinking Frozen's perception over time will predict FF's over time.

There's only two responses FF will get.

1. People will eat it up like crazy. F&F is insanely popular. The 7th movie made over a billion dollars. Harry Potter, Star Wars, James Bond are the only IPs I can think of where any movie past the sixth made that kind of money. (I'm ignoring Marvel because that's a collection of IPs).

2. It'll crash and burn. People will want to be psyched for the ride and just end up massively disappointed.

Frozen set the precedent for F&F (killer IP with a crappy ride), so I'm thinking Frozen's perception over time will predict FF's over time.
I'm predicting #1. People here and on the Disney boards will trash it. Tourists & the general public will create some really long stand by lines, and they'll come off the ride with a smile.

Reactions: Andysol
The general public does not see theme parks the way we do. They are the same people who look at Rockit and compare to mummy as the same thing.

Also, how soon can we see Nintendo merch in the parks?
Honestly, besides Amiibos, Nintendo doesn't do a ton of merch. Their entire mercy strategy is a mess.

It might help you to do some Google searches. There is plenty of Nintendo merch besides amiibo.
Not even close to Disney or Potter scale though. They don't have a great merch strategy. Most of the merch is Pokemon, which is handled by the Pokemon Company and does have setup partnerships + the like.

Not even close to Disney or Potter scale though. They don't have a great merch strategy. Most of the merch is Pokemon, which is handled by the Pokemon Company and does have setup partnerships + the like.
And other than Lego Harry Potter and some candy that IP didn't have a huge high quality merch presence either until the land came along.

Nintendo will have tons of merch.

And other than Lego Harry Potter and some candy that IP didn't have a huge high quality merch presence either until the land came along.

Nintendo will have tons of merch.
I wholeheartedly agree. They'll develop special merchandise to place in all three parks, expensive with a huge mark up since it won't be available anywhere else, and Nintendo & Universal will make a ton of profit on it.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S

I think this is pent up demand, the Nintendo NYC store does so much merch sales to stay alive. Plus just see how many licensed tshrits come from places with Nintendo icons on it. I personally think it's a pent up market ready to burst.

I would put a ton of money down on some kind of interactive merch, but trying to figure out what.
I'd like to see things I can get for my Switch. Maybe special downloads somehow that can only be gotten at Universal. They've already done something like this with Nintendo Zone on 3DS.