Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really hope they keep ET, mostly due to the concerns I'm having with the USO menu variety. I'd prefer Nintendo be three steps forward, with no steps back.

The park technically needs to make up for Jaws and Disaster in terms of major variety, please don't add ET to that list.
Yes. ET is important to the park's balance, both as a non screens oriented attraction and as an attraction the entire family can enjoy.....There's alternative space for Nintendo. No reason to close down a popular high capacity family attraction that only needs an updated refurb.

Yes. ET is important to the park's balance, both as a non screens oriented attraction and as an attraction the entire family can enjoy.....There's alternative space for Nintendo. No reason to close down a popular high capacity family attraction that only needs an updated refurb.

I constantly find myself agreeing with things you say :thumbsup:

Yes Yoshi would make a good family ride but they can't afford to lose too many more family attractions once KidZone goes under the knife.

E.T. should stay because it's part of USF's history - a relic of an era focusing entirely on the practical. Considering there are other spaces to use for expansion or renovation of the park (Shrek, T2, the MIB/Springfield plot, Fear Factor and the surrounding land, some of the soundstages by Rockit/DM, the old parade building in KidZone), it's better to let a classic stick around and preserve some of Universal's history.

I'd think this could work as Universal Studios Florida's 15 to 20-year plan:

E.T. complete overhaul (immersive outdoor queue starting by Gardens of Allah, new pre-show, spaceship RVs offered once again for those under the 34" height requirement, brand-new AAs, projection effects)

Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart E-ticket, Donkey Kong E-ticket, Yoshi D-ticket)

Woody Woodpecker repurposed as a Krustyland/Itchy & Scratchy coaster

Super Silly Fun Land in the rest of the MIB/Springfield plot (Minion Mayhem E-ticket family boat ride, SSFL play area, Dr. Nefario flat ride like Junkyard Jamboree)

Fear Factor and MIB used for a general London expansion (Sherlock walkthrough, Doctor Who E-ticket, James Bond stunt show, mini-London Eye along the waterfront)

Mummy total revamp featuring cohesive storyline, new characters, brand-new AAs, more projections/theming in the coaster section

Simpsons Ride upgrade, including Treehouse of Horror overlay for Sept/Oct

DM - Minion Mayhem, Shrek and the current Universal store replaced with a new entrance plaza, a walkthrough museum (replacing part of the old Minion Mayhem), and Greatest Cinematic Moments E-ticket (three-stories, all-ages, features old-school Universal IPs for the most part but there can be newer ones like Bourne, replacing Shrek)

Last edited:
E.T. should stay because it's part of USF's history - a relic of an era focusing entirely on the practical. Considering there are other spaces to use for expansion or renovation of the park (Shrek, T2, the MIB/Springfield plot, Fear Factor and the surrounding land, some of the soundstages by Rockit/DM, the old parade building in KidZone), it's better to let a classic stick around and preserve some of Universal's history.

E.T. complete overhaul (immersive outdoor queue starting by Gardens of Allah, new pre-show, spaceship RVs offered once again for those under the 34" height requirement, brand-new AAs, projection effects)

Super Nintendo World (Mario Kart E-ticket, Donkey Kong E-ticket, Yoshi D-ticket)

Super Silly Fun Land in the rest of the MIB/Springfield plot (Minion Mayhem E-ticket family boat ride, SSFL play area, Dr. Nefario flat ride like Junkyard Jamboree)

Fear Factor and MIB used for a general London expansion (Sherlock walkthrough, Doctor Who E-ticket, James Bond stunt show, mini-London Eye along the waterfront)

Mummy total revamp featuring cohesive storyline, new characters, brand-new AAs, more projections/theming in the coaster section

DM - Minion Mayhem, Shrek and the current Universal store replaced with a new entrance plaza, a walkthrough museum (replacing part of the old Minion Mayhem), and Greatest Cinematic Moments E-ticket (three-stories, all-ages, features old-school Universal IPs for the most part but there can be newer ones like Bourne, replacing Shrek)

What chewy said :hail::hail::hail:

If universal did a "movie" ride that featured Jaws and a few other "classic" properties I think it would do wonders to ease the minds of old school park fans with all the new things universal is adding to the parks. Not sure logistically how much space it would take up or how the ride system itself would be but that's best case scenario for me with universal.

Unfortunately, nostalgia doesn't pay the bills. No one(or not enough) is going to UOR to ride ET. It's not worth dumping a bunch of money in for a major refurb, and as is, it needs that or replaced. Attraction balance is a legit argument, but if it's being replaced by a high value IP ride that has lots of AA's and practical effects then it's an upgrade all around.

Reactions: Quint and Mike S
Unfortunately, nostalgia doesn't pay the bills. No one(or not enough) is going to UOR to ride ET. It's not worth dumping a bunch of money in for a major refurb, and as is, it needs that or replaced. Attraction balance is a legit argument, but if it's being replaced by a high value IP ride that has lots of AA's and practical effects then it's an upgrade all around.
Seems to work for Disney

Depends on the nostalgia. I'd expect Back to the Future or even Jaws would be pushing a lot more merchandise if it were still here instead of E.T.

Huge 70's and 80's nostalgia right now

Most attended parks in the world

So you recommend replacing ET with Harry Potter. Leave the ride system the same and just change the vehicles to broomsticks? I mean thats what Disney did with their hottest property.

So you recommend replacing ET with Harry Potter. Leave the ride system the same and just change the vehicles to broomsticks? I mean thats what Disney did with their hottest property.
That wouldn't be good as HP is a huge money maker

And? Listen, I love ET the movie. It's a masterpiece. But the ride isn't, and the property just doesn't have the same power that the Disney animated classics do.
I hoped ET would be Universal's piece of nostalgia - perhaps not...I still feel it has life though

Yeah I just don't see ET as a nostalgia movie. BTTF is and you see it with the BTTF day, Pepsi perfect release(which I own), all the merchandise sold outside the parks and the fact it's continuously played on tv. ET I never hear of outside the parks.

Reactions: Mike S