Nintendo Switch | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really like how Xbox and Playstation have handled the jump to next gen with some games having free upgrades. If the new switch is a huge jump like that could nintendo do something similar? Or is this not a big hardware difference.
No this is new Nintendo you'll have to buy the entire game again if they make a next-gen Switch. Obviously with the jump from Wii-U to the Switch's cartridges it would't have been possible, but I bet Nintendo will do something stupid for the next iteration.

Yea, I don't think they can game lock. With the number of people who just bought a switch and switch lite, if they immediately say sorry only on Pro switch, it alienates future consumers.

I'd argue a compromise could work out, if they allow cloud based versions of games coming out, to be released on the standard Switch and that of the Lite for the time being. It'd basically be the death of physical releases on the old tech, but it could make sense as we are starting to see companies like IO, Capcom, Ubisoft, and Remedy all try their hands on cloud based gaming for the switch. I see no reason why that couldn't be the mentality down the road.

No this is new Nintendo you'll have to buy the entire game again if they make a next-gen Switch. Obviously with the jump from Wii-U to the Switch's cartridges it would't have been possible, but I bet Nintendo will do something stupid for the next iteration.

If anything makes me think they might do something stupid, it's with bluetooth. Considering it's not even on the base Switch or Lite, I have to wonder if they'd be dumb to neglect that for the sake of the New Nintendo Switch (or whatever it's calleD).

____

Meanwhile, speaking of additional tidbits, Vandal has gathered information on things going to be incorporated for the New Nintendo Switch, including the likes of Ethernet, USB 3.0, and the biggest of all, the removal of the kickstand.

Reactions: chris.g and Tristan
Thursday's the reported reveal of the Switch Pro/ Super Nintendo Switch

Posting the source directly--this comes from Nick of XBOXEra. It could be delayed again, but it's bordering extremely close to E3 time.

With the first online tournament Pre-E3 announced for JP, I have to think this is the week, and we'll see on Friday the announcement of the E3 Showcase for June 15th.

No Clue why Nintendo doesn't wait for E3...its so close. Show this and the "launch games for it" along with other games out this year and you have a homerun...or have like no big things at E3...like they sometimes do

No Clue why Nintendo doesn't wait for E3...its so close. Show this and the "launch games for it" along with other games out this year and you have a homerun...or have like no big things at E3...like they sometimes do

Allows for developers to prepare proper showcases that can advertise the new Switch model directly.

I think, and emphasis on think, this is going to be the roadplan if things don't get delayed any longer:

June 3rd = New Switch Model Mini Direct: Price, Date, specifications of the console and three examples are shown in proper detail for the sake of the new console.
June 9th = Pokemon Presents: Gameplay of Arceus running on the new Switch model, announcements of events for Pokemon Masters, Sword/Shield, Pokemon Go, and Pokemon Home, alongside gameplay for BD/RP
June 15th = Nintendo E3 Showcase: Games for the second half of Nintendo's 2020 year, with games specifically shown for the new Switch Model directly along with games from multiple groups.
June 15th-June 17th = E3 Treehouse with Sakurai Presents somewhere during that.

Pokemon has a new update for Pokemon Home in the pipeline, as noted, and it may be possible that they may of had plans for a Pokemon Presents at the time of BD/RP and Arceus's release date announcements, but had to hold off specifically for the sake of the new Switch model. Plus, they've always had a Pokemon Presents of some fashion immediately before E3, as seen with 2018 and 2019.

Reactions: Tristan and chris.g
Pie in the sky, I'm wondering if Square has plans to put FF7R on the new switch considering Integrades very limited exclusivity window matches up with the rumored release of the pro. Food for thought of course.

Pie in the sky, I'm wondering if Square has plans to put FF7R on the new switch considering Integrades very limited exclusivity window matches up with the rumored release of the pro. Food for thought of course.

Oh, I absolutely think FF7R is coming to Switch, XBOX, PC, Stadia, and GEForceNow by December. Whether by cloud version for Switch or not, I do think FFVIIR makes a lot of sense to get out as far as it can possibly can.

If FFVIIR can take the PS4, it can take the potential Switch model. Especially with the aid of DLSS.

Reactions: chris.g
Allows for developers to prepare proper showcases that can advertise the new Switch model directly.

I think, and emphasis on think, this is going to be the roadplan if things don't get delayed any longer:

June 3rd = New Switch Model Mini Direct: Price, Date, specifications of the console and three examples are shown in proper detail for the sake of the new console.
June 9th = Pokemon Presents: Gameplay of Arceus running on the new Switch model, announcements of events for Pokemon Masters, Sword/Shield, Pokemon Go, and Pokemon Home, alongside gameplay for BD/RP
June 15th = Nintendo E3 Showcase: Games for the second half of Nintendo's 2020 year, with games specifically shown for the new Switch Model directly along with games from multiple groups.
June 15th-June 17th = E3 Treehouse with Sakurai Presents somewhere during that.

Pokemon has a new update for Pokemon Home in the pipeline, as noted, and it may be possible that they may of had plans for a Pokemon Presents at the time of BD/RP and Arceus's release date announcements, but had to hold off specifically for the sake of the new Switch model. Plus, they've always had a Pokemon Presents of some fashion immediately before E3, as seen with 2018 and 2019.
Weird Sony and Microsoft seem to have no issues showing off systems upgrades and game at the same event

Nintendo thinks Fans want small one off things....no

We want E3 Shows packed with NEW info. I rather an hour show with the "system" and then games. Most Nintendo E3's suck now because they focus way too much one one game. Show us what you've got Nintendo and also add N64 games to your system...my god its been years and those games we literally on Wii/Wii U

Weird Sony and Microsoft seem to have no issues showing off systems upgrades and game at the same event

Nintendo thinks Fans want small one off things....no

We want E3 Shows packed with NEW info. I rather an hour show with the "system" and then games. Most Nintendo E3's suck now because they focus way too much one one game. Show us what you've got Nintendo and also add N64 games to your system...my god its been years and those games we literally on Wii/Wii U

The past few years, Nintendo has put the focus on software and software only. From 2017-onward, we've had absolute banger E3 showcases, that highlight specific titles while also bringing a crapton of new titles to the platform. Additionally--this isn't going to be a standard E3 year, to where people can actively be at LA Convention Center for media groups. It's a different vibe, one that does not have to adhere to years of the past, especially in part to the pandemic.

2017's E3 is what led me to want the Nintendo Switch, because of just how good the console's initial software lineup sold me. I think doing something similar to that with the new Switch model (Even if it's in limited stock for this year and without BOTW2 [Which, I think is a fair opporunity]), allows them time to prepare for the larger influx of users once Breath of The Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, and Prime 4 are ready to be shown off publicly.

The past few years, Nintendo has put the focus on software and software only. From 2017-onward, we've had absolute banger E3 showcases, that highlight specific titles while also bringing a crapton of new titles to the platform. Additionally--this isn't going to be a standard E3 year, to where people can actively be at LA Convention Center for media groups. It's a different vibe, one that does not have to adhere to years of the past, especially in part to the pandemic.

2017's E3 is what led me to want the Nintendo Switch, because of just how good the console's initial software lineup sold me. I think doing something similar to that with the new Switch model (Even if it's in limited stock for this year and without BOTW2 [Which, I think is a fair opporunity]), allows them time to prepare for the larger influx of users once Breath of The Wild 2, Bayonetta 3, and Prime 4 are ready to be shown off publicly.
With the Internet you can do a Trailer and have a Showcase also online

Sony KILLS making good E3's they just show game after game and its cool. Nintendo is like lets spend 5 mins on some Free to Play Kirby game...no make a trailer and move on.

Think Nintendo makes great games some if not the best but they suckkkk at shows, they know what people want ignore it and do their own thing nad get lucky it works but honestly no idea how hard is is to "fill" in the gap months when no new AAA games are coming out when they have the biggest library of games. Anyway hope what ever show they do it at its good and well produced

With the Internet you can do a Trailer and have a Showcase also online

Sony KILLS making good E3's they just show game after game and its cool. Nintendo is like lets spend 5 mins on some Free to Play Kirby game...no make a trailer and move on.

Think Nintendo makes great games some if not the best but they suckkkk at shows, they know what people want ignore it and do their own thing nad get lucky it works but honestly no idea how hard is is to "fill" in the gap months when no new AAA games are coming out when they have the biggest library of games. Anyway hope what ever show they do it at its good and well produced

Let me ask you--what did you think of the 2018 and 2019 E3 directs (and squarely on the E3 directs). Because I'd argue that in the case of 2018 and 2019, the software lineups that they showed for both was markably solid. Even for 2018, where the direct was of two personas for the E3 direct proper and for Smash--it was in my opinion, a direct that made a lot of reactions.

2019 I'd actually argue was the most balanced showcase they've had since E3 2011, showing titles from all around and not entirely leaning into one particular game outside of the outlier that is of DQ (which made sense, due to Hero's inclusion).

Let me ask you--what did you think of the 2018 and 2019 E3 directs (and squarely on the E3 directs). Because I'd argue that in the case of 2018 and 2019, the software lineups that they showed for both was markably solid. Even for 2018, where the direct was of two personas for the E3 direct proper and for Smash--it was in my opinion, a direct that made a lot of reactions.

2019 I'd actually argue was the most balanced showcase they've had since E3 2011, showing titles from all around and not entirely leaning into one particular game outside of the outlier that is of DQ (which made sense, due to Hero's inclusion).
So look at 2019 think at the time it was good but now...to me it has some games that to me didn't deliver.I think while Animal Crossing Sold well...it was just too much a sequel without enough new. I get it made money so many will defend it but its a boring game no big new features and for charging us for online now I can't believe they could not find any creative fun online games or you to be able to play with friends and earn unique items for your village.

2018 I love Smash but its half the show...just I don't care for this. I love God of War and Red Dead..but do I want them taking up half a show? No

I think Nintendo just has its own way and "it works" because games get sold but as a video or presentation it doesn't always have the same hype as Sony and Microsoft because of the lack of AAA third party games. Sony is only have like two big games come out this year Horizon and Rachet butttt we get Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect Collection, games like Apex get updated almost monthly and the Switch can't run these games.
Yes Apex is on Switch but its trash....just trash no idea how you can even compare it to the PS4 Verizon of the game

So look at 2019 think at the time it was good but now...to me it has some games that to me didn't deliver.I think while Animal Crossing Sold well...it was just too much a sequel without enough new. I get it made money so many will defend it but its a boring game no big new features and for charging us for online now I can't believe they could not find any creative fun online games or you to be able to play with friends and earn unique items for your village.

2018 I love Smash but its half the show...just I don't care for this. I love God of War and Red Dead..but do I want them taking up half a show? No

I think Nintendo just has its own way and "it works" because games get sold but as a video or presentation it doesn't always have the same hype as Sony and Microsoft because of the lack of AAA third party games. Sony is only have like two big games come out this year Horizon and Rachet butttt we get Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect Collection, games like Apex get updated almost monthly and the Switch can't run these games.
Yes Apex is on Switch but its trash....just trash no idea how you can even compare it to the PS4 Verizon of the game

For the sake of 2018, it was specifically brought up when they announced their plans, a heavy focus on that of Smash; which in some ways, is the biggest IP that Nintendo has because of how large the intervals are of content. Additionally, for the sake of E3 2018, I'd argue you can say it's two directs in one. Nearly 20 minutes was placed to the second half of 2018, while the other was on Smash, a game that because of it's release window and for the sake of Smash Invitational, needed to have information given for the sake of not only media outlets, but for those who were actively going to be competing in the tournament during E3.

2019, for the most part was nearly 40 minutes of nothing but news. Animal Crossing was a focus for only 3 minutes. The rest was games ontop of games ontop of games. Heck, even Smash Bros, with it's two DLC fighters, had more time in the moment than Animal Crossing.

__

With the Nintendo Switch model coming out seemingly being the replacement for the base Switch eventually, with the time that Nintendo may be giving to developers to prepare and ready; it makes sense that we're going to see titles from parties that haven't been on Switch. It's why I think games like FFVIIR, Borderland's 3, GTAV, and more will be coming to the new model, and the new model exclusively for physical and digitial versions, for that iteration. Yes, it'd be locking the other consoles out to dry, but it makes sense if this new console is aimed to be that successor.

For the sake of 2018, it was specifically brought up when they announced their plans, a heavy focus on that of Smash; which in some ways, is the biggest IP that Nintendo has because of how large the intervals are of content. Additionally, for the sake of E3 2018, I'd argue you can say it's two directs in one. Nearly 20 minutes was placed to the second half of 2018, while the other was on Smash, a game that because of it's release window and for the sake of Smash Invitational, needed to have information given for the sake of not only media outlets, but for those who were actively going to be competing in the tournament during E3.

2019, for the most part was nearly 40 minutes of nothing but news. Animal Crossing was a focus for only 3 minutes. The rest was games ontop of games ontop of games. Heck, even Smash Bros, with it's two DLC fighters, had more time in the moment than Animal Crossing.

__

With the Nintendo Switch model coming out seemingly being the replacement for the base Switch eventually, with the time that Nintendo may be giving to developers to prepare and ready; it makes sense that we're going to see titles from parties that haven't been on Switch. It's why I think games like FFVIIR, Borderland's 3, GTAV, and more will be coming to the new model, and the new model exclusively for physical and digitial versions, for that iteration. Yes, it'd be locking the other consoles out to dry, but it makes sense if this new console is aimed to be that successor.

I don't remember where I saw the article last year...but from what I read Nintendo's President said that the Switch was halfway through its life cycle. So I don't think this new console is the successor but more the 3ds to the DS.

I don't remember where I saw the article last year...but from what I read Nintendo's President said that the Switch was halfway through its life cycle. So I don't think this new console is the successor but more the 3ds to the DS.

The jump from the DS to the 3DS though was a major one in and of itself, especially for the amount of capabilities that they could do with more horsepower. Especially with major games like Fire Emblem Awakening, Kid Icarus Uprising, and more using the full power of the handheld rather quickly.

Another week, another incorrect "leak" on when the new switch will be released. Two weeks in a row where people believe it will be Thursday. Time to get ahead of the curve, it will be announced next Thursday ;)

Reactions: Allomancer
Another week, another incorrect "leak" on when the new switch will be released. Two weeks in a row where people believe it will be Thursday. Time to get ahead of the curve, it will be announced next Thursday ;)
Psssh no way, it’ll be next Wednesday get good scrubs /s

To be fair, there is still data that was suggesting a midnight change on June 4th by a group named CENTRO Leaks.

(For context, they do claim that it is in the Amazon system, somewhere. And knowing the odds, it's probably as a DUMMY file for right now).

It does seem like it's *somewhere*, just waiting to be announced. Especially as production assembly is expected to begin by the end of the month to the beginning of July, as per other backgrounds. Now, if we get word of a Pokemon Presents before anything else, then yeah it's probably going to take a bit.

I used to be against/ not believe the Switch pro, but it seems all but inevitable at this point. The delay in announcement just feels like Nintendo is teasing.