Nintendo Switch | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, I am positive that it is coming and soon. I just find it funny how people are constantly coming out with the reveal date in hopes of scoring internet points.

No this is new Nintendo you'll have to buy the entire game again if they make a next-gen Switch. Obviously with the jump from Wii-U to the Switch's cartridges it would't have been possible, but I bet Nintendo will do something stupid for the next iteration.
I realize this was posted like a decade ago, but I hope they don't do this, and honestly I don't expect them to. Hopefully they'll be smart enough to let every game work on every Switch. The console already has a precedent of playing all of it's games at different spec caps depending on whether you're playing handheld or docked. All they'd have to do is add a third mode, which plays games with higher resolution, quicker load times, etc if you're playing on Super Switch.

I can see a few Switch Pro exclusives but I don't expect there to be many. I'm thinking they'll be about as big as the DSi or New 3DS libraries. So about 6 games max, lol.

I realize this was posted like a decade ago, but I hope they don't do this, and honestly I don't expect them to. Hopefully they'll be smart enough to let every game work on every Switch. The console already has a precedent of playing all of it's games at different spec caps depending on whether you're playing handheld or docked. All they'd have to do is add a third mode, which plays games with higher resolution, quicker load times, etc if you're playing on Super Switch.

I can see a few Switch Pro exclusives but I don't expect there to be many. I'm thinking they'll be about as big as the DSi or New 3DS libraries. So about 6 games max, lol.

I think Eiyuden Chronicles deciding to jump away from Current hardware, is an interesting sign. Would be even more interesting if Ubisoft decided to gatelock Mario+Rabbids as a Switch Pro exclusive at launch.

Reactions: chris.g
Mario Golf is fun

I'm not a big sports guy so don't care about what most reviewers are upset about...the game is fun with friends so I'm good. If you like having fun with friends get the game...if its for single player only...i'd skip it

Its soooo stupid but whatever they might be holding the Pro back for Zelda

But this is stupid...like really dumb the screen is good as is

Yeah. Like I love my Vita's OLED screen but this isn't worth a whole new console for me and I already have an ethernet adaptor. Oh well, maybe some people will find use for it.

I really hope this is just an updated regular model a la the Battery upgrade model and we get a full Switch Pro later. This is...disappointing. Regardless of leaks or rumors, the Switch is really lacking in power and that's only going to get worse from here on out. The Switch desperately needs it.

Looking ahead of a potential Nintendo Direct this month (possibly on the 8th if MonolithSofts site refurbishment has any meaning); Eurogamer is collaborating on a rumor stirring: that Game Boy and Game Boy Color games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online, possibly by this month.

Last edited:
Gonna share my own predictions

• Splatoon 3 (February 1st)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (2022)
  • Resident Evil (Be that 8: Cloud Edition or a new RE title exclusive to Switch)
  • Fire Emblem (Geneology Remake or Three Houses Continuation)
  • Project Triangle Strategy (The Triad Wars)
  • No Smash Reveal (but is given a date)
  • Castlevania Advanced, Klonoa Remastered, Alan Wake, Fall Guys, and a lot of third party

Gonna share my own predictions

• Splatoon 3 (February 1st)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (2022)
  • Resident Evil (Be that 8: Cloud Edition or a new RE title exclusive to Switch)
  • Fire Emblem (Geneology Remake or Three Houses Continuation)
  • Project Triangle Strategy (The Triad Wars)
  • No Smash Reveal (but is given a date)
  • Castlevania Advanced, Klonoa Remastered, Alan Wake, Fall Guys, and a lot of third party
I'd be very, very shocked if Splatoon 3 came out in Q1. I don't even expect to see it in this Direct.

My predictions

- DK 3D Platformer announced
- New Kirby Game
- Final Smash Character trailer
- RE7 (it's already on the switch in Japan)
- Batman Arkham Trilogy
- Animal Crossing Mega Update
- N64 Online + N64 Controller
- Direct ends with Mario Kart 9 or first proper look at Metroid Prime 4