Nintendo Switch | Page 134 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Switch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll have to see all features on this...I both like it and also don't like it....lol

Like the features not sure about the art style

Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Super Mario RPG, and Luigi’s Mansion for me.

I more than likely won’t get it but I’m curious to see what the Peach game is actually like and if it does better than her original solo adventure on the DS.

Reactions: LieutLaww
Pretty solid Direct, only would have been fantastic if Metroid (or Silk Song) showed up.
At this point I think Metroid Prime 4 will either be a launch title or a year 1 release for the Switch 2. The development at Retro Studios started in 2019 and that would likely line up well with the beginning stages of R&D for their next console. It would be the perfect showcase for new hardware.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
As cross gen, yeah.
Got it. My thoughts on Prime are that it’ll be exclusive to next gen so I thought for a second you were thinking of that for Peach. If the next system is backwards compatible though cross gen might not even be needed unless there’s something truly unique like how the Wii version of Twilight Princess had motion controls.

Something big escaped me yesterday from the Direct. The fact that we’re getting a remaster of Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon on Switch means Nintendo is more than likely planning on doing this with more 3DS games. This could probably even go back to the original DS. I know we’ve had Wii U ports come over that were adapted to no longer use two screens but this feels different. Personally I’m hoping for the 3DS remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask to make the jump.

What would you guys like to see?

Reactions: biggerboat16
Playing Pikmin 1 on switch right now, the game holds up very well for its age,

As for remake games, an easy one is just porting Wind Waker onto Switch. I think Double Dash is my number one game I'd like to see come to Switch, but would also like the Fire Emblem games from the 3DS on Switch. I think Dire Emblem Fates would sell very well, and Awaking and Echoes: Shadows of Valentia could also do well

Reactions: Mike S