Official MLB Discussion Thread: Season Starts July 23rd | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Official MLB Discussion Thread: Season Starts July 23rd

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With so many players that had COVID on Miami, it's pretty likely that at least a few were on the field on Sunday against the Phillies. Hopefully it didn't spread, but it very well could have. I think we're still awaiting test results from the Phillies which could be why they canceled tonight's game. Either that or they got the results back and they weren't good.

Meanwhile, the Marlins are scheduled to play tomorrow still.

Yup. Not going to act like I'm not constantly refreshing my feed waiting for the results to come in :lol:

EDIT: So we've got "good" news and bad news...

EDIT 2:

EDIT 3:

Even watching, and following the woeful Pirates helps make life seem normal again. Hope the players make an effort to stay away from places that will infect them, and the season can be successful.

Y'all had to be watching the Dodgers vs Astros game tonight right... I mean c'mon, does it get any better...
I watched them rush out of the dugouts yesterday and was pointing one by one at the TV like “Covid, covid, covid, oh Correa’s spitting, Kelly’s definitely got Covid...”

• Haha
Reactions: chris.g
Such bull man...
I have no problem with throwing at the Astros, but you can't throw at someone's head. That's a way to kill someone. Not to mention his antics basically were the cause of a benches clearing scene in which there very easily may have been mass Covid spreading going on for all we know.

I have no problem with throwing at the Astros, but you can't throw at someone's head. That's a way to kill someone. Not to mention his antics basically were the cause of a benches clearing scene in which there very easily may have been mass Covid spreading going on for all we know.
I don't think this is where I'm getting at. Kelly is serving a suspension while the Astros were granted immunity for testifying. 8 games is the equivalent of 22 in a regular season. Furthermore, Dusty told Kelly in the same inning "Get back on the mound little f-----". ADDITIONALLY, considering that the Astros cheating scheme cost several professional MLB pitchers to never pitch in the big leagues again? Yeah the Astros can go off themselves. Especially Correa's big mouth.

Also the benches only cleared when Correa and co approached Kelly. And yet they just got warnings - again. Manfred can shove it.

I don't think this is where I'm getting at. Kelly is serving a suspension while the Astros were granted immunity for testifying. 8 games is the equivalent of 22 in a regular season. Furthermore, Dusty told Kelly in the same inning "Get back on the mound little f-----". ADDITIONALLY, considering that the Astros cheating scheme cost several professional MLB pitchers to never pitch in the big leagues again? Yeah the Astros can go off themselves. Especially Correa's big mouth.

Also the benches only cleared when Correa and co approached Kelly. And yet they just got warnings - again. Manfred can shove it.
I know about the whole cheating scandal which is why I said i'm fine with throwing at Astros if that's what you're intending to do. But do it right away and get it over with instead of on a 3-0 pitch and certainly don't throw at the head. I don't care what they did, throwing at a players head is uncalled for.

Over/under on the season being canceled by the end of next week? Or at the very least the Marlins season? I mean, so many games are being missed and to think the Marlins are going to field a team on Monday is ludicrous thinking.

Over/under on the season being canceled by the end of next week? Or at the very least the Marlins season? I mean, so many games are being missed and to think the Marlins are going to field a team on Monday is ludicrous thinking.

I feel like another team needs to contract it before it gets cancelled. If what happens to the Marlins happens to another organization within the month, I’d say game over. Until that or a plethora of different players get it, I think they will continue the season and use win percentage as the factor for playoffs (which is unfair IMO, but it’s all they can really do).

I feel like another team needs to contract it before it gets cancelled. If what happens to the Marlins happens to another organization within the month, I’d say game over. Until that or a plethora of different players get it, I think they will continue the season and use win percentage as the factor for playoffs (which is unfair IMO, but it’s all they can really do).
I just think this whole situation seems so icky. If this wasn't the Marlins who were expected to be bad anyway and it happened to the Yankees or Dodgers, with lots of star players going down, this situation likely would've been handled a lot differently.