Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 279 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We must remember that these are teasers, given a couple more months they'll be showing every inch of everything in an ad and ruin all the surprises, like showing the Elsa scene from Frozen Ever After in every commercial for Walt Disney World.

These are just glimpses. When this place is actually opening they'll give away the farm. They always do.

Exactly. This is just like those ads for Diagon where they showed playgrounds empty and such.

It does look like a series of short ads for just a peak inside. Interested to see what the remaining ads will look like.

Disney is giving us what they think we want, instead of what we don't know we want yet.
because we were all breaking down Disney's doorsteps with pitchforks asking for a lands based off of "Avatar" before they announced it.

exactly. It's acting like this is something we "want" to do. When we don't really know what they are even referring to. It's not like Potter or Star Wars where we have some frame of reference to get excited about.

exactly. It's acting like this is something we "want" to do. When we don't really know what they are even referring to. It's not like Potter or Star Wars where we have some frame of reference to get excited about.

Agreed, for me it's coming off they're assuming we know everything about Avatar and they can just make a vague little reference and we know what they're talking about and we'll be excited for it. Thing is, we don't. Especially with them creating their own story for this land which goes against what the film tried to explain, so we really don't know the nitty gritty about this land.

Marketing really is treating this like their equivilant of Potter, though it's just not connecting the same way.

Reactions: Eckert
Marketing really is treating this like their equivilant of Potter, though it's just not connecting the same way.
Which, still, begs the question: how tense are they about this? And if they're this oblivious of the actual relevance of Avatar with the marketing, are they going to try and capitalize on this sort "connection" and understanding of the property in the land itself?

Which, still, begs the question: how tense are they about this? And if they're this oblivious of the actual relevance of Avatar with the marketing, are they going to try and capitalize on this sort "connection" and understanding of the property in the land itself?

There's going to be some pretty poor choices on display during softs, methinks, that may or may not be immediately changed.

There's going to be some pretty poor choices on display during softs, methinks, that may or may not be immediately changed.

Considering Joe and Cameron presented the land as some sort of role play during the D23 weekend which confused the hell outta' everyone, and the fact CM's have to learn (and straight up teach) the Navi language...that should be a good hint on choices/directions to come.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like the commercials. If I wasn't a dedicated theme park study, these short snippets would still pique my curiosity and entice me to visit. Looks beautiful & exotic to me, and seems to be a perfect fit for Animal Kingdom. I give Disney a thumbs up :thumbsup: for these first two short ads.

Considering Joe and Cameron presented the land as some sort of role play during the D23 weekend which confused the hell outta' everyone, and the fact CM's have to learn (and straight up teach) the Navi language...that should be a good hint on choices/directions to come.

tumblr_oe9kwrvhUz1s01gwto1_500.gif

im not going to over analyze these short snippets. They ve produced three of these already so im assuming we will see a lot more as we move through the next few months. I think they re fine for what they are i liked the NRJ one the best because it actually is footage from the land. Im assuming as commercials get ramped up the focus will be on
1.The rides
2.Floating Mtns
3.Night life

Status
Not open for further replies.