Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Pandora: The World of Avatar Announcement, Construction, & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To counter, I'm concerned because of the reliance on CGI rather than showcasing the land itself.

That speaks to a general mindset which I suspect will be present in the land as well.

Its still 3 months away, so outside of one or two still angles, they aren't going to be able to showcase the land itself

Reactions: fryoj
Hearing hotel bookings are down year over year 10% this summer and Avatar hasn't been registering with potential guests. Outside of the Disneyana and DVC crowd hitting the first few months this isn't sounding good.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hearing hotel bookings are down year over year 10% this summer and Avatar hasn't been registering with potential guests. Outside of the Disneyana and DVC crowd hitting the first few months this isn't sounding good.

I wonder how much of this is due to Avatar not hitting off and how much is political, upcharge, economic, or vacation trends.

Tourism projections for all of USA are down. It's the Trump effect.
This is what I was hinting at, but I can't find a good source for this.

I've got an international site saying that worldwide tourism trends are looking good for 2017 (could cover up USA). Then, I've got a hotel outlook saying there's a very mild expected uptick in hotel stays in the USA (so much business travel that this says nothing for tourism).

And then there's a couple industry sites that are obviously going to say how rosy 2017 looks for Orlando. Anybody found anything concrete to prove the Trump effect?

If Ive learned anything about Trump so far- is you can find two stories to fit whatever the heck you want to believe. So if youd like to believe tourism is going to be booming, I can find you a dozen articles. If you want to believe tourism is going to be terrible, I can find you another dozen articles.
I'd recommend people should comment on 2017's tourism in 2018. :)

This is what I was hinting at, but I can't find a good source for this.

I've got an international site saying that worldwide tourism trends are looking good for 2017 (could cover up USA). Then, I've got a hotel outlook saying there's a very mild expected uptick in hotel stays in the USA (so much business travel that this says nothing for tourism).

And then there's a couple industry sites that are obviously going to say how rosy 2017 looks for Orlando. Anybody found anything concrete to prove the Trump effect?
I can't remember for sure but the article I was reading was either the NY Times or Washington Post. Those are the two papers I read like 90% of the time. If I remember correctly they were saying a 7 to 10% dip. WDW is one of those resorts that relies considerably on foreign tourists, as does Sea World Orlando (SeaWorld's own execs. say one third of their attendance is foreign tourists). Of course, just a guess that it may be one of the factors contributing to WDW's lack of bookings. There are probably many others, as we've discussed in other threads. But as Andy Sol says, we won't know for sure until next year when the numbers are in.

Reactions: Joel
I wonder if this will lead to overseas operators (Virgin, BA, and the tour operator I can't remember) to offer deals on flights? Between the pound sinking and the increased vetting of entrants maybe there will be some killer deals like 2009 pricing.

ok, so what happens when he takes those earrings out? Does his ear just like hang like putty?

sorry, I'd talk about the content of that video, but there really wasn't any content other than some weird boardroom pitch out of Mad Men. "This thing is exactly like this other thing, but it's actually not!"

Reactions: Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.