Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 132 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is my understanding that the plan is to alternate TS locations depending on the time of year and the likelihood Mummy needs the extra queue space, like Spring Break time.

So that’s probably why you aren’t seeing much effort.

I get that plan, but they pretty much need that queue most days now. All of the "busy seasons" are aligned with a Tribute Store. HHN gets crowded and Mummy was constantly overflowing during last year's event, etc.

Unless they are planning on having 2 tribute stores (one main one and one focused on IPs?) and save one of the queue rooms for Mummy?

It is my understanding that the plan is to alternate TS locations depending on the time of year and the likelihood Mummy needs the extra queue space, like Spring Break time.

Are you assuming that the HHN Tribute Store will be back in this location?

Are you assuming that the HHN Tribute Store will be back in this location?

I wouldn't be surprised.

I get that plan, but they pretty much need that queue most days now. All of the "busy seasons" are aligned with a Tribute Store. HHN gets crowded and Mummy was constantly overflowing during last year's event, etc.

Unless they are planning on having 2 tribute stores (one main one and one focused on IPs?) and save one of the queue rooms for Mummy?

There's a big difference between "No Slow Days" and "Peak, Busy Days". Horror Nights season is dead during the daytime. Last year, the Mummy wasn't completely ready; but they needed it for HHN - which is why you saw such massive crowds and wait times.

There's a big difference between "No Slow Days" and "Peak, Busy Days". Horror Nights season is dead during the daytime. Last year, the Mummy not being completely ready; but they needed it for HHN - which is why you saw such massive crowds and wait times.

During the day they don't need it, but during HHN they absolutely need it. The queue last year was only able to hold 30 minutes of queue (if the ride doesn't go down). They exaggerated wait times for it since they needed to move people elsewhere in the park (and the occasional tech issue).

HHN had capacity issues and I'm sure Universal wished they had that extended queue setup to absorb some of the crowds.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
During the day they don't need it, but during HHN they absolutely need it. The queue last year was only able to hold 30 minutes of queue (if the ride doesn't go down). They exaggerated wait times for it since they needed to move people elsewhere in the park (and the occasional tech issue).

HHN had capacity issues and I'm sure Universal wished they had that extended queue setup to absorb some of the crowds.

Again though, we're ignoring the soft opening aspect of Mummy last year. It was fine during 28, 29, and 30.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

While I can appreciate that, it would nice to see a little more effort than switchbacks in rooms with totally bare walls. With the tribute stores, we've seen how quickly they can throw temporary themed elements together, and I have to believe that there could (and should) be some thematic elements in that extended queue space.

Considering the queue that it ends up becomming this is a bit embarrassing. I’m not saying anything elaborate is needed but this can be more.

While I can appreciate that, it would nice to see a little more effort than switchbacks in rooms with totally bare walls. With the tribute stores, we've seen how quickly they can throw temporary themed elements together, and I have to believe that there could (and should) be some thematic elements in that extended queue space.

I guess it depends on who cuts the checks. For 2-3 weeks of usage, some people would argue differently. I expected them to kinda revert to the original look, though.

Even back then the queue couldn't hold enough to make an impact on spreading out crowds. HHN attendance has increased tremendously since then and they need all of the capacity they can get.

And The Tribute Store needs the room, too. If needed during HHN, the Mummy can use the courtyard for Hell Week. This year, I'd expect Mummy to run a lot better, and hopefully, a hurricane doesn't cut a much-needed lagoon show again.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
And The Tribute Store needs the room, too. If needed during HHN, the Mummy can use the courtyard for Hell Week. This year, I'd expect Mummy to run a lot better, and hopefully, a hurricane doesn't cut a much-needed lagoon show again.

With the Hollywood store location, they could theoretically create 2 tribute stores and only utilize the first 2 rooms in the NY section, leaving mummy with additional queue space.

I know this a boring topic to discuss, but it's a very slow Monday.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
With the Hollywood store location, they could theoretically create 2 tribute stores and only utilize the first 2 rooms in the NY section, leaving mummy with additional queue space.

I know this a boring topic to discuss, but it's a very slow Monday.
This actually wouldn't be the worst idea if it was possible.

Rode this today for the first time since coming out of refurbishment. It was…okay. There still seem to be some timing issues, with everything starting JUST late enough to notice but not enough to make it seem like a genuine error or glitch. The only thing I noticed that was new was the animation in the turntable room…but you couldn’t really notice it because it didn’t trigger until well after we started rotating.

Ride itself is still great, but was a little surprised to feel a good amount of rattle (not rough, just not “smooth”). The annoying abrupt stops are still as abrupt as I remember from before.

In all, I don’t really see what justified such a long closure. I kind of imagine this whole thing was like when you forget to save or accidentally delete a project and have to start from scratch…you KNOW where everything is supposed to go and are 99% sure of how to replicate everything, but there’s always something not quite right with the second version. I gotta think them tinkering with it to get it back to that original timing was what took the bulk of time in the refurb before UO finally said screw it, it’s not worth keeping it closed over (which, FWIW, is a decision I’d agree with 100% if that actually was the case).

Rode this today for the first time since coming out of refurbishment. It was…okay. There still seem to be some timing issues, with everything starting JUST late enough to notice but not enough to make it seem like a genuine error or glitch. The only thing I noticed that was new was the animation in the turntable room…but you couldn’t really notice it because it didn’t trigger until well after we started rotating.

Ride itself is still great, but was a little surprised to feel a good amount of rattle (not rough, just not “smooth”). The annoying abrupt stops are still as abrupt as I remember from before.

In all, I don’t really see what justified such a long closure. I kind of imagine this whole thing was like when you forget to save or accidentally delete a project and have to start from scratch…you KNOW where everything is supposed to go and are 99% sure of how to replicate everything, but there’s always something not quite right with the second version. I gotta think them tinkering with it to get it back to that original timing was what took the bulk of time in the refurb before UO finally said screw it, it’s not worth keeping it closed over (which, FWIW, is a decision I’d agree with 100% if that actually was the case).
Wish the turntable lighting would be fixed. It used to be pitch black and very convincing. Also, why are some of the Mummy figures missing swords?

Reactions: gator
Anyone know the last time the Imhotep animatronic in the opening scene was actually working since the refurb finished? Went a few weeks ago and again this week, both times it was in "B-mode" with the projection on the closed coffin. I didn't think they had done a ton to that specifically, seems disappointing for the ride been in "tech rehearsal" for so long only for more problems to appear than there were previously.