Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's January 3rd, 2023 and Revenge of the Mummy is still in "technical rehearsal." :tired: Did park operations just forget or are they still actually working on it? I know it's just a technicality at this point but it's still kind of embarrassing no?
I actually entertained this thought too, what if Uni forgot they never officially opened it lol

I think this will officially open this month or early February, I honestly feel they just decided to keep this in extended soft opening in order to avoid a rush that comes with an official opening.

It's January 3rd, 2023 and Revenge of the Mummy is still in "technical rehearsal." :tired: Did park operations just forget or are they still actually working on it? I know it's just a technicality at this point but it's still kind of embarrassing no?
What's funny is the ride is not (from our perspective) in technical rehearsal the same way a brand new ride is

They're simply tinkering here and there

As far as the average guest is concerned, the ride is functional

I mean if there's any ride that should be in eternal technical rehearsals it's Reign of Kong

Are they still having problems with the drop track section. Wait times seem a tad higher than in the past, even on slower attendance days. That would limit the number of coaster trains.

Reactions: anihilnation
Are they still having problems with the drop track section. Wait times seem a tad higher than in the past, even on slower attendance days. That would limit the number of coaster trains.

I believe one of them has been down these past few days now (planned or unplanned, no idea).

Hagrid would be a capacity monster if it didn't have so many issues.

I believe one of them has been down these past few days now (planned or unplanned, no idea).

Hagrid would be a capacity monster if it didn't have so many issues.
That would explain the outrageous waits for it at the moment, I imagine that's a huge loss of capacity.

Interesting tidbit, but apparently people freak out if they get stuck at the bottom of the drop track, thinking another train could just land on top of the them.

Rode twice today, issues both times. Major issue on the first ride was getting stuck right before the turntable after the reverse section, resulting in our car missing the entire projection sequence and then backing up to turn around in silence. Second ride had a few minor issues, mainly the first Imhotep animatronic in B mode. A little disappointed since this is past it’s original official reopening date, and I thought other rides in the park looked better than I’ve see in a long time (E.T. and MIB, surprisingly). Still a great attraction.

Rode twice today, issues both times. Major issue on the first ride was getting stuck right before the turntable after the reverse section, resulting in our car missing the entire projection sequence and then backing up to turn around in silence. Second ride had a few minor issues, mainly the first Imhotep animatronic in B mode. A little disappointed since this is past it’s original official reopening date, and I thought other rides in the park looked better than I’ve see in a long time (E.T. and MIB, surprisingly). Still a great attraction.

ET?!? :bigeye:

Mummy worked for me 2 days ago, and was very fluid. I don't know how you can compare that to ET's state.
Don’t get me wrong, E.T. could be in much much much better shape, but I saw improvement since my last visit while with Mummy I saw regression, which is disappointing since it was closed for a while. Maybe I just caught it on a bad day.

Edit: Definitely better today

Last edited: