Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

I doubt Mummy will just leave next year....I bet it stays closer to when DK opens if not after that for a little

I wouldn't trust the grinch rumor and this dude. We know The Mummy is leaving and the most obvious choice is an E-Ticket replacement. I feel as though theme park rumors are very easy to circulate.

For your information my sources are 100 percent legit and there’s a great amount of people that know I’m reliable when it comes to this.

For your information my sources are 100 percent legit and there’s a great amount of people that know I’m reliable when it comes to this.
"I was confirmed that USH plan is to open Secret life of Pets this year. The next couple months will be interesting to see how fast they work on this project!"
-March 27th, 2019

I could also post vague information and say things like "Oh yeah an expansion to the lower lot is happening" to any person who looks at these boards would have the same idea. Also your other information is just what other insiders/leakers say and then you confirm it?

Removed after SNW opens. So, no matter what, you’re right as long as it doesn’t get removed before SNW opens.

USH will need Mummy to help with SNW crowds. I don’t expect anything to happen until 2025 at the earliest.

Last edited:
Can we please not get into the whole lets take Transformers out too discussion again?
If ever there was a park that needs more attractions it's USH. They seem to realise this at the moment hence 'new' additions rather than all replacements.

News of Mummy going is nothing new, it was pretty much confirmed in the last 5 year plan when they earmarked the 6 soundstages behind it for theme park expansion.

Closing it before the end of 2022 would make no sense and I'd bet that a fast tracked DKC expansion will go the other side of SNW and not where Mummy is located.

Last edited:
Closing it before the end of 2022 would make no sense and I'd bet that a fast tracked DKC expansion will go the ther side of SNW and not where Mummy is located.

I don’t think a single person was saying that DKC would go where Mummy is or that it's gonna close anytime in the immediate future. In terms of what Chris Galindo said, for instance, it was that DKC would be fast-tracked in its planned expansion place so that Mummy could be replaced by something else when DKC is up and running so that the park wouldn't lose having only thrill coaster in operation.

I don’t think a single person was saying that DKC would go where Mummy is or that Mummy would close anytime soon. In terms of what Chris Galindo said, for instance, it was that DKC would be fast-tracked in its planned expansion place so that Mummy could be replaced by something else when DKC is up and running so that the park wouldn't lose having only thrill coaster in operation.

So basically Its staying until at least 2024 then, as no way DK opens before then.

When the Mummy's curse is finally broken & it does actually close... I have one wish

Just give us one last experience with the original "fiery" finale. Flip the switch to turn on those 17 year old effects!

I was hoping they take down those stages later these year giving them around a year and a half or two to finish it

I think the question stems right now on when the reamaining Red Sea soundstages get built; as they're meant for the Olympics.

I'd assume if Donkey Kong Country is going to be the next major project, that they'd begin to work on ensuring they only lose one soundstage with the removal of Soundstages 20-16.

Is it just me, or does it seem like at least once a year a new rumor about mummy being taken out floats around? Feels like its been an annual occurence for at the very least like half a decade now.
Comcast acquired NBC Universal in 2013 and I'm pretty sure the next day people were like, "Waylp, they're getting rid of The Mummy in Hollywood." I'm sure there's been a target of some kind on its back all these years but idk, The Mummy feels sorta unkillable to me at this point lol. I mean, not literally -- it obviously won't last forever, and I think USH has tried a couple times to get the wheels moving toward something new. But it's evaded the chopping block for so long!