Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Comcast acquired NBC Universal in 2013 and I'm pretty sure the next day people were like, "Waylp, they're getting rid of The Mummy in Hollywood." I'm sure there's been a target of some kind on its back all these years but idk, The Mummy feels sorta unkillable to me at this point lol. I mean, not literally -- it obviously won't last forever, and I think USH has tried a couple times to get the wheels moving toward something new. But it's evaded the chopping block for so long!
USH’s Mummy = UOR’s KidZone

No! I’d rather lose Transformers. I am not prepared to forfeit my leg-ticklers. :(

Speaking of leg-ticklers, now that the park is open again someone should extensively photo-document the ride vehicles and demonstrate to the Floridians what Mummy leg-ticklers look like.

I rode Mummy yesterday and can report there were NO leg ticklers.

Also, I wanna say I love this version. It’s dark, claustrophobic, and creepy as hell (all those red eyes at the beginning). Totally forgot it has an actual backwards section of the roller coaster track. Maybe it’s because I’ve only been on it twice, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time I rode Orlando’s.

may be the train you were on. Rode it twice the other day and both times had leg ticklers.

Also, I wanna say I love this version. It’s dark, claustrophobic, and creepy as hell (all those red eyes at the beginning). Totally forgot it has an actual backwards section of the roller coaster track. Maybe it’s because I’ve only been on it twice, but I enjoyed it much more than the last time I rode Orlando’s.

I’m really shocked to hear this. I think Tim Tracker even said he prefers USH’s Mummy. I guess I’m one of the few who thinks Orlando’s is far superior.

I’m really shocked to hear this. I think Tim Tracker even said he prefers USH’s Mummy. I guess I’m one of the few who thinks Orlando’s is far superior.
I agree with you. The scale, story, animatronics, coaster, airtime, fire-effects, and everything is better in Orlando. If Hollywood closes we should get their vehicles to finally get those leg ticklers. I just hope that the Orlando version isn’t next

The leg ticklers on Mummy have always been about 50/50 for me. I've ridden it twice since the park has reopened, and once I had leg ticklers, and once I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've also noticed that in general, Florida thinks Hollywood's Mummy is better (as we do have a much better backwards section, and I'd argue our pacing is better than Orlando), and Hollywood tends to think Orlando is better (much more and superior set pieces, and the uphill launch is insane... but the section after the fake exit is really weak, and really kills the pacing. Also has so many set pieces, it seems like it takes forever before anything even happens).

The leg ticklers on Mummy have always been about 50/50 for me. I've ridden it twice since the park has reopened, and once I had leg ticklers, and once I didn't. :shrug:

I've also noticed that in general, Florida thinks Hollywood's Mummy is better (as we do have a much better backwards section, and I'd argue our pacing is better than Orlando), and Hollywood tends to think Orlando is better (much more and superior set pieces, and the uphill launch is insane... but the section after the fake exit is really weak, and really kills the pacing. Also has so many set pieces, it seems like it takes forever before anything even happens).

As a Californian who prefers to go to USH, I think the FL version is much more superior in terms of the longevity of the ride. However, I dislike the FL story version where you lost in the movie set to some mummy curse rather than actually exploring the temple as an adventurer. That's why I admire the Singapore version where it's like USH in terms of storytelling, but the FL version in terms of the ride's time length.

I definitely agree with the story telling aspect being much better than the pseudo movie set. Yes, I do love Orlando’s fire effects and the airtime, but Hollywood’s seems darker. There were moments of pitch blackness where I couldn’t see the track. It’s just a better Mummy ride.

I definitely agree with the story telling aspect being much better than the pseudo movie set. Yes, I do love Orlando’s fire effects and the airtime, but Hollywood’s seems darker. There were moments of pitch blackness where I couldn’t see the track. It’s just a better Mummy ride.

I have no idea why UC decided to go with the movie set storyline in FL instead of being actually like the 1st and 2nd Mummy movies where you actually explore the temple as an adventurer like USH and USS versions. It just doesn't feel as adventurous in the FL version when you realize the fictional setting is being filmed.

I have no idea why UC decided to go with the movie set storyline in FL instead of being actually like the 1st and 2nd Mummy movies where you actually explore the temple as an adventurer like USH and USS versions. It just doesn't feel as adventurous in the FL version when you realize the fictional setting is being filmed.

Totally agree That ruins the magic for me.

I'd also go further and say I wish USH Mummy had the same 'real' exterior as USS:
43481829634_23c3740458_b.jpgRevenge-of-the-Mummy-Universal-Studios-Singaporemust-try-rides-in-universal-studios-singapore-3.jpg

I am pleased to report leg-ticklers a-twirling on my recent visit. Ride looked to be in great shape. If it closes, it had better be for something really good.
Like I said in the SNW thread, whatever replaces Mummy has to be a coaster. It has to. Because USH is virtually coaster-barren, the GP is going to expect whatever replaces RotM to be a coaster. I don't care if the replacement is a really B.A. Jurassic World dark ride. If it's not a coaster, it's not a good replacement. The park really BADLY needs something at least a little more thrilling than Hippogriff.

Ideally, I would love what I proposed on this thread earlier about a Taron-style coaster as I feel that's the most-realistic. If it has to be an entirely indoor coaster, okay fine. They can still make a descent thrill ride that's all indoors (Like something a little more thrilling than Orlando's Mummy).

I am sure of one thing: RotM's departure is not going to be a popular move. I would expect a ton of pushback being so many people still love this ride.