Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
IIRC GSATs have indicated that guest satisfaction goes up with the clapping. It's a bit difficult to do for Forbidden Journey I guess because you don't really have the row of ops standing in place doing the thumbs up and whatnot like on the Lower Lot rides

True. It wouldn't have the same effect if there's only one person clapping. Haha.

IIRC GSATs have indicated that guest satisfaction goes up with the clapping. It's a bit difficult to do for Forbidden Journey I guess because you don't really have the row of ops standing in place doing the thumbs up and whatnot like on the Lower Lot rides

I think another element of this is that all the lower lot rides have large groups of people exiting simultaneously. On FL or SLOP, it'd would be just a small group of 4 exiting at a time, which would make clapping a bit more socially awkward.

I do think the kings of clapping at the end of the ride is Cedar Point. That park has such an energy, and guests are always clapping enthusiastically after each major ride. I've really seen nothing like it before, and I suspect it's from years of encouraging that culture. I also suspect the fact that Cedar Point is only a seasonal park makes every ride there a bit more meaningful, as for many of the guests there, this is part of an annual vacation/pilgrimage that can only be taken at certain times of the year--making it all the more special.

I've also noticed that in addition to Universal, SFMM has been trying to build this culture by always asking, "How was that ride?" after every train returns. But it's usually only met with tepid response--I suspect for a variety of reasons. 1) it's not in the park culture, 2) guests can visit anytime throughout the year, so the park doesn't have that time window element Cedar Point does, and 3) a lot of times, guests were just sitting on the track for ages before entering the unload (think of Full Throttle in 2 train ops), and the enthusiasm has already waned by then.

Last edited:
Despite riding it five different times across two different days, it wasn’t until this comment that I realized that not once in any of them was I ever put on the right side. All my rides have been on the left track. I planned on not going for a while in the wake of the grand opening, but now I feel like I should go during a weekday here soon just to try and take on the challenge of getting to ride the right side…
I guess as a small heads up, but I think I found the right side a smidge harder for if you're going for the "Don't hit Team Mario" achievement, since at one point in that one, before the underwater section, Yoshi moves in front of the Kart after some Koopalings pass you, and I kept accidentally hitting Yoshi when I was trying to hit the Koopalings.

I guess as a small heads up, but I think I found the right side a smidge harder for if you're going for the "Don't hit Team Mario" achievement, since at one point in that one, before the underwater section, Yoshi moves in front of the Kart after some Koopalings pass you, and I kept accidentally hitting Yoshi when I was trying to hit the Koopalings.
I also "accidentally" hit Yoshi when playing Mario World. Yeah, totally on accident.

For anyone who went yesterday or Saturday, how were the wait times/experience around the park other than SNW? I saw the virtual passes for SNW lingered for quite a while instead of drying up immediately, which is nice. That said, I'm being asked to go this upcoming weekend despite my desire to avoid the crowd surge in SNW's wake, and I'm waffling, but if the rest of the park isn't that much wilder than a typical February weekend, I might go.

My understanding (and anecdotal observations of app-reported wait times support this) is that the park has been relatively manageable aside from Super Nintendo World.

Reactions: highdefrex
My understanding (and anecdotal observations of app-reported wait times support this) is that the park has been relatively manageable aside from Super Nintendo World.
I’m at the park now and I can also attest to this. Waited about 35 min around 12:30 when the line was posted at 75 min. Unfortunately by the time I got down there, reservations for Toadstool was almost gone. They only had 8:00 PM slots which I’m not gonna stay for. Kinda disappointing as I really wanted to try the short rib. Other than that, crowds felt just slightly more heavy than the softs. It’s pretty reasonable for opening week.

Reactions: BriefCasey
I’m at the park now and I can also attest to this. Waited about 35 min around 12:30 when the line was posted at 75 min. Unfortunately by the time I got down there, reservations for Toadstool was almost gone. They only had 8:00 PM slots which I’m not gonna stay for. Kinda disappointing as I really wanted to try the short rib. Other than that, crowds felt just slightly more heavy than the softs. It’s pretty reasonable for opening week.
Can you see if the grand opening merch is still there? I might be going within the next two days in hopes of getting the stuff, since I'm wondering how long it could last.

Since this is a new land with an IP new to universal, I'm wondering if it might not last a month, since while Jurassic World's GO shirts lasted a while, it was just a ride retheme of an established IP, so I get the feeling things are different.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list that breaks down all the achievable stamps? I realize some are things like "Beat Bowser Jr. three times" and the like, but there's a lot that say, "Collect a Super Leaf power-up", "Get the Super Bell", "Get the Super Acorn", etc. And I'm like, what the heck are those? "Beat Goomba Crazy Crank with a bonus".... what bonus?

I also understand there's a separate page for Mario Kart stamps, but the other two pages list stamps for "Super Mario Land" and "Super Nintendo World"... what's the difference? There's got to be a webpage or video explaining all this

Does anyone have a comprehensive list that breaks down all the achievable stamps? I realize some are things like "Beat Bowser Jr. three times" and the like, but there's a lot that say, "Collect a Super Leaf power-up", "Get the Super Bell", "Get the Super Acorn", etc. And I'm like, what the heck are those? "Beat Goomba Crazy Crank with a bonus".... what bonus?

I also understand there's a separate page for Mario Kart stamps, but the other two pages list stamps for "Super Mario Land" and "Super Nintendo World"... what's the difference? There's got to be a webpage or video explaining all this

the latter seems to give the implication that at least one more land is coming.

I saw it toady, honestly kinda wish they just had the logo with grand opening under it on the shirt
Yeah, otherwise it looks like stuff they could reprint at a moment's notice. I know it might not be reliable, but any words from TMs on how long they expect them to last?