Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not me nervously checking this thread every time there's a new notification that all this talk of success is going to trigger another cycle of several pages' worth of why Universal hasn't already decimated everything else on the Lower Lot to add four or five more Nintendo expansions.

That said, the success is great -- I had friends from out of state take their kid yesterday and they spent like five hours just in SNW, and they texted me after they got back to their hotel about how much fun they (and the little one) had had even in spite of the massive crowd, with all three of them having gotten the bands.

Last edited:
Nintendo Land's Version of the Butter Beer profit driver. Universal has hit it big twice, it seems......And then there's Disney with Laflou's apple juice, and that Avatar creature on the shoulder whose sales died after a few weeks/months.....
Bands should be able to pay for the Donkey Kong attraction, for sure.

Nintendo Land's Version of the Butter Beer profit driver. Universal has hit it big twice, it seems......And then there's Disney with Laflou's apple juice, and that Avatar creature on the shoulder whose sales died after a few weeks/months.....
Bands should be able to pay for the Donkey Kong attraction, for sure.
I think Toadstool will be a bigger hit than Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron as well, land is a banger.

I've heard some extremely impressive figures about how much revenue the Nintendo-focused stores are generating *outside* the land, *before* it officially opened.
Inside the land or outside, I'm just waiting until someone makes an SNW version of this type of gif, since that's really what this land seems to be doing.
gif.gif

Finding that gif again does remind me though, that the land was technically one of the last things the late Satoru Iwata ever worked on, as I'm pretty sure he was the one who gave the green light on the land after a trip to Universal once. First we had the Switch and now this.

Inside the land or outside, I'm just waiting until someone makes an SNW version of this type of gif, since that's really what this land seems to be doing.
gif.gif

Finding that gif again does remind me though, that the land was technically one of the last things the late Satoru Iwata ever worked on, as I'm pretty sure he was the one who gave the green light on the land after a trip to Universal once. First we had the Switch and now this.

We need @Scott W. here up with Woodbury and Miyamoto in this sect.
___
Genuinely nuts that it's taken a decade for them to have as much of a shattering success like how Transformers: The Ride 3D did for the Hollywood park. And in the best ways. Hoping this means we're one step closer to finally having that hotel at the park.

I got to the park today at 12:45 and was able to secure a reservation for 3:40-4:10. Did the single rider for Mario Kart and got on in just under an hour. I think I need to ride it a few more times to really form an opinion. My first reaction is I’m not sure if I liked it or hated it. Definitely didn’t love it or didn't blow me away which is a shame considering the hype, money spent and time it took to put this attraction together. Not even close to the level of Rise of the Resistance but wasn’t expecting that going in. I think the VR aspect threw me off. Again, I need to ride it again to really form an opinion but first impression I’m disappointed.

The land aspect I thought it looks really nice but as everyone has said it’s small. I didn’t get the band which maybe I will one day when my daughter is old enough (she’s 8 weeks old). I did notice and probably nitpicking but from the single rider from Mario Kart you can clearly see that that Toadstool hat was glued on for the front of the cafe.

Reactions: Clive and belloq87
So with Mario Kart reaching 120+min waits every day, is the line actually going through the entire queue? Even the extended “outdoor” pink upper and lower sections?

So with Mario Kart reaching 120+min waits every day, is the line actually going through the entire queue? Even the extended “outdoor” pink upper and lower sections?

Good question that I hope to get an answer to soon. My assessment is that they're taking a sort of Hagrid/Rise of the Resistance approach in that they are building anticipated downtime into the wait estimate.

Reactions: Ron101
I honestly can’t wait for the paid hour to go away

you literally can’t go on MK with a 90 min wait even when the park opens because of the people already in the land.

but money wise yeah this is what I’ve been talking about for years and why I push for more Nintendo.

On Tuesday, the line extended all the way to the land's entrance pipe (eventually running perpendicular to the line from Toadstool Cafe).