Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Once again not against maps but close to 99 percent of people going to the parks have phones
WiFi is proved to help as well

I’m honestly impressed USH offers printed tickets for SLOP and SNW because at Disneyland if you don’t have a smart phone you can’t see WOC or use genie plus
The not being able to see WOC part is untrue. Go to the 10:15 showing and there's always plenty of room. I had a VQ for WOC for example for the 10:15 showing on my recent trip. Dead middle, exactly where I wanted to be. They weren't even scanning VQs and it had been decently crowded during the day. I've certainly been when it's busier, but i've also never "needed" a Fastpass or VQ to see WOC whenever i've gotten one.

As for Genie+. What you are saying sounds correct on the surface, but I do wonder, if you were to go to guest services and ask if you'd still be able to use it without a phone?

"But how do you use Genie+ if you don't have a phone?"

Well, DLR has Guest Service Kiosks in seemingly every land of the park, sometimes multiple per land. I wonder if you could buy it from them, have them attach it to a paper ticket used for entry and then any time you want to book a reservation you the Guest Service CMs could do it for you at the portable kiosks around the park? It's not ideal, but i'd imagine something like that could be done for people who don't have smart phones.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but a friend of mine is pestering me -- they just got to the park with family that had been dragging their feet, and apparently all the virtual queue slots are gone. Does anyone know if there's a chance the land tends to open freely in, say, the last hour or two before closing time once crowds start dying down? I guess they're gonna do what they can do -- WW, JW, etc. -- but only hang around until close if that's a possibility, otherwise they'll likely leave in a few hours, and they're asking me for the answer, ha.

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but a friend of mine is pestering me -- they just got to the park with family that had been dragging their feet, and apparently all the virtual queue slots are gone. Does anyone know if there's a chance the land tends to open freely in, say, the last hour or two before closing time once crowds start dying down? I guess they're gonna do what they can do -- WW, JW, etc. -- but only hang around until close if that's a possibility, otherwise they'll likely leave in a few hours, and they're asking me for the answer, ha.
Yes

Most nights the last hour or two they just open the land

I’ve walked in twice an hour before closing

Yes, when I went a small amount of reservations appeared in the afternoon which I was able to utilize. I recommend to keep checking the app constantly and the chances of eventually getting a return time are good.

It opens as early as 5pm on some nights

If they're willing to stay all day, the land will open with reservations generally around 6 or an hour or two before park closing.

Same thing with Pets: If that ride is only accepting VQ on the busy days, that ride will open to everyone about an hour before closing.

If they're willing to stay all day, the land will open with reservations generally around 6 or an hour or two before park closing.

Same thing with Pets: If that ride is only accepting VQ on the busy days, that ride will open to everyone about an hour before closing.
Yeah, they ended up staying and getting in the other night without a hitch, apparently. The only irony is that while they thought the land looked really cool at night, each and every one of them apparently thought, "That's it?" after riding Mario Kart and weren't sure if waiting all day had been worth it. Oof.

I am the only person who looks up things when they do somewhere?

We have tons of bloggers, reviews, the USH website.

I'm not defending the land, I've said it should have been bigger, had all the games, the Yoshi ride etc but it's so weird to me people spend money then go somewhere and aren't happy.
For example Im going to Disneyland this summer I didn't watch the full nighttime shows yet but sawe clips to know what to expect same with the Mickey mouse ride, Toontown etc.

Last edited:
It opened up at 3pm this past Sunday for everyone. Even though Mario Kart was a 2 hour wait, the rest of the land did not feel crowded at all. Maybe everyone was at Disneyland trying to get pictures of the dragon skeleton :smirk:

From Eric Oh, a small update: but the outside snack display is now selling healthy chips and KIND bars.

hopefully something more proper like Pit Stop Popcorn hits the area sooner than later

Hey it’s a start, but they really need that popcorn stand or better yet that Koopa Shell calzone stand. If you’re inside for your time slot on busy days, you’re not going to be able to eat anything substantial due to Toadstool getting booked up for the day.