Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 294 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Damn, I'm conflicted, and right on the day I was planning to try the tomato soup.

Speaking of, I don't think it was there at opening? Maybe this could be a possible sign that certain menu items from Japan may not be far behind, which would be really nice.

So apparently it's not just the soups that got an upcharge for being able to take home the custom plateware, Bowser's Fireball Challenge is now $30 with that same feature.
SPOILER_20230504_134026.jpg

They're also selling what appears to be a set of three of their plates for $20 as the collectible plateware set.
SPOILER_20230504_135049.jpg

I guess they must have figured out that they'll get more of them or something like that. Definitely something nice for any out of state tourists once the summer season hits.

Though as mentioned earlier, I hope they allow some kind of leeway with the existing dishes that got their prices upped because of it. 20 and 30 for the respective soups and Fireball Challenge items now feels steep.

Oh yeah, and they had surveyors at the land exit and I think it was the same link as before, cause I had to open an incognito window to take mine. Needless to say I sent them the same things I said here.

EDIT: Fixed my images.

Last edited:
So apparently it's not just the soups that got an upcharge for being able to take home the custom plateware, Bowser's Fireball Challenge is now $30 with that same feature.
View attachment 18806
(I don't know why it sent like that. It wasn't like that on my phone).

They're also selling what appears to be a set of three of their plates for $20 as the collectible plateware set.
SPOILER_20230504_135049.jpg

I guess they must have figured out that they'll get more of them or something like that. Definitely something nice for any out of state tourists once the summer season hits.

Though as mentioned earlier, I hope they allow some kind of leeway with the existing dishes that got their prices upped because of it. 20 and 30 for the respective soups and Fireball Challenge now items now feels steep.

Oh yeah, and they had surveyors at the land exit and I think it was the same link as before, cause I had to open an incognito window to take mine. Needless to say I sent them the same things I said here.
Interesting. Well I for sure hope they have options. I enjoyed the Fireball dish but not for 30 bucks.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Yeah, but it costs more as a result, which I think is a double edged sword.

Also, they give you a question block paper container (similar to a Happy Meal Box) to hold it in alongside a bag for when you're done, so no need to worry much about the residue of the contents soiling your bag. Helps that the soups are placed in a tin shaped to the proportions of the bowl.

Last edited:
I will not be paying that much for a soup, or so I can carry around a bowl all day that I’d need to get back home with me in Canada. Nope. No. Gross.

Mark this as a rumor, but saw on Reddit that universal might have a new policy of not selling bands on weekends in the upper lot stores and Citywalk because some guests have complained that they didn’t know you had to be in the land to use the bands

No clue if it’s true I was there yesterday and the bands were still on display in the upper lot so, if anyone knows a TM they can ask and confirm or not

• Haha
Reactions: chris.g
So I'm finally gonna make use of early access on the 26th with some fellow Mario fan friends who will be experiencing this land for the very first time, and you think Mario Kart is less prone to backup load induced stalls when there's not as many people in line?

I really hope our ride goes as smoothly as it did for my first time during technical rehearsals and AP previews. Cause while I do remember getting some stall-less runs in my last visit, I think they were less than the times that it did stall, so I really hope that doesn't happen since I know firsthand that it can make the first time on a ride awkward at best. When I went on JW 2.0 in 2021, the ride broke down as soon as we reached the finale room, so my first look at the new Indo was a weird one aside from the added benefit of seeing it with lights on and seeing it reset.

Hopefully more options are added to this menu over time. While I am certainly willing to order food with the souvenir bowl at least once, I don't like the idea that it is a requirement. There should be alternate cheaper versions of these dishes without the special bowl/skillet. That seems to be standard at most other parks, at least from my experience.

Wholeheartedly agree. Made that abundantly clear on the survey I took that day as well. I hope they're in the process of getting ahold of non-special versions of the bowl and skillet. They could just swap them for generic plateware that matches the proportions and call it a day.

Otherwise, makes me wonder if these things could end up going on ebay for a different reason than one would usually expect. XP

Last edited: