The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to see them do a trackless dark ride in there. They need to expand the building to the back and make it interactive.
The story could go like this. You are a explorer and in your ride vehicle you explore the cave. During a few points in the ride a magical creature ask you what way you want to go. By pointing in the desired direction a Kinect (Xbox) like device looks and counts and the ride continues in the direction the most riders pointed (or takes a random direction if no one points). The ride could be very different because of that quite a few times you ride it. 2 or 3 decision point would be a huge difference. It would truly be the next step in dark ride entertainment. I would love for them keeping the vortex and expand on the whole mythical creatures theme. You could encounter a battle between a kraken and a hydra or Sues and Triton and explore Atlantis or get into an active underwater volcano.

Last edited:
Lost Continent is such a puzzle. I know something WILL happen there in the next few years, but not sure what. PF is always 30+ minutes, Mythos is packed and Sinbad is pretty popular. So these are things that will definitely be missed if they go. Also, before they even think about getting rid of either PF or Sinbad, they need to bring another show back to the Toon Lagoon theater. I think its ridiculous how long it has been sitting empty.

The details outside of PF are amazing. It would be perfect to turn into Kong with the 'temple' description we've been hearing. Too bad.

Water Vortex is great but frequently broken. Special effects and projections in the final scene of PF really need some work. Islands also desperately needs an E-ticket family ride. So converting to a dark ride is understandable. Something that toddlers and grandparents will love. High in the Sky Seuss trolley WOULD be perfect, but the height requirement is 40 inches, what a missed opportunity. Plus, the turnover on that ride is horrible and its too short.

But much better! All complete with launches cool elements. I look it at like this hulk and kraken are basically the same except hulk launches and this and atlantis are basically the same except this launches!

Coasters are the not the way to go. The park already has the Hulk, Dragon Challenge, and Flight of the Hippogriff.
I would agree if it was JUST a coaster, but if they were to build an Aquatrax, they could build something that is part dark ride, part coaster and part water ride which (aside from JTA) does not exist in Orlando. And, while I like JTA, it leaves a lot to be desired and to do it the right way, with immersive dark ride elements, a real coaster thrill as well as a good opportunity to get wet (which can never be underestimated in Orlando in summer) would be a home run.

I would agree if it was JUST a coaster, but if they were to build an Aquatrax, they could build something that is part dark ride, part coaster and part water ride which (aside from JTA) does not exist in Orlando. And, while I like JTA, it leaves a lot to be desired and to do it the right way, with immersive dark ride elements, a real coaster thrill as well as a good opportunity to get wet (which can never be underestimated in Orlando in summer) would be a home run.

Since LC will go to Potter...

Chamber of secrets aquatrax?

500px-Chamber.png

"But Duffles! Chamber of secrets is INSIDE hogwarts!"

Response

"And hogwarts is in Florida? And if thats the case... no Hogwarts great hall since it can't fit in Hogwarts!"

Exactly! Of dudley is in fact leaving, this would be a great replacement! Kinda with thrills in between hippogriff and hulk/dragons. Slow dark ride inside, launch and elements outside then back inside!

500px-Chamber.png

Honestly I don't think LC will become more Potter. I think they've hit the Potter saturation point with the addition of Diagon Alley. I would guess that either LC will get remodeled and expanded over time or some whole new theme will come to it. I think Universal likes building these smaller themed areas now. Unless suddenly more Potter books/movies show up I can't see more expansion of Potter...upgrades to what they have, but not MORE area dedicated to it.

500px-Chamber.png

"But Duffles! Chamber of secrets is INSIDE hogwarts!"

Response

"And hogwarts is in Florida? And if thats the case... no Hogwarts great hall since it can't fit in Hogwarts!"
So I guess you have decided for the park then huh?

LC wont be devoured by more potter. I personally think it's going to stay LC but it could be seuss retheme if they truly want to.

No more potter, get rid of Sinbad and put a ride

Yes, and it is way to early to say anything definitively about LC anyways. But if the were to get rid of Sinbad they would need a different show in that park, maybe in a different area like TL.

I'd rather see them get rid of PF and add a ride. But keep it's theme.

I went on PF every time I was there when it was the original story, but have only seen the new one a couple times before I stopped going thru. I am trying to think about how it is laid out, anyone happen to have the floorplans? :pray:

Update Sinbad, use the backstage space beside Poseidon for an expanded PF family dark ride and either a thrilling flat ride or clone of the Treasure Hunters ride in Singapore

I don't think this should actually be done, BUT, it would be cool to turn PF into a huge kid's play area/adventure. No show -- just explore at your own pace, like Camp Jurassic. What kid doesn't want to go explore an abandoned temple? Find secret rooms, solve mysteries, etc.