The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think this should actually be done, BUT, it would be cool to turn PF into a huge kid's play area/adventure. No show -- just explore at your own pace, like Camp Jurassic. What kid doesn't want to go explore an abandoned temple? Find secret rooms, solve mysteries, etc.

I'm 23 and I'd love that

I'm 23 and I'd love that

I am 34 and I second that! Every so often I go into the Jurassic Park playground with my daughter (she will be 10 in June) and I always love it, I just wish the caves were bigger.
A hidden temple playground, yes, would be amazing indeed :)

I think it has been mentioned already that there will be a potter phase 3 near 2020 for wild beast and where to find them in lc...

^If and when Lost Continent is replaced, it won't be for more Potter. Phrase 3 is fanboy speculation. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that London/Diagon Alley will be it for the boy wizard.

I loved the old LC; The Enchanted Oak, Dueling Dragons with its amazing entrance/queue, and some of the best theme park music ever, Merlin Woods Plaza! With that said, I hope the remaining LC stays intact. The themeing is amazing. I seriously doubt it will ever get a new ride, but at least keep it as is for the time being. I have fond memories in that area of the park.

^If and when Lost Continent is replaced, it won't be for more Potter. Phrase 3 is fanboy speculation. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that London/Diagon Alley will be it for the boy wizard.

I loved the old LC; The Enchanted Oak, Dueling Dragons with its amazing entrance/queue, and some of the best theme park music ever, Merlin Woods Plaza! With that said, I hope the remaining LC stays intact. The themeing is amazing. I seriously doubt it will ever get a new ride, but at least keep it as is for the time being. I have fond memories in that area of the park.

Correct... It has been said that if there is a phase 3 it will be enhancement to the current lands not large expansions

Poseidon's Fury has some...issues. I would not be surprised to see it be taken offline after the summer, if they can wait. In the meantime, I would not expect to see the vortex on a regular basis, maybe some other effects as well.

However, they should have the lasers back in the second room here shortly, as they've been installed and tested and are just waiting on approval to use them during the day. I really would like this attraction to stick around in general, although a rewrite to bring it closer to the original script and some projector upgrading would be very much appreciated. Still, it has been a little problematic on the back end, and I wonder how much they'll put into it if they have other ideas for the area.

Poseidon's Fury has some...issues. I would not be surprised to see it be taken offline after the summer, if they can wait. In the meantime, I would not expect to see the vortex on a regular basis, maybe some other effects as well.

However, they should have the lasers back in the second room here shortly, as they've been installed and tested and are just waiting on approval to use them during the day. I really would like this attraction to stick around in general, although a rewrite to bring it closer to the original script and some projector upgrading would be very much appreciated. Still, it has been a little problematic on the back end, and I wonder how much they'll put into it if they have other ideas for the area.

I hope they do put more love into it and make improvements. New video (and equipment?) would help the most, I think. Funny that lasers are what's being fixed / added back, since that's honestly my least favorite element in all of the effects. I feel like lasers feel too sci-fi futuristic, when this should feel more old world fantastical. If anything, I hope they focus as much as possible on the vortex, which is definitely my favorite element.

With Fantastic Beasts now becoming a 3 movie trilogy.......what does that do to its chances of becoming a new land and possibly taking over Lost Continent?

With Fantastic Beasts now becoming a 3 movie trilogy.......what does that do to its chances of becoming a new land and possibly taking over Lost Continent?

The number of movies was never a factor for me. It's been a 95% chance since it was announced, IMO. The 5% of questioning comes with box office numbers, but I think they'll be huge.

Learned some information last week that leads me to believe that LC will become Forbidden Forest before too long. Not only that, but some elements of Diagon got transferred to this hypothetical expansion, where they belong.
I will be sad to see elements of Poseidon go away, though.

Learned some information last week that leads me to believe that LC will become Forbidden Forest before too long. Not only that, but some elements of Diagon got transferred to this hypothetical expansion, where they belong.
I will be sad to see elements of Poseidon go away, though.

From what I have heard so far, you saying LC will become Forbidden forest and FFL area might become ministry of magic... thats just too much potter

From what I have heard so far, you saying LC will become Forbidden forest and FFL area might become ministry of magic... thats just too much potter
LC becoming Forbidden Forest is an actual plan, according to my source. Fear Factor becoming the MoM is just something I think would work. But yes, that would probably be overkill. I mean, it'd be an improvement over FFL, but so would any number of other NON-Potter projects.

LC becoming Forbidden Forest is an actual plan, according to my source. Fear Factor becoming the MoM is just something I think would work. But yes, that would probably be overkill. I mean, it'd be an improvement over FFL, but so would any number of other NON-Potter projects.

And by when would they begin with the forbidden forest plan? Im guessing a new Eticket to take over poseiden?

Maybe an HHN themed island with House Of Horrors. I know that belongs in the Studios but just a guess. :shrug:

Well some Horror movies are based off books, like Frankenstein and Dracula... so that could work if they theme it to some of those properties.

Yeah, I don't buy the LC remnants going for more Potter. However, I'd honestly welcome ANYTHING replacing Fear Factor. Heck, even a Smurfs musical would be better than Fear Factor (okay not really! :lol:).

Last edited:
Totally fine with the rest of LC getting consumed by Potter. I love the LC but the two areas feel too small compared to everything else, maybe that is just subliminal because I remember the size of the original LC.

I feel like I enjoy posidons fury for all the wrong reasons. It's like a really bad B movie with the finale being shot at a high school. Gorgeous scenery but that's about it. Honestly if they announced yesterday lost continent was leaving I wouldn't really care. A facade and mythos aren't enough to keep it around for me. Don't even get me started on that sinbad show. It's a former shell of the greatness that it was 14 years ago. For a replacement I'd go with something based on literature that can support the small space it has left. Wonka would've been amazing