The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 183 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, if we’re just speculating things, they could just move all of Hogsmeade twenty yards to the west and get more space as well.

The IoA property is defined by the perimeter road. It use to be structured (and @Alicia can probably confirm if it still is) so that Studios, IoA, and CityWalk were three different PROPERTIES with unique, definitive property lines. It was likely designed that way to avoid compounding taxes (if one area posted a profit and the posted a loss, for example). They were ostensibly, separate businesses and it’s why permits will have different addresses based on where work is happening.

That said, any expansion of either park beyond their perimeter is a big deal. The IoA ops building is part of IoA’s perimeter but everything else for that park is inside the perimeter road. Redrawing of property lines (even lines you own) has to go through city/county review, approval, and tax reappraisal. It won’t happen.
And like I said, getting recertification for emergency vehicles access roads is expensive permitting you don’t want to have to redo if you’re already fine with what you have. That’s a lot of hoops to jump through.

Maybe if they were cloning an attraction from somewhere else that has to be a certain size, it may be worth changing things around to accommodate it, but if you’re developing an attraction from scratch, you have the luxury of building around current available space and odd-shaped limitations.

Universal is pretty good at using the space they have. They even get pretty creative like they did with two stories for Transformers and adapting the tiny Twister space for Fallon. So I think they'll be fine with what they have. Plus PF has considerable outdoor space in front of the building. There's a lot to work with.
They also have mythos and some of the ‘secret’ paths around it like where the troll bridge is. If mythos is rethemed into a Zelda sit-down location and the bazaar becomes castle town, that’s a decent amount of space to work with when you include the sindbad stage and the PF show building.

Also if some multi-level concepts are used ala Shanghai Tomorrowland but Zelda-themed some more space might be saved.

I know we just got through discussing this, but Zelda is rumored to be a boat ride, correct? If it is, how do they fit a ride of that size into the Poseidons Fury or Sindbad plot? Boat rides need decent sized maintenance bays and water treatment areas. And why a boat ride specifically when IOA already has three different water rides?

I know we just got through discussing this, but Zelda is rumored to be a boat ride, correct? If it is, how do they fit a ride of that size into the Poseidons Fury or Sindbad plot? Boat rides need decent sized maintenance bays and water treatment areas. And why a boat ride specifically when IOA already has three different water rides?
Just a guess, but if they gut the land and those buildings, there’s tons of space for a massive show building. Space won’t be the problem here.

As for how the ride differs from the others, we may not really know yet. However, I suspect this will be very story based with minimal thrills, so the emphasis on either getting wet or having a big drop may make it more accessible to guests who may not love the aspects of those rides.

Reactions: IzzyB
Just a guess, but if they gut the land and those buildings, there’s tons of space for a massive show building. Space won’t be the problem here.
There's tons of space if they move or cross the service road. But if each of those two plots are remaining bound by that road, I think it would be a tight squeeze to get a boat ride (of decent length and with lots of sets) in there. But maybe they're planning to let the service road cut through the showbuilding somehow.

I'd like to see what the Pirates showbuilding looks like superimposed over the Poseidon showbuilding, just for a size comparison.

As for how the ride differs from the others, we may not really know yet. However, I suspect this will be very story based with minimal thrills, so the emphasis on either getting wet or having a big drop may make it more accessible to guests who may not love the aspects of those rides.
But if they're not moving the service road, the space for a large show showbuilding just isn't there. So how would they work around it?

There's tons of space if they move or cross the service road. But if each of those two plots are remaining bound by that road, I think it would be a tight squeeze to get a boat ride (of decent length and with lots of sets) in there. But maybe they're planning to let the service road cut through the showbuilding somehow.

I'd like to see what the Pirates showbuilding looks like superimposed over the Poseidon showbuilding, just for a size comparison.

That's why I questioned the removal of the warehouse behind PF. PF itself is a decent-sized building... but there's no queue space unless they build multiple levels. Unless they pull a railroad tunnel like at Magic Kingdom's Pirates for the access road, they are limiting themselves to a multi-level building utilizing the current PF plot.

Poseidon's Fury - 1.5 acres (including facade)

Pirates at MK - 2.0 acres
Frozen Ever After - 1.0 acres
Na'vi River - 0.8 acres
E.T. Adventure - 1.5 acres

I'd take a look back at this old Theme Park Stop article. It would be much more than just a boat ride when compared to JPRA/Ripsaw (if this concept was selected):

I'm far too lazy to superimpose, but do with this what you will lol.

View attachment 20023View attachment 20024
That's only 1/3 of Pirates, with the other half going under the railroad tunnel.

That's why I questioned the removal of the warehouse behind PF. PF itself is a decent-sized building... but there's no queue space unless they build multiple levels. Unless they pull a railroad tunnel like at Magic Kingdom's Pirates for the access road, they are limiting themselves to a multi-level building utilizing the current PF plot.

Na'vi River - 0.8 acres

That's only 1/3 of Pirates, with the other half going under the railroad tunnel.
Yeah, ignore that part of the post lol. Even noon is too early in the morning for me on a Monday.

I'd take a look back at this old Theme Park Stop article. It would be much more than just a boat ride when compared to JPRA/Ripsaw (if this concept was selected):

I believe that someone on here said that the concept got shot down a while back. I would love that though.

Reactions: Nico and mccgavin

Na'vi River - 0.8 acres

What if they just copied pirates and added a drop somewhere that would take riders beneath the service road like Disney did with the railroad?

Na'vi River - 0.8 acres

Jeez, I never realized how small Frozen is. Na'Vi too, but that ride has the benefit of sharing a building with another ride. Yeah, a boat ride could work then.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
The boat/not boat concept Alicia originally shared back in the day was a concept - I believe based on ride concept filings. Her more recent reporting of the last 3-6 months is that that is no longer on the table. It sounds like a boat ride.

When asked last week or the week before if Sinbads was going to be replaced with another show, Alicia said not another show.

She has also said she believes that they will work within the current perimeters.
Sometimes the most creative choices stem from having to work around strange restrictions, and unique land shapes is definitely one theme park designers are used to.

EDIT: Sorry for beating around the bush… I’m implying that I don’t think they’re moving the access road lol

You are all free to speculate on the boards. But if the initial rumor came from a poster, and that poster has since updated us both on the land perimeters and a newer rumored concept of the ride we should take that into account during discussion.

The boat/not boat concept Alicia originally shared back in the day was a concept - I believe based on ride concept filings. Her more recent reporting of the last 3-6 months is that that is no longer on the table. It sounds like a boat ride.

You are all free to speculate on the boards. But if the initial rumor came from a poster, and that poster has since updated us both on the land perimeters and a newer rumored concept of the ride we should take that into account during discussion.
I'm somehow totally out of the loop. That one's my bad.