The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 184 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The boat/not boat concept Alicia originally shared back in the day was a concept - I believe based on ride concept filings. Her more recent reporting of the last 3-6 months is that that is no longer on the table. It sounds like a boat ride.

When asked last week or the week before if Sinbads was going to be replaced with another show, Alicia said not another show.

She has also said she believes that they will work within the current perimeters.

You are all free to speculate on the boards. But if the initial rumor came from a poster, and that poster has since updated us both on the land perimeters and a newer rumored concept of the ride we should take that into account during discussion.
Hmm, if it's not a show perhaps it's another ride (or two if they're flats)? I'm not sure what else it could be, Zelda doesn't really have stuff to base mini games off of like Mario and Pokemon do. Maybe a modern Steeplechase attraction could work?

I'm somehow totally out of the loop. That one's my bad.
No worries! I’m a member of Alicia’s Patreon, so sometimes when she drops things here I have more context. Just wanted to update the thread with some of the things she’s posted here. No harm done!

Hmm, if it's not a show perhaps it's another ride (or two if they're flats)? I'm not sure what else it could be, Zelda doesn't really have stuff to base mini games off of like Mario and Pokemon do. Maybe a modern Steeplechase attraction could work?
This is a good question. I’m not sure. I’m between that land somehow getting included in a new ride or something else like a ropes course. But I truly have no inside knowledge on what that means.

Zelda doesn't really have stuff to base mini games off of like Mario and Pokemon do.
I mean, one of Zelda's defining features are puzzle-filled dungeons.

Not saying they can make a full-on escape room in the park (they couldn't even manage to make a good escape room in CityWalk!), but I could see a SNW-style set of interactive elements strung together to make a mock dungeon.

See the post above yours.

My message still stands. Universal is known to change its plans often, but until we get official permits/confirmation, I'd argue we're free to speculate on it. Not saying Alicia is wrong (never is), I just find it odd to strike the message down entirely from being discussed.

I mean, one of Zelda's defining features are puzzle-filled dungeons.

Not saying they can make a full-on escape room in the park (they couldn't even manage to make a good escape room in CityWalk!), but I could see a SNW-style set of interactive elements strung together to make a mock dungeon.
True, but what's the end goal? In Zelda games you get powers from the dungeons. Maybe certain effects can be activated across the land dependent on which power you have? Like an advanced version of the Potter wands. And instead of power up bands maybe you get a toy key?

True, but what's the end goal? In Zelda games you get powers from the dungeons. Maybe certain effects can be activated across the land dependent on which power you have? Like an advanced version of the Potter wands. And instead of power up bands maybe you get a toy key?
It could be themed to a Shieka/Zonai shrine from the more recent games, which just reward you with a little bauble. Could be that it's a "hero training shrine" or something like that.

How big is the boat ride for Kung Fu Panda at Beijing? Not the whole building for the indoor land, just the boat ride.

My message still stands. Universal is known to change its plans often, but until we get official permits/confirmation, I'd argue we're free to speculate on it. Not saying Alicia is wrong (never is), I just find it odd to strike the message down entirely from being discussed.

1. No mod shutdown speculation.
2. There's a fine line between speculation and blue sky. Speculation is basing an opinion with little information - and as Nico pointed out, the parameters of the rumor have changed. Speculate all you want, but we can't ignore the key parts. The discussion started veering into blue sky, which is completely separate from speculation.

2. There's a fine line between speculation and blue sky. Speculation is basing an opinion with little information - and as Nico pointed out, the parameters of the rumor have changed. Speculate all you want, but we can't ignore the key parts. The discussion started veering into blue sky, which is completely separate from speculation.
I'm sorry but this is insane. What other forum makes distinctions like this?

Reactions: SpatulaShack
Nobody's saying they can't fit a big ride in there given the constraints. At worst, we're saying, "I wonder how they're going to make it work!" That seems totally in-bounds to me.

How big is the boat ride for Kung Fu Panda at Beijing? Not the whole building for the indoor land, just the boat ride.
I'd hope they're aiming a little higher than that, personally.

You just can't magic wand it away because you want a massive ride there.
I mean... wouldn't everybody want a "big" ride there? Zelda's definitely worthy of a significant D-ticket (if not an outright E).

I mean... wouldn't everybody want a "big" ride there? Zelda's definitely worthy of a significant D-ticket (if not an outright E).
I don't disagree...but I also think Mario Kart should have people adjusting their expectations when it comes to what *Nintendo* wants for their properties in the parks. Not that I think Mario Kart is anywhere near a bad ride. But it's clear what people dreamed up in their heads for years does not match up with what Nintendo is looking for out of this partnership.

It is! And 1.5 acres definitely would allow a big-ticket ride there.

Update - I just went to Google Earth to measure PF, and the entire plot is 2.2 acres... about .3 acres shy of what Gringotts is. Sindbad is about 1.7 more or less. That's plenty of space for 2 D/E Tickets.

Last edited:
Quality of an attraction, and a good design, is more important than size. You can have a huge plot, like F&F, and end up with a crummy attraction. That's still a pretty large space without the Sindbad area. That could be a good secondary attraction on that Sindbad plot.

I still have a hard time picturing what a land featuring Zelda would look like. I’m not familiar with any of the games in general.

Reactions: Nico
I still have a hard time picturing what a land featuring Zelda would look like. I’m not familiar with any of the games in general.

Whenever I google “Zelda Land Universal” on google images this always pops up, and the art they chose for the article I think is a very practical look at what it could look like.

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico