The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 185 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still have a hard time picturing what a land featuring Zelda would look like. I’m not familiar with any of the games in general.
Same. Based on my lack of knowledge on the IP, I’m not sure how to picture it. There’s some pretty good concepts in this thread from the past few months.

I am still of the mind that I’d rather they tear down the majority of the land. I get that there are some construction/financial incentives in not doing this though. Maybe the restaurants/store fronts being gutted and rethemed would be fine. I trust Universal, especially in partnership with a third party, but just want the land to feel fleshed out and permanent.

Reactions: OrlLover
I don't disagree...but I also think Mario Kart should have people adjusting their expectations when it comes to what *Nintendo* wants for their properties in the parks. Not that I think Mario Kart is anywhere near a bad ride. But it's clear what people dreamed up in their heads for years does not match up with what Nintendo is looking for out of this partnership.

Agree. Nintendo could compete with Xbox and PS but that's not their M.O.

PF's plot is around 1.5 acres, unless they plan to extend the showbuilding close to the public pathway.
From outside queue and show building and some surrounding walkways, from Google Earth. "2.19" acres

PF.jpg

1. No mod shutdown speculation.
2. There's a fine line between speculation and blue sky. Speculation is basing an opinion with little information - and as Nico pointed out, the parameters of the rumor have changed. Speculate all you want, but we can't ignore the key parts. The discussion started veering into blue sky, which is completely separate from speculation.

It's premature to shut down speculation on how Universal could utilize this space based on a concept that could change until construction/permitting starts. Once we get more information, permitting, or construction, I'll shut my trap on the issue. But what's the harm of discussing it in the appropriate thread? I get not wanting to have the forum spiral into a blue-sky session, but it's way too early to start knocking off a discussion.

Yes, insiders know what will be happening... but why does it always seem to be directed in such a condescending matter that quiets discussion?

Same. Based on my lack of knowledge on the IP, I’m not sure how to picture it. There’s some pretty good concepts in this thread from the past few months.

I am still of the mind that I’d rather they tear down the majority of the land. I get that there are some construction/financial incentives in not doing this though. Maybe the restaurants/store fronts being gutted and rethemed would be fine. I trust Universal, especially in partnership with a third party, but just want the land to feel fleshed out and permanent.
I still think nearly everything will be bulldozed. I could even see the queue for whatever the ride is entering down by the water and possibly under the main LC pathway to get to a showbuilding. The existing LC path is already on an elevated level. Would be a good way to use the currently underutilized lagoon front of LC by Mythos.

That's how it's always been since 2008. For all rumors, from rides to HHN. Like I don't understand the issue? You can't ignore facts. The road plays a big part in any future expansion. You just can't magic wand it away because you want a massive ride there.
That's not what was happening though? All I did was wonder how it would fit, and discussion followed from that. I don't understand the need for mods to get involved and police the discussion when it was completely harmless. It's not toxic and we literally have nothing new to go on at the moment.

I just know some people on here would lose their gourds if they heard that Zelda was a clone of the Kung Fu Panda boat ride.
There’s nothing wrong with the ride system. It’s the lack of physical sets and integration with recycled screen media that is the problem there.

But I don’t believe Universal parks have another operating dark boat ride system in use, (now that Madagascar closed,) so it may be worth considering which ride system they’ve used most recently when thinking about what they may use next.

I just know some people on here would lose their gourds if they heard that Zelda was a clone of the Kung Fu Panda boat ride.
Hey I mean the ride itself isn’t that bad if you just look at the layout…. High capacity, long enough, winding layout. It really could just use a small drop somewhere ala pirates. The big factor is how universal decides to theme it. They dropped the ball with panda but if they use the same layout and create some immersive practical sets, animatronics, and scene transitions that aren’t just black hallways it might be alright

It's premature to shut down speculation on how Universal could utilize this space based on a concept that could change until construction/permitting starts. Once we get more information, permitting, or construction, I'll shut my trap on the issue. But what's the harm of discussing it in the appropriate thread? I get not wanting to have the forum spiral into a blue-sky session, but it's way too early to start knocking off a discussion.

Yes, insiders know what will be happening... but why does it always seem to be directed in such a condescending matter that quiets discussion?
As Brian said, no one is stopping conversation from happening. Skip suggested we may be putting the cart before the horse. If you disagree with him, that convo can still be had.

I replied to post some context for everyone. I believe everyone should have updated context in order to have the best discussion. I agree that nothing is a done deal until a land opens. Even permits can shift.

If you have more to say about the feasibility of the road being moved, feel free. I can’t promise everyone will agree with you though.

I would love for them to make the best use of the land and parcel size. We know they have gotten creative with access roads with the Hogwarts Express before. That’s really the only modern example I can think of. If they want to, they will. So far, nothing is pointing to that desire yet.

There’s nothing wrong with the ride system. It’s the lack of physical sets and integration with recycled screen media that is the problem there.

But I don’t believe Universal parks have another operating dark boat ride system in use, (now that Madagascar closed,) so it may be worth considering which ride system they’ve used most recently when thinking about what they may use next.
I agree with all that, but I can imagine there are people who will have an adverse initial reaction regardless.

I actually think Panda's pretty great before you hit the lift hill. The use of projection mapping on the bamboo remains one of my favorite theme park effects. The animatronics...are not all bad!

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico
Hey I mean the ride itself isn’t that bad if you just look at the layout…. High capacity, long enough, winding layout. It really could just use a small drop somewhere ala pirates. The big factor is how universal decides to theme it. They dropped the ball with panda but if they use the same layout and create some immersive practical sets, animatronics, and scene transitions that aren’t just black hallways it might be alright
Doesn’t Panda have a small drop at the end?

I'm picturing Death Mountain as the main ride showbuilding, with the rest of the attractions/shops/restaurants being based in the Korok Forest, Great Deku Tree and all.
As much as I’d like to see Hyrule castle, I think death mountain is a great idea. Hyrule castle might be just too similar to hogwarts castle

Also if they’re not 100% set on a TOTK timeline and are willing to include things from all eras, Ganon’s Tower from OOT and Windwaker could house an E-ticket and looks distinct enough from Hogwarts castle.

What if it's an anime castle village, what then?

I'm starting to think that perhaps the ride is situated in the Sindbad plot...It's the larger plot after all. Also, considering we know that it's a boat ride (Thanks @Alicia :heart:), could the ride be themed to one of the rivers in the lost woods where through our sail we encounter mythical creatures and come across iconic locations from the video games? That could fix the need to have the land itself be themed to Hyrule.

Reactions: biggerboat16
I'm picturing Death Mountain as the main ride showbuilding, with the rest of the attractions/shops/restaurants being based in the Korok Forest, Great Deku Tree and all.
Had to Google Death Mountain. Universal does have volcano experience. :lmao:

Hyrule is the most recognizable and iconic location in the Zelda franchise, but I have to wonder if building another castle village right next to Hogsmeade would be too reductive.
*ahem* Hyrule is the setting of The Legend of Zelda, what you’re referring to is Hyrule Castle and the surrounding Castle Town. :p

That being said, those are both ruins in Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom, so I doubt we’ll be seeing them as the main setting, personally.

Yes.. What surrounds the ride system can be night and day. Hate to keep bringing it up, but as an example, F&F & Kong essentially have the same ride system and layout. Kong is a very good attraction and F&F sucks. It's all in the execution, or lack of.

Reactions: Alicia