The WWE Thread | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The WWE Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This WrestleMania just seems like just one big setup for 32 in Dallas next year. Like how all 27 was just a setup to 28 in Miami. They will be pulling out all the stops for that trying to break the attendance record. The Taker/Sting retirement match seems set. Sounds like the Rock could be in the mix too.

I want to go back to the Roman Reins thing for a minute. I don't want to make it sound like I'm starting an argument. I'm just really trying to understand the hatred and I will gladly listen to what you guys have to say, because I WANT you to convince me. :thumbs:

But here is how I currently view it. Fans want Daniel Bryan to win everything, even though he already had his moment last year. But fans boo John Cena because he always wins everything. Fans hate Reins because his mic skills are bad, but they cheer for Brock Lesnar who has someone else do the talking for him. Fans loved Reins when he was with the Shield. But Rollins turns on the Shield and the fans love Ambrose but hate Reins.

One thing I think we ALL can agree on......no way in heck does Snoop Dog throw someone out of the ring with those chicken wings for arms.:lol:

Just has to do with the crowd going against the handpicked guys versus the workhorses that are great wrestlers but never can break through because they don't have the support of Vince and the others, mainly Vince. If we're talking about who deserves to be in that spot versus Brock, guys like Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, and Daniel Bryan deserve it much more than Roman Reigns does. They are over with the crowd/great wrestlers. But Vince is hell bent on getting Reigns over as the next guy at all of the crowds favorites expense and the crowds are not having it. Reigns was hurt while guys like Ambrose and Ziggler are main eventing PPVS and putting on great performances.

And you're right saying Daniel Bryan had his moment and wins all the time, but that's who the crowd likes! Hulk Hogan won all the time, Steve Austin won all the time. So if you're over with the crowd and they like you, they don't care if you win all the time. He also had his reign cut short due to injury and the fans want to see a legit lengthy reign. Him versus Lesnar in the main event this year literally writes itself. The underdog that the crowd loves against the unstoppable beast would have been perfect. Thankfully Lesnar is sticking around and hopefully we can get that match at some point, but this years Mania would have been the perfect spot.

People are rejecting Reigns because he hasn't really earned the spot at all. He's only has a little more than 3 years in the business, while the other guys have logged in 10 plus. Probably like 30 something combined between the 3 of them. That's why Ambrose lost all those matches in the fall to Rollins/Wyatt because he's super over with the crowd so they had to try and get the crowds to cool off on him so Reigns can come back to be the top face. The crowd saw through it all and rejected it and it has backfired completely.

Last edited:
It really boils down to "Don't BS us".

Same problem was had going into WM29.

Everyone knew Rock was losing to Cena. Everyone knew HHH wasn't retiring and would beat Brock. It's fake, yes - but would you pay for a movie at the theater when you know what the ending is going to be? Yes, there are exceptions where everything is predicable, but if the ending is telegraphed; then the journey to the ending better be freaking entertaining as hell.

It really boils down to "Don't BS us".

Same problem was had going into WM29.

Everyone knew Rock was losing to Cena. Everyone knew HHH wasn't retiring and would beat Brock. It's fake, yes - but would you pay for a movie at the theater when you know what the ending is going to be? Yes, there are exceptions where everything is predicable, but if the ending is telegraphed; then the journey to the ending better be freaking entertaining as hell.

WrestleMania 29's predictability made it unpredictable. "Can this all REALLY happen? There has to be a swerve."

There wasn't. Terrible show.

WrestleMania 29's predictability made it unpredictable. "Can this all REALLY happen? There has to be a swerve."

There wasn't. Terrible show.

It really was. I was watching the main event hoping for a swerve and then when Cena pinned Rock clean....ugh terrible feeling. While I wish I went so I can say I was at WrestleMania, I went to Raw the next night and it was a good consolation prize. Much better show. Undertaker/Punk probably would have been worth the price of admission though.

It really was. I was watching the main event hoping for a swerve and then when Cena pinned Rock clean....ugh terrible feeling. While I wish I went so I can say I was at WrestleMania, I went to Raw the next night and it was a good consolation prize. Much better show. Undertaker/Punk probably would have been worth the price of admission though.

I was there and had tickets to Raw. Sold them. Huge mistake. :lol:

I managed to get tickets to SummerSlam at Barclays Center for a reasonable price, so I'm pretty stoked. First show in my hometown for me.

I managed to get tickets to SummerSlam at Barclays Center for a reasonable price, so I'm pretty stoked. First show in my hometown for me.

I'll never forget the first wrestling match I ever went to was a WCW pay per view in Charlotte. The fights in the stands were better than the fights in the ring.

I wish I could go to SummerSlam but in a little bit of irony I'll be in Universal. I'll have to bring my iPad and catch it on the WWE Network. Good thing about the Network. Would have been cool because my first event ever was Summerslam 1997 at Izod Center, then known as Continental Airlines Arena

Wrestlemania turned out 10 times better than I thought it would be. A few hiccups but overall a pretty damn good show.

Yep. Great show. Sting is my all time favorite so I'm not happy he lost. But the nostalgia of the nWo and DX made it memorable. Felt like a kid again when the nWo music hit. But that's when it became apparent that Sting wasn't winning this when it became WWE vs WCW.

The Rock and Rousey thing was cool too. Does this mean HHH/Rock at Mania 32? That's a match that should have happened at WM2000

Also the main event was done perfectly. Lesnar destroyed Reigns. Rollins cashes in and Lesnar doesn't even have to take the pin, still looking unstoppable. And a new star is born. Great event. Looking forward to Raw

Really good show from what I saw. Marked HARD for Rock/Rousey. Would love to see a mixed tag match with Steph/Haitch at SummerSlam or Mania next year. Main Event was awesome, and it was nice to see Taker not look like he was going to die.

Great Mania after a rather weak build-up. I gotta wonder if those stiff shots Reigns gave Lesnar was done purposely or if Reigns got nervous and was careless. Maybe even frustration?

Love it as well. Is a pity of Sting not winning, that really had Vince McMahon written all over it, but it was fitting. Of course nWO on Sting's side was odd lol
Russev vs Cena was great, Cena even pulled of a new move.
Wyatt vs Taker was great, pity Wyatt did not win. Undertaker looked good, though you could tell he was struggling, so was Wyatt though, I heard somewhere he twisted his ankle prior to the match.

Main event was phenomenal ... Lesnar really is the master of the supplex, Reins looked legitimately dazed most of the time lol and the ending was great, Rollins deserves it, sets up nice new storyline possibilities and Brock did not have to take a fall.

Nice how Daniel Bryan had a lot of attention as well, still would love to see him versus Lesnar, but with the bad neck this might not ever happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Great Mania after a rather weak build-up. I gotta wonder if those stiff shots Reigns gave Lesnar was done purposely or if Reigns got nervous and was careless. Maybe even frustration?

The match looked legitimately brutal at moments. When you have been thrown around by Lesnar like that ...

I have been wondering, when Lesnar was bleeding after being thrown in the post, was it for real? It did seem like he hit that post pretty bad, on the other hand it fitted so perfectly in the story of the match that it could be fake ...

Last edited:
Lesnar works pretty stiff so I'm sure he was fine with the stiff shots from Reigns. He got busted open the hard way on the post. You could see the cut on the top of his head. Like he said on Sportscenter he was born to entertain. That's why its good to have him around because he never half asses it

Lesnar works pretty stiff so I'm sure he was fine with the stiff shots from Reigns. He got busted open the hard way on the post. You could see the cut on the top of his head. Like he said on Sportscenter he was born to entertain. That's why its good to have him around because he never half asses it

You could really see on Raw how busted up he was.